Thursday, March 24, 2011

New Tech Is Pretty

Thursday, March 24th, 2011 – surrounded by chaos, urge to play mariachi songs

Last night I spent an enjoyable half hour shoving Lindor chocolate truffles into my pie hole in a joyous, chocolate procession, while loading 707 episodes of my favourite TV shows (yes really) onto my shiny, new, external drive, to save my computer from expiring under the weight of them. I also moved 97 movies and copied a metric fuckton (official U.N. measurement) of back-up photos and music. Oh it’s so light now. My little computer is a slim, dancing diva, freed from the weight of all my media, its happy little quad cores daintily flitting around like M and Ms, bouncing inside Oprah’s belly, on a spring morning. I will say this. USB 3 is a fine invention. Holy crap yes. Because who has 2 hours to sit and wait for a bunch of files to transfer? Not I. These ones zipped in. I have the attention span of a small, excited fish, therefore, this is paramount.

I also bought a new mouse. A tiny, chrome coloured, mini-mouse that fits precisely in my delicate lady hands rather than my last mouse which was like clutching a dinosaur egg with buttons and obviously made for someone with transformer-sized hands who eats steaks the size of a table top while burping battle songs

As a side note, Google-searching for terms like “lady mouse” and “sexy mouse” can only bring nightmares like a mouse I found shaped like a vagina. Find it yourself. You’ve been warned.

Speaking of mice, I haven’t seen Baxter in months, thanks to those of you emailing me to ask about him. I assume he and Maybelline are living it up somewhere warm for the winter and not hiding under the dishwasher taking incriminating video of me, red faced and puffing, in yoga poses again...

57 comments:

  1. That lady mouse would go really well with my co-worker's Hooters mousepad, which also comes with breasts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus Christ. Men will turn anything into boobs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so glad your computer's little quad cores are flying free.

    those are some of the brightest pink nips i've ever seen. i kinda dig the polka dot thong though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, ladymouse... Why did they call it a mouse originally, why not a rabbit? Heh, ladyrabbits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. USB 3, you yanks are going way to quick for me...

    I'm still saving my data on wax scrolls

    Current estimate, using 54 highly trained clerics is, just 4 years and 22 seconds to copy my fine collection of 54 etchings and 12 brass rubbings….

    Something’s you just can’t rush….

    WTF……

    5 years and 3 months …..

    Damn I think one of the clerics just snuffed it….

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't recommend buying that lady mouse. For some reason it only lets you touch it 2 to 3 times a week, and while you're gone it clicks itself and does online shopping w/ your credit card.

    I apologize in advance for that comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't understand the mouse pictured. I mean, if a person is gonna paint boobies on a mouse, why hold back at all? Panties? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It fills me with glee that I've been gone for months and the first post I read of yours mentions one of my favorite posts. Kismet. So kismet has to do with mices. And yes I used mices. I like to pluralize plurals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! You made harddrive transfer sound like so much fun you wordsmith you! Awesome post! Truly entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Megs: Hahaha really. Martini is right - men will put boobs on anything. Or would like to. :)

    Martini: See above, ladyfriend!

    Patty: They're flying free with the wind in their hair. Or something... And yes, realism wasn't big on the mouse's manufacturer's list I think...

    Penny: LOL. I'm trying to figure out how that would work. Oh wait..I already have an idea.

    Eric: Uh huh. I'm going to pretend that made sense while backing off slowly.

    BlackLOG: I'm sure all the Yanks over here are fist pumping right now. I'm not a Yank though, but still. I'm a NINJA. That wax scroll business sounds torturous and all that running around by your clerics must interfere with their robes, no? Never mind. Technology will reach you some day.

    Brandon: I apologize in advance for all the comments YOU'RE going to get after that. :) Haha!

    Mama: I don't know man. If it didn't well - that might be OFFENSIVE. Unlike those honking great bangers it has.

    Lola: Well I did it just for you, you know? I've been plotting it for months. :) Maybe.

    Rita: Wordsmith! There's something no one's ever called ME before. Usually the adjectives used for me have letters that are replaced by asterisks and symbols.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do hope Baxter is alright. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You infidel. Sticking up for THE MOUSE. Sulk!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "inside Oprah’s belly" wow that's a jolly image.
    I had not seen that type of mouse before. I can't figure out why it didn't become a big hit. Maybe the boobs started to sag with use?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I'll save the asterix and symbols for another time...right now..WORDSMITH about covers it. Bask in it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lisleman: OH, you and Brandon should get together and fend off the infuriated ladies. :) Although maybe I laughed and maybe I didn't.

    Rita: Thank you! I'm going to right NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, am impressed with your tech know-how and such-like (see can't even find the words to describe all your up-loading and down-loading). I am such a luddite that i wanted to make a comment on this post and wondered why everyone was talking about eyebrows...does your wee mouse have eyebrows? Anyway we had mice too - without eyebrows - but I was not sweet enough to name them - am terrified of them! - but now if I see the little beggers again - I will name. Give fear a name.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know, you can give fear a name but you will still want to bludgeon it. :) I think they're cute, I just don't really want them in my apartment. Especially ones who talk and sass me. As for the eyebrows maybe he does! Maybe he's a Liz Taylor fan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm very impressed with your technical abilities being that I don't understand half of what you described doing. Very cool lady mouse ...although sitting here and pondering the male version is giving me the heebie-jeebies, and that is coming from someone who is a big fan of the ding dong.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah either way it's just creepy. :) And thanks for making me contemplate that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish I knew how to go about transferring files to an external drive, and what an external drive is; my laptop would probably run much faster.

    ReplyDelete
  21. If I ever saw someone using that mouse, I would never talk to them. Ever. There'd just be no reason to.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Note to Penny: A man mouse is also called a joy stick...

    When I was shopping for a laptop I remember you gave me your specs and they sounded impressive. I also remember you telling me about your laptop...
    Heyyyyyoooo!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mmmm, Lindor. But who really believes in a austrian chocolate research center? I mean really. The austrian makeup research center totally didn't exist so why should the chocolate's!

    Anywho, I'm getting an extra 500 gb harddrive installed by bf (he had one laying around, wtf?) so I can move all my very legally copied movies and TV-shows onto that and save my poor C: It needs it. Mmmmm... space. Room for another 40 gig of images!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Where did you find that photo of me and why did you photoshop out my head?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Eva: Haha, it's easy. It's just another hard drive except it's outside your computer (it's mobile) that you can store stuff on to clear up space on your computer's hard drive. There you go. Lesson.

    JUST ME: Agreed. I might throw paint balls at them.

    Skypop: Ha, I remember! I needed something that can handle excessive graphics and editing software. I love my baby. Stroking it lovingly. I hope your new baby is good too!

    Wynn: Mmm Lindor. You lost me after that. :) Haha yep those extra drives sure help. My external's a 500 as well. I went for a Terrabyte which is way more than I need, but this one was so cheap on sale I thought 'screw it' that's all I need.

    Elly: Dude, if your boobs are big and round and perky like those, no one cares about your head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I had a friend who had a remote shaped like that. We stole it from him and sent him pictures of it at various places in Mpls: bars, parties, at the lake, taking in a Wild game...

    I wonder whatever happened to that remote...

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  27. That mouse is pretty dang funny.

    Mmm. I love those Lindor truffles.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Pearl: Hahaha! Now THAT is the correct thing to do with such an item. Plus it was asking for it really. :)

    WW: I know! It's lucky they're so damn expensive or I'd be buying them every day! Yum. My mouth is watering.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I sooooooo want that pervy lady mouse! How much fun would that be to use out in public somewhere?!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's almost the exact same mouse I have.

    Except mine is a vagina.

    Which gives "clicking the button" a whole new meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cora: I nominate YOU to try it out in public and report back. :)

    Ed: Mmm. I saw a vagina one for real when looking for that picture. So you might not even be bluffing. Who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oprah is thin now!

    -According to oprah.

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOL. I did the same thing with my pie hole with Cadbury cream eggs. Oy.

    Nice mouse. That girl should put on some clothes...what a slut...:)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I couldn't read the rest of this post, because I couldn't get past the drool that was produced by reading - yes, that's right, just reading - about Lindor chocolates. Must go wash my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Can you do that thing you do to my computer? I'm an idiot and also afraid to touch anything. Anything. Including a mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I think there is a lady mouse under my bed - it is the mice ladies that have babies isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  37. You must have a sexy version of google. I googled it and a cute little old lady mouse came up.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh, I have just recently seen the vagina mouse. How the hell would one get anything done without being hypnotized by the lewdness before their eyes?

    P.S. I have a new platonic blog crush here. You're dripping awesome sauce, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'd have to assassinate that mouse. That's just wrong! Although my son would probably like one for his birthday. (But be horrible humiliated if I actually got one for him.... that alone, would make it worthwhile.)

    ReplyDelete
  40. 'My little computer is a slim, dancing diva, freed from the weight of all my media, its happy little quad cores daintily flitting around like M&Ms, bouncing inside Oprah’s belly, on a spring morning'

    That left me in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  41. They look more like eyes than boobs to me. Maybe my boobs just need to look more like eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Rahul: She is? Good for her! Poor Oprah. We're all so judgmental. :) Or maybe just mental?

    Momma F: Cadbury Creme Eggs...YUM! Yes, the mouse could have at least worn a bra.

    Tenny: It's ok, man. Same thing happens to me. Those things are SO GOOD. That chocolate shell. That smooth, cool interior. Oh yeah!

    Edie: Sure. I'll do that thing and pretend it's hard then you can think I'm cool, how's that? :)

    Lulu: Uh...usually, yes... :) Aw you could have a whole family of them under your bed. Maybe that's where Baxter went?

    Sarah: I have Google Raunch. :) Bad Google!

    LilPixi: You're drunk ladyfriend. :) Oh but the vagina mouse is just wrong. I mean it only has one button for a start. WTF?

    Boom Boom: Yeah. It might be slightly weird for a mom to buy something with giant, naked boobs for her son. :)

    Martin: Well it WAS a very happy computer. And I suspect Oprah does enjoy the occasional M&M in springtime. Allegedly!

    Nicki: If you have big round popping eyes with pink irises then yes! Also? You might need to see an ophthalmologist, I'm just saying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. At work, we have tea time every Tuesday afternoon (my boss's wife is English) and this week, the boss and his wife brought in LINDOR TRUFFLES! It's hidden away in one of the cabinets, but I grab one whenever I get a hankering for chocolate.

    By the way, that mouse is very disturbing to me. Couldn't you find a classier one? Like one with lace panties instead.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I had a mouse once, but the RSPCA always itervene and spoil our fun, uh.
    This is a fun post, with a capital F.

    Have a fun weekend (with a small f), Boonie

    ReplyDelete
  45. I admit, I love new tech gadgets only when it's intuitive and I don't have to read the instructions to get it to work. Yeah, I'm a smuck.

    I am reading a book about a woman moving from NYC to the country and all her mouse problems and I immediately thought of you and Baxter. How weird that you mentioned him.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh get you, with all your talk of the latest gadgetry.

    I'm talking myself out of buying an iPod Touch. I like shiny, shiny toys, but my credit card isn't talking to me.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Lindor chocolate = love. I had mice in my last house. I spent a lot of time trying to talk to my dog about his utter apathy. This is a dog who lives to chase squirrels and chipmunks. But a mouse? Running across the kitchen? RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS NOSE? Barely merited an eye twitch.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Your mouse looks like a Muppet raised near toxic waste. Or is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
  49. Well I totally just responded to all these recent comments and Blogger ate them. I am AGGRAVATED. Needless to say, you guys are all lovely, the end. Damn. I hate this thing sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'm glad you got a lady hands mouse. I would totally get one too. If I ever got a table for my house.

    ReplyDelete
  51. haha i'm currently on the floor with my laptop so I hear you. Oh the indignity.

    ReplyDelete
  52. A tata mouse? Of course someone created that thing. I'm glad you found a mini mouse to use. I'm still using this dinosaur egg-esque sized thing which is probably to blame for my arthritis at 33. In related news, we have my auntie send us every Cadbury goodness she can find a few times a year. I figured you'd appreciate such a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Veg, you tell that mouse that those red-faced puffing yoga-poses photos and/or videos would not be incriminating to you in the slightest! Rather, they would stand in testament to your commitment to kick-assing. You tell that blackmailing blackguard of a rodent that it is the lazies and the lay-abouts who ought to feel ashamed of themselves, of their slouching about in slovenly fashion, of their couching indolently upon their couches of indolence! Tell that mouse he's got the wrong idea of what people should be ashamed of! Tell him to put me down for a copy!

    For inspirational purposes. Nothing shameful about it.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I've seen your name on comments at other blogs I read, so I thought if you like them, I may like you. Guess what? I do!

    Will come back for another snoop around soon.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Meow: MMMMMMMMM Cadbury goodness. Thank god I'm in a place I can get Cadbury goodness. YUM!

    Trish: Hi! You flatterer you. :) Once I get my act together I will quietly stalk YOU too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  56. Dog: haha, I will tell that miserable rodenty little bastard. I will. And I will tell him you said to tell him. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your rhythm stick.

Here's the What What

So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...