Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Head Would Like An Off Switch

Thursday, January 20th, 2011 – cross-eyed with the tired, hunchy, sniffly - kill me now

I always think there are two occasions you should never attempt to post a blog entry.  One would be when you’re rubber-faced drunk and two, when you’ve had no sleep whatsoever and are nine different kinds of delirious.

Oops!

You know how sometimes you toss and turn and don’t sleep at all?  I mean hardly a single wink, let alone forty of the suckers?  Then when you wake up you feel like you’re in some sort of parallel reality where things look normal but you feel like there’s a wood sprite in combat boots dancing around in your skull and you can’t quite focus properly on things?  And you have to read sentences about six times before they make sense?  And when you look in the mirror you see some hybrid, heinous, hell-spawn of a zombie and Tara Reid, the morning after a marathon orgy of cheap champagne and penises? 

That’s sort of how I look right now.   I’m all stuffed up and my sinuses sound like they’re crying.  I ran out of congestion pills yesterday and forgot to buy more so now I feel like someone got inside my head pumped it full of air with a big pair of bellows.  

On the upside, I bet that’s the only time you’ll see bellows mentioned in a blog entry today.  Go me and my uniqueness!

So I consoled myself by pouring a big glass of ginger ale even though it’s only 6am.  You see, ginger ale is my bitch.  It eases all ills.  I look forward to it.  And since I weaned myself, kicking and screaming, off of aspartame, I will drool on my own chest thinking about sweet Canada Dry instead.  I really want coffee but any hope of an hour’s sweet napping will be blasted to kingdom come if I get near that. 

I hear some people like to start the day with tea but despite my British roots I never saw the appeal in it myself.

Not that this is surprising.  There are a lot of things I don’t understand the appeal of - digital photo frames, line dancing, Twitter, Nicolas Cage…  I could spend an entire week listing things people like that I just don’t understand. But instead I’ll just suck down this glass of golden nirvana and try not to plan any murders.

33 comments:

  1. It must be the day for it. I've got a screaming uterus and feel wretched in the way that only a truck load of drugs, or a gun to the head would solve.

    My sympathies. Sleep deprivation sucks big time.

    I'm going out to the shops for more drugs. Want anything while I'm out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The appeal of Twitter: I get to write one liners about penises and vaginas all day long. Without the pressures of blog post editing etc.

    Hope you feel better soon, Veg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor little snowflake - did you not receive my memo re my Secret History of Bellows post that I'm about to publish?

    I don't get Nic Cage either.
    Also overrated:
    Angelina Jolie
    Big mouth girl from Glee
    Britney Nutjob Spears
    That kid with that stupid haircut


    You know who's seriously UNDERrated? Janeane Garofolo. I have a major girl crush on Janeane.

    Hope your sinuses feel better. Hope you get some sleep. Hope you enjoy my bellows article. Hope you enter my awesome giveaway. Seriously.

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WILL work "Bellows" into my blog post today. Some way. Some how. And not just 'cause I didn't sleep either. But it's not my face that's leaking. I ate Ethiopian for dinner last night. And drank beer. I think that says it all. Let's cuddle and watch old episodes of Flight of the Conchords, k?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the penis.

    You bring the cheap champagne.

    Or Ginger Ale, whatever. I'm flexible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like an occasional glass of ginger ale, too! Sorry you are feeling miserable. Hope your head clears up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh look at that.

    A Ginger drinking Ginger.

    Get well soon.

    Or die.

    It's your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really didn't need that picture so soon after breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah yes, what better way than to start my day with a photo of Tara and a mention of bellows.

    For some strange reason, the two go together in my depraved mind.

    Fell better soon my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sinuses try to get me at LEAST once a month.

    I dive bomb them with herbs and Tylenol Sinus.

    Steam is your best friend right now. Boil some water and throw some eucalyptus in there and walk around with that pot all day...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry you aren't feeling great. I hate waking up tired, and when you are stuffy it is even worse.

    I don't understand the ginger ale thing, but one should never start their day with coffee, no I don't understand that.

    Also, no one gets Twitter. It is something you do because it is there.

    Feel better !

    ReplyDelete
  12. As a kid growing up (in Western New York) all I ever wanted when I was sick was Canada Dry Ginger Ale. It's magical properties know no boundaries. I even requested it at the hospital when I had my tonsils out. The nurses thought I was crazy, but they gave it to me anyways. It's the least they could do after sticking a thermometer in my butt...those bitches!
    Hope you feel better soon, Veg~
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love ginger ale. Especially when it's really really cold! It rocks socks.

    Hope you feel better. Today is National Cheddar Lovers Day. So rejoice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's where you should cue the annoying relatives, calling and never hanging up.

    I can't recall if I've ever had ginger ale or not. I should have. But I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE me some ginger ale...Hope you get better soon... stay away from sharp objects. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Roses: Yes please my good buddy. Drugs, Chocolate and more ginger ale please. And some guilty pleasure magazines full of glossy pages and perfume ads. Merci! :)

    Ms. OWO: OF COURSE! One needs and outlet for vagina and penis speak. How silly of me! Pfft.

    Sarah: I am a poor snowflake, yes. Please heap sympathy on me and my headache that's happening from the oxygen starvation. Woe is me. Dude, that big mouth girl from "Glee" really pisses me off. She's asking for a punching. I wonder if Janeane's available for hire for that?

    Elly: YOU WILL NOT. I bet you would. And cuddle up on the couch with me and your leaky bum? You'll have to wait till I get my hazard suit back from the cleaner. :)

    Moooooog: Oh dear. I appear to be speechless. No wait, I'm not. You have a penis and you're flexible. You need to get Tara's number ASAP!

    Eva: It cures all. Well except sinuses. But it tastes good while it isn't curing them so that's something.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ed: Up yours, hoser! :) I'm on the blonde/strawberry side of ginger. OK I see that didn't really help my case at all.

    Beck: Well let it be a lesson to you. For what I don't know. But she has to be a cautionary tale for someone and you seem like a candidate. Hee!

    Skypop: Tara and bellows. Interesting. I don't even want to let my mind wander into that unchartered territoriy. Too traumatic. :)

    Just Me: Stupid sinuses. Mine are constantly inflamed if I don't medicate them too. Ugh. I keep the pseudoephedrine business going. The pharmacy probably thinks I'm cooking meth.

    Penny: One needs to find an appreciation for Ginger Ale young lady or one is not doing it right. I have it on good authority...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet Cheeks: See? It is magical isn't it? I love it because I love fizz and I find most sodas too sweet and since I've kicked my beloved Diet sodas it's the perfect middle man. I have a glass a day. It's beautiful. I realize now how sad that statement was, I do apologize.

    Kissymanda: YES! You stated the cardinal rule. Must. Be. ICY. COLD. And WTF? National Cheddar Day? And no one at all told me this except you? SHAME ON THEM. Cheddar is my middle name, damn it. Thank you!

    Wynn: I think my headache is affecting my ability to judge what the HELL you are talking about woman? Does that feel good, confusing a sick person? HUH? :)

    Eman: I'll do my best, dude. But depends how stabby I feel later when people start destroying my buzz.

    ReplyDelete
  19. ginger ale with crushed ice and a bendy straw takes the edge of any discomfort.

    ReplyDelete
  20. And...I just happen to HAVE bendy straws too. You know what's even better than ginger ale though? CRANBERRY ginger ale. YES!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What, you mean there's some state of reality where there *isn't* a wood sprite prancing around you????!!!

    Oh and much as I love tea, it's completely pointless in the morning. I mean, you need something to wake you up. I won't get out of bed for less than eight espressos and three Dairy Milks. None of this effete tea stuff.

    Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes there is! Really. Sometimes...

    I'm a tea hater. I don't get the appeal of it at all. Except sweet iced tea which I like a LOT. I'm a coffee person for sure. And talking of Dairy Milk you can now get giant Cadbury chocolate buttons in Canada. WOO!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The only time I ever drank ginger ale growing up was when I was nauseas. As a result, I now absolutely hate ginger ale with a passion. I have the very same tired affliction you describe right now so I won't attempt a Tara Reid joke. I'll just say drunken crust stink whore and allow you to draw your own conclusions.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That about sums her up succinctly anyway. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. for some reason the most important thing i took away from this blog post is that tara reid likes cheap penis...
    that's... that's normal, right??

    ReplyDelete
  26. Completely. She's hard to ignore, what with all that cheap penis around.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Genius. Though, of course, I must disagree about drunk blogging -- it usually produces fantastic results that you never regret.

    Digital photo frames never did catch on. Either did the "Fireplace DVD."

    ReplyDelete
  28. You don't like Nick Cage's balding mullet? There is noting sexier in my book...He was really good in "Matchstick Men", "Leaving Las Vegas" and "The Rock"...other than that dumb.

    "How in the name of ZUES"S BUTTHOLE did you get out of your cell!?"

    ReplyDelete
  29. Martini: Yes all my past drunken posts have been marvels of grammar and content. I don't know what I was thinking. :)

    Evil Twin: I want to lick Nic Cage's balding mullet, yes. How wrong of me to malign his awesome like that. I need to be whipped.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ginger Ale is great. And also weird. So do they just crush ginger into club soda? Do they dump a redhead in there?

    so many questions. so few answers.

    I blame the American government. Everyone else does.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Rahul: I hope they don't! I'm no cannibal. I'm going to go examine a can of ginger ale now. For research purposes. Just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  32. tara reid. always breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  33. TOTALLY, Gunny. Breathtaking as in "She will take your breath and suck it right out of your body like some evil drunk demon". I think she might be a succubus because somehow men still want to sex her up.

    Yes, I said "sex her up". I'm from 1978.

    ReplyDelete

Here's the What What

So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...