Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Please Pay Attention to the Pre-Flight Safety Instructions

Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 – Meh

Holy pig balls, guys. I can only apologize for not bombarding your fine blogs with inane comments the past few days but I’ve had the most enormous, fuck-off sized eye headaches. This is due to a combination of my sinuses being hijacked by Osama Bin Laden (probably) and the fact I have light grey eyes which are about as light sensitive as a man with fourteen eyes who’s been released into the face of the Sun after ten years locked in a dark, rapey basement. Ouchy. I can barely stand to look at a computer screen for more than five minutes without swooning Vivian Leigh style and proclaiming, “BRIGHT LIGHT! BRIGHT LIGHT!” in the voice of one of the Gremlins.

Tomorrow, come back here for some California Dreaming.

I’m off now to bathe my eyes in something soothing.

49 comments:

  1. Hilarious guest post Veg Ass...hope your fuck-off sized eye ache fucks off...sounds bloody painful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It effing IS, Muummmmeeeeee! I'm currently looking at things through one eye to help the other one rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your post.... funniest thing I have had the fortune to read in a long time :-)
    Thanks, Veg...
    PS No mention of the Italian persona though... or is that a post on its own?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know dude, I did have a part about Italians and Russians and Hungarians but it was so damn long already, that they had to come out. I figure most people going to Europe probably go to the more obvious countries anyway. Although Italy, seriously, it's a crazy melting pot of insanity. And pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're saying that after all this time and money and lives spent in Afghanistan that we just simply needed to be looking in your retina for Osama?

    Makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what a sky muffin is, but it sounds sexy.

    Oh, and feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm..rapey basements. Only thing better than rapey basements is anal-rapey basements.

    I want one of those. Nao. Kidding, but I really hope your sinuses drain out (all over your pillows)
    and you feel better.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boo to head pain! But I still heart you! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Nat'l Pancake day

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, you hit the nail on the head with the australians, americans, and spaniards. lolz.

    did i mention i hate travelling avec les americains...? sometimes* we're such a disgrace.





    *all the time

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, Italia. Mmmm pizza.

    Mmmmm sky muffins...

    ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Moooooog: He is THAT elusive.:)

    Martini: It's something you eat with a cappuccino. Or a flight attendant. One of those things.

    Miss G: Gasp! And LOL. And thank you. :)

    FF: Aw you are nice. Especially for a fool! :) Thank you.

    A: Where do you get this stuff, woman? Now I want pancakes. Thank you SOOO much.

    Gunny: Yes I am good at stereotyping. Although it's also true. All of it.

    Eric: Pizza, my dear, is easier to get and cheaper, I'd stick to that. And usually cheesier. Not always, but usually.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lashes my look a little gnarley in the photo, but the color is beautiful!

    Okay okay, I'm going...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mr. Dude, really, I don't know what happened. It was late afternoon and my eyeliner disappeared and wasteland lashes ensued. I have long lashes in actual fact. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm back...
    It was brilliant and hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YOU are brilliant and hilarious! See, I can be nice too. Don't go getting used to it.:) Oh, and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh poor you! *makes cooling head hand waving movements*

    You're right though, us light irised lasses don't half suffer with that whole sunlight ouchy thing. Also means we'll be wrinkly as a chicken's leg by the time we're 40.

    On that note, feel better Veg!! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What exactly is in a comforting eye bath? Oatmeal? Tabasco? Steel Wool?

    Is it like a jellyfish sting? Do you need me to pee in it? I would do that for you. I'm just going to need you to hold really, really still.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jude: Stupid paleness. Stupid northern European genes. We are, however, awesome. :)

    Elly: I like to think it's natural yogurt, slightly warmed. Then you can eat it after.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You just gave me a great idea for a new series over at my place, "Photos of Sky-Dads body parts".

    You can use them to scare the mice away if nothing else works.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your eyeball looks a lot like mine. OMG, we're eyeball twinsies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Skypop: Haha, I'm going to blow mine way up to giant size and put it in the lobby of the building to freak people out. Maybe.

    Miss Y: So THAT'S where my right eye went! :) My right eye is nicer. No brown flecks. Actually, I just want green/hazel eyes instead. Do your eyes look different colours every time you change clothes as well? Gah.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are such a Looney Toon! I love your posts! Thanks for the travel tips.

    ReplyDelete
  24. One day, you'll find yourself somewhere exotic in a European sense (I'm desperately trying to think if such a thing exists) and you'll remember those points. And see I am right!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Didn't realise that it was eye colour that causes red eyes...mine are the same colour as yours. i am so glad it's not the quantity of wine consumed the previous evening after all!

    Much obliged. xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Haha, well wine certainly doesn't help! But ouch, I get light sensitive easily. You probably do too, being of northern Euro stock and all. :) I bet it's something to do with the long winter darkness...

    ReplyDelete
  27. You know if the eyes are a window to the soul I'm now pee your pants scared (and slightly aroused, though that could be left over from watching too many episodes of True Blood in a row).

    Hope the eye pain leaves the building. That kind of thing sucks dog balls.

    ReplyDelete
  28. And all KINDS of balls, dude. But yes, this headache is resistant to drugs it seems. My eyes don't want to look at screens yet...they must! :) Anyway, I hope YOU are feeling ok?

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can vouch for the Frenchy thing 100%. They're the only people that see no logical problem with getting mad at you equally for either not trying to speak their language or for trying.

    ReplyDelete
  30. ABSOLUTELY true my friend. At least in Paris. I find the more south you go, the more normal they are and then they appreciate a little effort, even if they do still enjoy watching you sweat and struggle a bit. They make great croissants though, which almost makes me forgive it...

    ReplyDelete
  31. WHAT IS UP WITH YO' EYE?!!?

    -Chris rock.

    I felt like that was appropriate here even if nothing is up with your eye.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Bobcat Goldthwait.

    You name-checked Bobcat Goldthwait.

    We are now best friends forever.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Rahul: Strangely enough it was like Chris was here in the room with me then. FREAKHY!

    Mel: Hahaha, I did! He's a freaky shouty thing and seemed appropriate somehow...

    ReplyDelete
  34. I hate headaches. I usually try to make it go away with tons of chocolate but it rarely works.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I bet it's fun trying though, no? :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Are you like the "Tell Tale Heart" guy? If so, you should stay away from crazy people.

    And if your sinuses don't clear -- the terrorists.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yes I am. I also have bodies under my floorboards and a vulture eye. Beeyatch.

    ReplyDelete
  38. You have a lovely eye. I can't vouch for the other one since you didn't show us. The guest post you wrote better not be about some horror story since I'll be flying AGAIN this Thursday morning...

    ReplyDelete
  39. It's only a horror story if you're already at your destination and you encounter any of the subjects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Speaking of California, I always picture myself on the Ventura Highway listening to America on the ole ipod...

    ReplyDelete
  41. Strange story that I can't be bothered telling right now, I once broke down on Ventura Highway. I mean the car did not ME. :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Next time call me, I live 50 yards from an entrance to the Ventura Freeway :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Well, Jesus, NOW you tell me. :)

    Um. I wasn't insinuating you are Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love that all these comments are on ENTIRELY the wrong post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Yeah, she totally started it. We just humored her by playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Grey eyes eh? Must be related, complete with the rust dots. Only mine go bright green when I get pissy.

    Never thought the eyeball headaches were related to color, but the whole "BRIGHT LIGHT!" eyeball rapey thing I totally get.

    Ice and margaritas both help.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Margaritas also GIVE you them. :) Mine go light green or light blue depending on what I wear or what the weather's like. Stupid moody eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your rhythm stick.

Here's the What What

So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...