Monday, August 3, 2009

Mean Girls

Sometimes I’m a mean, mean person. And I laugh at things that other people love and I don’t even feel bad about it. Like today, when I found out that Hackers had taken over Twitter, like dirty little cyber pirates aboard an Internet cruise ship, I practically got some champagne and toasted those rogues.

Of course, they hack a damn thing of mine I will castrate them all with rusty gardening shears. That goes without saying.

But I have a feeling we can all survive a day without hearing about the size of people’s poop or the fact they’re cooking boef bourgignon for dinner or seeing Ashton Kutcher’s ass photos of Demi Moore. Or Michael Moore. Or Mandy Moore. Whichever Moore's ass photos he's exploiting today.

Although I'm sure Mandy has a nice ass.

I don’t know about you, but I can’t say anything in 140 characters or less. That’s like saying “Here’s an ice cream cone without the ice cream part” – what’s the point? I’m VERBOSE, people. I will not be cut down to bite sized morsels and thwarted.

Even though you wish I would.

You know what would make Twitter better (apart from someone making it explode in a glorious, bloody mass of pulp and brains and letters and user names)? If you had to haiku everything you posted in a hilarious manner. I might even embrace that concept. I heart haikus. They are wonderful and make me happy in my pants. It could be called “Haikwitter” (no, it couldn’t) or “Twittu”.

Anyway, I have this pleasing image of everyone running around cyberspace today in a giant, panty-wadding panic, unsure of what to do with themselves, or where to find people to talk to. I imagine Facebook is contemplating alcoholism due to sending out five billionty of those fake beverages and poking the ass out of half the world, just to give people something inane to do with their typing fingers.

Ironically, I didn't even know Twitter had gone down (there were no Tweets all over the fucking place to tell me about it, after all!) until I read about it in the UK Sun, which is hilariously ironic in itself, since you're normally more likely to find a giant naked picture of some diseased strumpet's boobs in The Sun than you are details about some actual current event, so kudos to them I guess, for recognizing "news" when it reared up and bit them on the ass.

It’s all pretty funny.

44 comments:

  1. You show a very clear grasp of The Sun’s editorial policy.

    I actually just went over there, and as I scrolled down the page the headline that caught my eye was BRAD LOVES POOL SEX WITH ANGIE – because for some distasteful reason I misread it as BRAD LOVES ORAL SEX WITH ANGIE. All I need to know now is what pool sex is? I can understand the balls, but the cue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heee! It does sound rather painful... But very accurately sums up The Sun's headline talent. Brad and Angie pool sex always ranks higher than war, economy, politics (unless said politician is naked and rutting a horse or something) and death.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the Twitter. I fail to see the draw (except for when it comes to making lewd tongue-twisters about twitterpated twats a-tweeting, but those really belong elsewhere, don't they...)

    But here's to being verbose and excessive and all kinds of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drink to that, Inky! I don't have a Twitter account. I had to even look up Google images to see what the hell a tweet looked like approximately to make that graphic. :) Verbose is chic, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even know till I read your post. But I'm busy watching old episodes of Martha Stewart Live. Because I'm cool like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Martha is probably way more entertaining than Twitter. I mean most things are really, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trademark that Haiku/Twitter thing immediately! That's genius!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, you'll join my TWITTU? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can see why the Sun would love twitter, seeing as it's spent the last 50 years trying to fit an entire sentence into 20 80pt characters.

    The headline writers probably think twitter *is* verbose.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm so freakin bad at haiku. it's not even funny. well, maybe a little funny. you're just gonna take em all down, eh? followers, goooogle and now twitter? POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

    you should really try twitter. it's SO cool! "pussy fart" classic. "LOL" the next big thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Squirrel: You make a very good point. I mean some Tweets might have words consisting of more than three syllables! And they don't all mention boobs!

    Becky: Even non funny haikus are funny. And I've heard that about LOL. It's the new hip thing the kids are saying. If "new" and "hip" mean "2002". Ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't twitter and have never read a tweet because I'm not a twat.

    That's what they're called, right? Twats? It sounds about right.

    But anyway....

    Y'know, it slowed down my facebook this morning, damn it all, like a snail in superglue. I was displeased. Very displeased. So I, naturally, went crying to ebay and scored myself some delightful crap. Wheeee!

    What was my point? Hell if I know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you write
    Twittu is a pretty name
    I want some ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Possibly something about you having a life? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha, yah for Jules and haikus. Here's one for you:

    Jules leaves great haiku
    Possibly because she rocks
    If she is a girl...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol @twittu!

    I have twitter and it is pretty boring, its hard enough keeping up with blogs.

    I hope it collapses. Speaking of hackers, do you remember a couple years ago some people hacked into the national epilepsy site and programmed it to blink and flash rapidly! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do not remember that but despite it being the MEANEST THING EVER, it made me laugh hearing about it now! You have to admire some people's ingenuity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Here is something LiLu posted that made me laugh until I stopped.

    Twitter whore

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh god, how did I MISS that. That is AWESOME. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha, I thought you'd like it (apologies if anyone has already seen it). LiLu finds the great stuff sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I used to love Twitter. Now I'm going to get all "it was good until it got all commercial" but it's true. It's been over a month since I last Tweeted, and I don't miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Twitter makes me sick more than haikus do!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Make Twittu happen
    I would join in a heartbeat
    I heart you Veggie

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
    I miscounted syllables
    Going to pout now.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It looks right to me, miss. Although I did laugh at your vexed-ness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't even understand what the big fuckin deal with twitter is.. its bad enough I do facebook.. I have never twittered, never will - they say never say never cuz you never know.. well, I am saying never - take that twitter!! haha- most of my comments don't make sense do they? they sound funny in my head but they come out sounding all moronish.. I should be banned from writing comments..

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Sun is actually going upmarket. Some of the girls who expose their boobs have A-levels, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOL

    You know, both Twitter and Facebook were down at the same time yesterday. I felt so lost without them...(laugh, veggie, laugh!)...and I was so bored at work, you don't even know...!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey look at that! I must have remembered it wrong.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  30. This wins the entire internet. Not just part, oh no. The internets now belong to you. I read this post and peed with joy. I think I shall celebrate tonight in some creative sexual way with my boyfriend tonight. :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hahaha Jami! You are crazy. But I'm all in favour of your celebration. I like to be the reason for crazy, fabulous sex. Don't injure yourself though.

    Now, what am I going to do with my Internets...

    ReplyDelete
  32. CDP: We're glad you came back from the darkside, dude. :)

    God: Haikus are the sign of CLASS. CLASS! Heathen. (see what I did there?)

    Rookie: I know, I do neither of them because I already manage to waste enough of my time doing inane meaningless things.

    GB: Wow, really? :) Educated boobies! What's next, politician boobies? (please no)

    Lopez: They were? That's awesome. No wonder no one was updating blogs yesterday. Everyone was at the doctor having palpitations.

    Soda; Hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. HA HAHA. i'm pretty glad i found you. i'm mean too.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ha, well I'm happy you did, J. Sometimes it's necessary to be mean. And enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I agree with everyone that Twitter sucks. But I really kind of wish it didn't, because a 140 character limit is where I can thrive. If I have to write more than a paragraph, I guarantee you the rest is filler. You can verify this by reading my blog. And by how this comment is petering out at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Man, 90% of mine is filler. I still can't do it in 140 characters or less though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think Twitter blows
    Twittu on the other hand
    Veggie 'Sassin rocks

    ReplyDelete
  38. Jenny: Hahaha, haiku queen. Nice fit on the last line there. Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm a mean girl too. That is all. I'm tired. The end. Stop reading. Go.

    ReplyDelete
  40. ...We're a lot a like, you and I. I love haikus, I think my aim for facebook will be to make every status I write a haiku from now on. See, you're an inspiration LOL

    ReplyDelete
  41. Suze: Cranky ho! :)

    Juan: See, that would ALMOST make Facebook cool! Do it.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh good grief you didn't spell out the entire word in your twitter thingie. I cried when I read that. That's just dreadful.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Exactly! It was accurate of a Twat, no? I mean tweet. If I actually HAD a Twitter account I'd be as obnoxious as possible. :) People who don't spell out words need my knee in their groinal region.

    I made up "groinal" - it sounds dirty!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Twitter in Haiku's?
    Thoughtful, Creative, and new.
    Let's hear more from you.

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your rhythm stick.

Here's the What What

So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...