Anyway, I have to do it because I got all tagged up by Jules to tell you all about ten things that make me happy and since Jules is letting me be a judge on her Blogger Idol video karaoke thingiemabob in the new year due to my Simon Cowellesque scathing cut downs, well basically I’ll do anything for Jules.
But like Meatloaf, I won’t do that.
I always wondered what exactly it was that Meat wouldn’t do? Clearly it wasn’t cheeseburgers.
So yes, ten things that make me happy. Obviously I’m supposed to tag ten of you to do it too but you know me, I’m far too lazy to do that nonsense, therefore, consider yourselves all tagged. Even you, lazybones.
Upwards and onwards.
So ten things that make the Vegetable Assassin happy. Let me see:
1) fluffy clouds, 2) the giggles of adorable, plump little babies, 3) my relationship with Jesus, 4) long walks by the river, 5) the joy on the faces of little children, 6) rainbows, 7) unicorns, 8) Koombaya, 9) Snuggies, 10) loving my neighbour
BAHAHAHAHA! I slay me.
Here’s my real list.
1) Animals make me happy. I get all sappy when I see them. Even the not so pretty ones, like alligators or warthogs. But not bugs. I don’t like bugs. Bugs can all just fuck right off instead of flitting around in my face or lying in wait for me in dark corners or waiting to crawl up my butt if I let down my guard and sleep with no pants on. I’ve mentioned this before I know but it bears repeating. No bugs in the ass.
2) Drinks make me happy. Especially cold drinks. They probably make me happier than food even. There’s nothing as satisfying as a cold, wonderful beverage, even one that doesn’t have alcohol in it, before you go getting the wrong idea. Non alcoholic things I like to drink: skim milk with ice in it (shut up), icy cold Diet Pepsi, orange juice, Irn Bru, limeade, the blood of babies (although truly that’s leaning more towards warm)
3) A deserted beach in summer, smelling the ocean and listening to the waves makes me happy so long as there are no hippies on the beach. Otherwise the sound of me drowning hippies in the waves makes me equally blissful.
I’m kidding, hippies, it’s just that you’re such an easy target with your hemp and your big, fat doobies and your Jesus hair and your Birkenstock sandals and the fact you say stupid ass things like “We need to all just love one another and save the planet” when we could save the planet a whole lot faster by inventing alternative fuel from burning all the hippies.
4) Painting makes me happy. It keeps me stable and serene and this should, in turn, make you happy, because then I’m a nice, balanced, modest, smiley person who isn’t brandishing an axe or swearing at you.
5) Sleeping makes me happy. I don’t do enough of it, but it makes me joyous when I’m so damn tired I just want to melt into the blankets and be asleep before I can even finish my thought.
6) Really weird, unimportant things make me happy, like the other day I got one of those fancy Febreze thingies that are a flickering light on a wooden base with a scented shade so it looks like a candle but like…totally isn’t a candle. It’s a fake candle! It’s a lie, people! Sort of like a pre-op trans-sexual who looks like a lady but still has a penis. And then I sulked because the fake candle was broken and the light wouldn’t come on even after I removed the battery tab thing and then someone with more intelligence than I calmly took it away from me and flicked a switch on the bottom and it worked just fine and I felt like an idiot because it had a switch? Who knew? Clearly not I.
8) Memes sort of make me happy because I can ramble for hours about myself ad nauseum and feel all self-important and awesome. Hi!
9) Music makes me happy. This week I’ve been rediscovering some vintage Aztec Camera, a kick-ass Rilo Kiley playlist and listening to Shirley Bassey’s “The Girl From Tiger Bay”.
10) A clean toilet makes me happy. Last night I cleaned the toilet to within an inch of its existence, then bleached the living shit out of it (literally!) After it was done it was so sparkly I licked all round the rim of it with my tongue, thus depositing germs on it. The toilet I mean not my tongue. Because…the toilet was cleaner….than my tongue?
...I totally did not do that.
OK so it wasn’t a great meme but it’s 7 am, people, you shouldn’t expect miracles.
1) fluffy clouds, (Hmm, fair enough) 2) the giggles of adorable, plump little babies (???!! okaaaaay), 3) my relationship with Jesus (no waaaay in hell!!!)...
ReplyDelete... and then the penny dropped. And Ive never been so relieved. :)
Bahaha! Well it IS pretty early, miss Dude. Here anyway. Did you think you'd entered the Twilight Zone?
ReplyDelete11. Reading your blog makes me happy. Teehee. Burn, hippies, burn
ReplyDeleteYou like Aztec Camera? Respect
UG: I am a vessel of all things tasteful. I mean obviously. :) And thanks.
ReplyDeleteThings I learned from you today:
ReplyDelete1. Koombaya does not make you happy which makes me sad.
2. You are balanced and not swearing at me, but you told me to "suck it" at the top so I wonder if you're not balanced.
3. You'll do ANYTHING for me? I'm making a list.
4. I think now I owe YOU money for the 'shout out'.
5. I am praying for you. Well, I'm praying that some Jesus Unicorn doesn't put bugs in your ass as you sleep.
I heart you!
I like hippies because they small of pot and incense. Also, because they won't hit you back.
ReplyDeleteI knew it was all a lie the minute I read "my relationship with Jesus". Because, like any knowledgeable, lapsed Baptist...I know that Jesus isn't the monogamous sort. His spirit feels up everyone. (Snicker. That's punny.)
Yay, Friday!
You drink skim milk with ice in it?
ReplyDeleteClearly, you're a Bond villain, painting beautiful images while hidden away in your mountain lair.
Sorry to out you like that.
What is Irn Bru?!?!??! Veg, I must know! I also must have that painting. It's really not an option. I neeeed it, like medicine.
ReplyDeleteI totally drank milk with ice cubes when I was a kid. Milk needs to be way cold. And I laughed out loud at making alternative fuels by burning hippies.
ReplyDeleteYou had me worried there, for a minute..
ReplyDeleteI love the painting! You do beautiful work!
I always thought that Meatloaf's "...THAT" and Backstreet Boy's "I Want It That Way" are both tiptoeing around the same thing.
ReplyDeleteWhatever that may be. I won't go there.
No, this is a pretty good meme. ESPECIALLY for 7am which isn't even a real time because it's too early. Unless you're doing something awesome like going to the airport for a sweet vacation.
ReplyDeleteI think I like all of your things. I don't know about the Febreze not-a-candle candle because I don't have one but it looks nice.
Under cold drinks I was quite surprised the words "DIET PEPSI" didnt make their appearance until the end.
ReplyDeleteThe painting: fantastic.
Animals, sleeping, cold drinks and deserted beaches... Yay!
ReplyDeleteAlso, that exact scene with the candle could have played out at my house, complete with sulking.
I think we have most of these things in common except for painting. I suck at it.
ReplyDeleteI'm confused.
ReplyDeleteYour fake candle has a penis?
Now I have an Aztec Camera song from the 80's in my head, from a cassette tape I bought in middle school. "I hear your footsteps on the street, won't be long before we meet..."
ReplyDeleteMaybe licking the toilet bowl is what Meatloaf wouldn't do for love.
I'm with you on the ocean and painting. Whoa, you could paint the ocean and beach...
ReplyDeleteI have no voice today. Nope. Gone. I'm a mute. A big effing thank you goes out to my niece for getting me sick.
ReplyDeleteJoy.
Anyway.
I've been a pain in the neck grumpy bitch all damn day. 'Til now.
A delightfully wicked image of a nasty bug rubbing its evil little hands together and cackling in Chipmunkesque laughter whilst deciding how best to crawl up your ass while you slept just popped into my mind and I couldn't stop laughing.
I'd say I laughed out loud, but as I have no voice it would be a lie. It was silent laughter - big, fat, burly, Oprah's ego-sized silent laughter.
Oh criminy. I feel so much better.
Thanks! I needed that.
Jules: Koombaya makes me crazy because it stays in my head all day although, honestly, I change the words to things like, "Someone's farting my lord, koombayaaaaa!"
ReplyDeleteA Jesus Unicorn. That would push me over the edge.
OWO: You make a good point for the hippy. But a minor one. They still must die. Jesus sounds like my kind of dude after all!
Hunter: It's really the only way to get it cold ENOUGH. Like ice cold only not yet ice, but a little ice is ok, it's just that milk should not be crunchy, just cold and on the VERGE of crunchy. Yes. And no worries, my lair is protected by LASERS and JESUS.
Buffy: THIS might help. But probably won't. I.B. is ONLY the best soft drink on Earth. Educate yourself at once! And yes my paintings are medicinal. Yep.
Jenna: Yes it does need to be way cold. People who drink room temperature milk need to be weeded out and shot. It's a sign of evil.
Eva: Thank you! And sorry for the worry. Jesus hasn't really gotten my soul and I never saw a Unicorn although I did once see a horny horse...
Dog: You might be right? Either way I feel dirty and a little titilated.
JaG: I agree. It's like the middle of the goddamn night really. The Febreeze thing is nice, yes, it smells of Pomegranate, mango and sweet, sweet victory.
Jenny: Well it was actually a ploy to make it seem like I WASN'T addicted to the Diet Pepsi, but I see I failed miserably anyway. Damn! Thank you. About the painting I mean.
Soda: Haha, I sulked for a second to show willing. Then I was all, "I KNEW that!" :)
Beck: Oh come on. You have all those Simon Cowell paintings you did in various media, hanging in that shrine in your attic. Wait...was that supposed to be a secret? Sorry.
Moooooog: Yes. Yes it has a schlong. A long, veiny one with a little eye on the end. Freak!
Steamy: OBLIIIIIIIIIIIIIVIOUS! Shit, I have to go play that now, thanks. And OMG, you might be right about Meatloaf. That's disturbing. Although honestly, I'm pretty sure Meaty WOULD lick the toilet bowl and he'd probably do it for ten cents and a gander at your boobs.
Eric: I could totally do that. I could paint a hippy burnation at the beach. I just invented a word, but I like it!
Cora: No voice? Well... I bet your tonsils are laughing at you from their grave. Sniff. No bugs are getting anywhere near the zip code of my ass. I'm employing an ass bouncer to be sure.
Wait - I'M the freak?
ReplyDeleteYou're the one with a penis candle air freshener thingy.
Dude, in its defense it doesn't have a penis. Nor does it smell like a penis. I don't think. I wouldn't know, being a nun and all. Do penises smell like pomegranates?
ReplyDeleteUhhhh, no offense, but I like the first list better.
ReplyDeleteJesus and Unicorns ROCKS!
Well how about YOU have the first list and ignore the second one and I'll pretend that the first list is REALLY ME. That sounds fun! Koombaya!
ReplyDeleteum, SKIM milk? WITH ice? AND toilet licking imagery? i am breaking up with you. i'll just gather my stuff from your house. including: the painting AND the febreze thingy... mabes some chocolate? i think i bought that last time we were in walmart.
ReplyDeleteThat No 10...if you just go in the neighbors yard you don't actually have to ever clean your toilet...
ReplyDeleteIrn Bru!
ReplyDeletePossibly the greatest thing known to humanity.
I could live off the stuff.
Actually, I have.
Damn, woman. You and I would get along SO well. I'm totally coming to Canada and mind-melding with you. Fair warning.
ReplyDeleteAnd you blog at 7am? Holy shit, I can barely keep my eyes open. Kudos to you, then.
Oh, I know a website where women lick toilet bowl rims with their tongues if you are really interested! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete(It is kind of sad that I really do know where to find this stuff!)
Beckster: You live in a dream world, girlie. You'll take the rotten cucumber and some yogurt and you'll damn well like it.
ReplyDeleteVE: That's the best suggestion I've heard all day! I live in an apartment though...it could get tricky. But I could pee outside their door or something. Make a statement!
Rich: Agreed. Stuff is awesome with lots of ice. Or in an ice cream float. Or anywhere so long as anywhere is in my belly. It also goes great with British chip shop chips.
Inky: What a scary yet wonderful thought! And yes, I do because I find when my brain hasn't quite woken up yet I make more sense. Really. It hasn't had time to wake up into its true crazy yet.
Otin: I just bet you do. You deviant New Yorker you.
you kill me...blood of babies...good lord.
ReplyDeletebut the painting is awesome. you're so talented, obviously!
I must have ice cubes available at all times! Even in the dead of Winter in this hell-forsaken place I have a minimum of three full ice cube trays in the freezer at all times!
ReplyDeleteOh, and what would make me very happy would be receiving a surprise gift of an airstream painting. I'm quite partial to green.
You are the first person I've come across in a long time who knows who Aztec Camera is!!! I tried to find an MP3 (although I haven't looked for it for awhile) of that song by called Oblivious or was it called It's Obvious? Either way I really liked them and the cassette I had in the 80's is long gone. I'm going to check iTunes real quick I get started on your meme assignment. If I find it that will make me very happy indeed.
ReplyDeleteI, Lazybones, have heard the call and am taking your tag to heart. I could stand to think of things that make me happy for a change.
I'm quite glad I chanced upon your blog.Entertaining as hell.
ReplyDeleteCold beverages all the way.
I have an OCD about adding ice also to stuff thats already cold.
Once again, this insight into your psyche is fascinating. If you could drink Irn Bru in your sleep, would you be even happier? Have you ever thought of combining any on the list and seeing just how much happiness a girl can stand?
ReplyDeleteI prefer the blood of babies shaken, not stirred.
ReplyDeleteSarah: The blood of babies is an underrated cocktail (and quite illegal). A bit warm for me though. And bloody. But thank you for the painting compliment, I had no idea you were blind and I apologize. Ha! :)
ReplyDeleteDJ: Uh huh. Well when I stop painting like a demon for my store, maybe I'll one day paint you something. And then you will be sorry.
Lady: Aztec Camera are the bomb and of course I know who they are since they're from my hometown and all (sort of - different suburb) The song you mean is "Oblivious" and you can find a hilariously '80s video for it on YouTube. Or I can send you mp3s of it or the whole album. I'm nice like that.
Aphrodite: Oh you poor thing, just wear a crash helmet and it'll be ok over here. And you're spot on about the ice. NO drink is too cold for ice. Ice is a must. ICE ME UP BABY!
Madame: I'd just mainline Irn Bru if it were an option although I'd miss out on the taste then so maybe not. Every time I go home I just drink a ton of it over ice and mumble orgasmic things to myself. Well I'm sure you understand the I.B. fixation and all. As for combining - I'm not sure my heart can take that amount of happiness.
Miss B Drysdale Winner: Firstly EFF YOU WINNER - :) Secondly, it's nice to have an umbrella in there also. It's not a real cocktail without an umbrella.
A clean toilet makes me very happy too...if only it would stay that way for longer than an hour at most, but that's impossible with a boy in the house!
ReplyDeleteA friend of mine insists on her hubby sitting down to pee as she can't abide splashes...wish my old man would do the same but he says I'm taking the piss ;-)
Nat: I know! We need to clean those things then ban anyone from using them. People need to learn to appreciate the sparkling clean porcelain. I actually get a perverse joy out of those little things you hang over the bowl to turn the water blue. They're so....clean! :)
ReplyDeleteAhhh I have to agree with you on practically everything. Especially:
ReplyDelete1.) Animals make me happy too. I've been working with so many mice lately, I now think the new born pups are cute. I used to think they were hideous because they looked deformed gummy bears with black eyes and a tail.
3.) Any beach scenery makes me happy. I can't wait 'til winter is over.
I nearly believed your first list. Then I saw rainbows, unicorns, and Snugies. I tried really hard not to judge.
P: Haha, what?!?! My whole day is ruined if I don't spot a rainbow or a unicorn or preferably both. When I'm wearing a Snuggie.
ReplyDeleteHahaha. I had believed your first original list until you said "relationship with God". It was then that I knew you were talking bullshit. I might actually do this meme.
ReplyDeleteI share your love of cold beverages and also fake tranny candles. Mostly because I tend to drink a lot of cold beverages, so it helps to have "non fire hazard" lights in the house.
ReplyDeleteSid: It's funny how the thing that reminds people that something might be bullshit is the fact they know I'm a terrible heathen. :)
ReplyDeleteJon: Exactly. Flames and the 'hol don't mix therefore tranny candles are the way to go. I think maybe we've started a new name now. 'Tranny Candles. Come get yours!'
Great painting and I am so happy to read that you didn't lick the toilet. Hmmm....kind of scary that I thought you might.
ReplyDeleteThank you ma'am! No, I wouldn't really do such a nasty thing. Not sober anyway...
ReplyDeleteUm..not at ALL. Nope. Unless there was cake on it, then maybe.
I'm fairly hung over and creating "busy work" in my office (read as scrolling through perezhilton) so it was hard to concentrate on this post. All that I know for sure is that "Run Mom! RUN!!!! Kept running through my head.
ReplyDelete(ps- are the hippies ok if they make wicked hash brownies?)
Aw Kimmie. Trust you to find a POSITIVE about hippies. Back to the drawing board. Sigh.
ReplyDeletehahahahahahaha
ReplyDelete(thank you for not burning my Mother. She really is sweet in a jesus sandal wearing sort of way.)
Well now, that doesn't count because your mom is probably an ORIGINAL hippy and they at least were authentic in their originality and the movement they sprang from. Hippies now are just yuppies who like to dress down and talk about the environment and annoy me.
ReplyDelete