Monday, March 14, 2011

It All Comes Down To Satan and Pie

Monday, March 14th, 2011, mid-March, still kinda wintery

I can’t really fathom what it must be like to be in Japan right now, amidst a giant crock pot of fuckery, where every conceivable force of nature or man, seems to want to wipe your very existence out.

 It’s making for most unsatisfactory thoughts and I’m thousands of miles away. Those poor people? I wager they’re not sitting there safe and comfortable, sipping hot coffee and sucking on some toffee chocolate balls, like I am. They’re trying to be someplace where there’s less possibility of expiring from radiation sickness, lava or their house falling on them. If they still have a house. This is making me frown an unnatural amount.

I hate to mention him again, but I have slightly worrying idea that Charlie Sheen might factor into this. It seems the more insanity he spouts, the harder Japan gets pounded. I’m pretty sure there’s a correlation there somewhere, if we just look hard enough…

Anyway, here’s to those people having some sanity and semblance of normalcy restored again someday.
In other news, I’m not sure what I did to deserve this, somewhat illiterate, word verification:
saten
So close, Blogger, so close

Finally, for the person (and you know who you are) who emailed me the other day complaining about the severe and unforgiveable lack of pie charts on my blog recently, here, just for you, is a long overdue pie chart.


Happy now? Okay.

64 comments:

  1. Sucking balls, huh? You crazy Canadians and the things you do in the middle of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're toffee balls though. TOFFEE! And they complement coffee perfectly. What am I to do? It would be unsporting of me to refuse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure Charlie Sheen doesn't care or doesn't even know something happened in Japan. As for the rest of the world, prayers and any help are needed in Japan. Let's send and do what we can to help them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best pie chart, ever. And I'm guessing Charlie Sheen has something to do with your word verification...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roger that, LACM. Actually, Charlie Sheen could probably afford some of that 2 mil an episode he was making to help in the restoration effort in Japan, no?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brutie: Now THAT makes sense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone at work today gleefully informed me that it is National Pi Day (3.14) and since it is only one letter removed from "pie," we should all eat pie in its honor. I'm down.

    So all that to say your pie chart is timely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Check me out being almost topical! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am waiting for the religious freaks to start spouting why Japan deserved this because they are not christian enough.

    Charlie Sheen deserved this, but not Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, yes that would not surprise me one bit. One of my pet peeves. As I'm sure you know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i feel so bad for those poor peeps!!! scary earthquake PLUS nuclear meltdown?? awful.

    on funny note... today is not only pi day, but steak and blow job day, as well. just.. you know... so that you're totally informed! BUT NOBODY TELL MY HUSBAND!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wait is there a day for everything now? Who decides these things? When is 'win the lottery' day? I'm all over that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm keeping up with events via BBC Online. I can't bear to turn my tv set on.

    You've just reminded me...I need chocolate therapy. Hold on a sec...ahhh...much better.

    Right, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, I can't bear to watch the news. The juxtaposition of some petty idiot holding forth and the utter devastation of Japan. My heart can't take it.

    Mind you, a slice of that pie would help. Do you ship to the UK?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dude, I have a feeling it would be sporting a whole new lifeform by the time it arrived. :) I also am not watching the news. I see enough online thank you. Plus the news stations end up aggravating me on top of everything. No thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh...Crap!!! I did it again...Why cant you put your comments at the bottom??....geeesh...anyways...It is a big piece of pie....like i said

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahahahaha! It cracks me up every time, you DOLT. It's not my fault, the template comes that way. I mean I COULD go in and mess some more with the code but who can be bothered? Plus I'd do that and REALLY confuse people.

    ReplyDelete
  17. And that didn't take long at all:
    http://gawker.com/#!5781856/young-woman-thanks-god-for-atheist+killing-tsunami

    ReplyDelete
  18. There you go! I knew they were out there, the crazies. Talking of, I just watched that Oscar nominated documentary "Jesus Camp". Incredulous. Yet not.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that pie chart. There's a berry pie at my house right now that looks just like that, and is an accurate representation of how much I have eaten.

    My brother and his family live in Japan and I'm trying not to be all, "HI. WE ARE NOT FREAKING OUT. HA HA. HOPE YOU ARE WELL. WRITE SOON."

    But I think I sort of am being that way. No wonder he doesn't write back.

    *SIGH*

    ReplyDelete
  20. You know, on the upside, I'm sure if something bad had happened to your family you'd have known by now. I say no news is good news. I'm sure they have a lack of communications going on there. Ugh. Good luck though. Stay calm and when you hear they're fine, eat the rest of that pie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is just dreadful to contemplate the hardships Japanese people are facing... it does not seem right at all for one nation to face such devastation.
    I think you're onto something with Charlie Sheen being to blame.... him and that crockpot Col Gads...the more nonsense they spew, the angrier the gods are getting. Might I suggest we sacrifice them as a peace offering?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeah damn Col Gads too and his dictatory ass. The world's in a shambles. What's next?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've seen a TON of pie charts and this is by far the best one!!!
    Yes, Japan is certainly in the middle of the perfect shit storm. What's next? Fuji will have a major eruption?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Let's hope it's the end of nature's wrath for a while. The last couple of years have been crazy. Hope you Californians and other North American westies are not in danger.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You certainly summed up and put into perspective the incredible sadness that is now Japan. Those poor people ...He who shall not be named is definitely behind this in some way.

    As for satan, he can have the pie. I want the cookies and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cookies and chocolate are ok too. Pie and cake though are top. You'll just have to take my word for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bloody awful what's happening out in Japan - too hideous to contemplate.

    ...and Charlie Sheen has a lot to answer for that's all I can say...

    Oh and well done you on your pie chart...very impressive...must have taken you ages...

    ReplyDelete
  28. When the world is a shitfight, the answer is pie and more pie. Especially if it's a custard fart, which your pie chart appears to be. Custard farts are like a little piece of heaven fell into your mouth. The cool pie filled heaven that is, not the batshit crazy screw the heathens nutter filled heaven that always comes out in times like these.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh man in the midst of my custard fart mental orgasm brain I think I just anonymoused you. So sorry. I blame the pie.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm a bit disappointed, I thought you had resolved to call them 'cake charts'.

    Japan per capita has had the world's worst luck with nuclear events.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lottie: Certainly is terrible. Pie makes everything better though.

    Rusty: No, dude I got it. Anonymous comments automatically delete. So you're good. :) All that custard pie thing really did a number on you, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Eric: And quakes. Yikes. You're right about pie though. I'm not sure it would help Japan right now, however.

    ReplyDelete
  33. You show a pie, but failed to mention today is pie day 3.14...and everyone should have pie today.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ah but someone mentioned it in a comment earlier so I now KNOW and feel vindicated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I guess it all depends on the pie really...

    ReplyDelete
  36. I don't understand the people who feel they have to say mean things about the quake victims. Like it makes them cool. Not cool.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh, Veg, you are so funny. Love the pie chart...and any madness is possible where Charlie Sheen is concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Libby: Me neither. Assholes. Someone always has to be a fuckhead though. You're a news lady you know this! Are you covering quake stuff?

    Eva: Pie is always necessary though. Someone said that is a custard pie and I like custard but I prefer thinking of it as a lemon pie. Without the meringue.

    Tennyson: Tenny babeh! Haha, you fell for the comment snafu. :) Hi though!

    ReplyDelete
  39. That pie chart makes me very hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Me too, if only it were a real pie in my fridge right now. Sadly, it is not. :(

    ReplyDelete
  41. Is the pie in honor of Pi day? Today is 3-14 no?

    ReplyDelete
  42. Welcome to the pi party, Mrs. B. :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. What kind of pie is that? Lemon? I'd like a slice. Or the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh...almost forgot. Years ago I had a picture of me and a friend pretening to be buffalo (don't ask). Some guy saw the picture and accused me of being a Satin worshiper. I told him I preferred silk but I'd look in to Satin for sheets and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Disasterous: I like to hope it's lemon but I got the picture online so you know...it can be anything you want! Also satin is much more fun than Satan and more luxurious. And less hot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. When I win my PulitzerNobelBookerAcademy prize, I will be thanking you, Assassin.

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  47. I feel I need to tell you that my pee is the exact same color as the pie you have not eaten. And no, I'm not sucking on highlighters. I don't think.

    ReplyDelete
  48. When I saw the mention of 'Satan and pie' I felt sure that it was your write up about Alabama. I'm disappointed, frankly. However, you redeemed yourself with your pie chart :)

    Japan is suffering some heavy shit right now. It doesn't really seem fair does it?

    ReplyDelete
  49. Sarah: Well I just hope you're wearing something fabulous when you do. What am I saying, of course you will be. :)

    Elly: Thanks for that, man. That's reassuring to know. Is it all those pre-natal vitamins or what?

    Wylye: Damn, I lost a chance there. When you see me mention banjos and guns I'll be talking about Alabama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Blogger is obviously blind, deaf, and dumb.

    My father is clearly Saten.

    And I'm pretty sure he doesn't blog. His signature looks like this: X

    X stands for Jimbo.

    ReplyDelete
  51. So the solution to the problem in Japan is to stay indoors with the windows closed... where's there's probably no electricity, running water or food... Holeee fugg...

    ReplyDelete
  52. I don't know if that's like.. a Kanadia thing, but what's saten? I've tried reading it out loud with different ways of pronouncing it and I still don't get it.

    And how does it relate to Charlie Sheen, which btw, I have no idea what he's done nor do I care, but all over blogs and the entertainment NEWS, there's Charlie Sheen.

    This is way too confusing for me before breakfast AND lunch, I'll blame you if I only get dinner today!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Ms. OWO: Maybe it was meant for your dad then? :) And he spelled it differently to be KEWL?

    Cap'n: Yep. It's a bunch of fuckery no matter how you roll it, really. Indoors, outdoors, it all wants to kill them!

    Wynn: Dude, seriously? No of course it's not serious, you're messing with my head again. Trickster!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Your pie chart made me laugh out loud. My kid wanted to know what's so funny, so I showed her while laughing so hard I could barely speak and she just stared at me.

    And stared at me.

    And stared at me some more.

    Great. Now my kid thinks I'm an idiot. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Dude, she had to find out sooner or later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  56. I swear I had "fuckery" on wv once, or maybe it was "fukery". I'm thinking Sheen has a hand in THAT.

    My kids already know I'm an idiot. I cleared that up day one just so there wouldn't be any confusion or tell-all books down the road.

    Off to buy the kids Kool-Aid now.
    Because I'm THAT kind of mom also.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I think the internet tried to bend me over the table because just after my stupid comment I posted another, telling you that I am in fact stupid (or at least lagging like an old school computer at times) and that I totally get it.

    Buuuut, internet thought it should take the chance to embarrass me. Thank you, internet.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Chef: Oh please, let them have the Kool Aid. Just you know...no cyanide. :)

    Wynn: The Internetz are a bitch. Show it who's boss!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Wait wait wait. It was steak and blow job day? As in, steak day, and blow job day? Or was it really steak AND blow job day? Cuz that's just too much. Seriously. When is "husband scrubs the bathroom and takes the kids out all afternoon" day?

    And, a bloggy friend posted this to help people in Japan: http://likeabirdie.blogspot.com/2011/03/socks-for-japan.html

    ReplyDelete
  60. It is in fact Steak & Blowjob Day. Not that I know why dudes need steak day becuse they can eat steak anytime!

    I totally forgot about that day, and obviously so did bf. No loss. Hm..

    ReplyDelete
  61. Ladies, I hope you enjoyed your uh. Steak. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I've spent an inordinately long time trying to identify that pie. I'm going with no-bake lemon pie. The top is too damn smooth!

    ReplyDelete

Here's the What What

So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...