Or was that you all logging out? You fuckers.
Anyway, the delightfully perky miss Cora - I don’t know how she maintains her perk really as I am a bubbling pit of growls before about 2pm and she’s all sweetness and light because she’s flying high on the fumes of love and crystal meth (or something) – tagged me to do this meme where I have to list seven traits about myself that are evident in my blog. I’m still trying to decide what that even means, but you know me – not knowing anything worth a damn on a subject never stopped me from actually doing it. As if!
So here you have it. Seven blog traits about me.
1) Well let’s address the elephant in the room shall we? I like to swear. I like to swear a goddamn lot. Some of you will remember that a while back I tried to cut back on the swearing. I tried to save those special words for special occasions where they would be effective and cutting and have just the right amount of spice. That worked for oh….five days or so before I thought, “Fuck this shit!” and decided that in my life, swearing was a necessary decoy to me killing things and the world should just thank me for it.
2) I am a touch paranoid. I think the whole insect world is out to get me by either infiltrating my food or plotting to stage a coup by entering my body through my ass. I admit it, I’m a freak.
3) I’m fairly creative. Mainly when it comes to describing things “that mosquito was the size of a fucking dinosaur!” ( actual: that mosquito was maybe the diameter of a dime but it was really quite frightening and I have to justify me running around flailing my arms like a windmill) but also physically. For example, I post my paintings because I am insecure and need validation and confirmation that I am the greatest human who ever lived.
4) I’m a bit grouchy if it’s before noon. I don’t feel I have to defend this, it’s merely that I am normal while people who are full of joy in the mornings are on drugs. Just say no, kids. This is also why, if you say something nice to me before noon I might reply, "Go die in a fire."
5) I’m an insomniac. That’s why I’m constantly posting entries at 4 am and leaving people comments at ungodly hours, that make no sense. Some may argue that comments I leave at 3 in the afternoon make equally little sense, but to that I say, “screw you, hippie”.
6) I have an unnatural devotion to pie charts and flow charts. To be fair though, I’ve done fairly few lately. I used to be all about the charts. Then I hit rock bottom and did a Venn Diagram one time and everything just fell apart after that. I’ve been through chart rehab and it won’t happen again.
I’m supposed to now tag a bunch of people to do this but you all know me by now, I’m far too lazy to pick people out so I say you all just do it and knock yourselves out.
I HATE Venn Diagrams. Hate them, hate, hate them. Brings back memories of high school maths.
ReplyDeleteYou're sarcastic? Really? You?
I know, I don't believe it either. I think someone's messing with me.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, Venn Diagrams are stupid. Pie charts are much more interesting. Well maybe not MUCH. A bit.
If loving Venn Diagrams is wrong, then I don't want to be right! and you can suck it if you don't like MY fabulous Venn Diagrams. (I don't actually know which "it" I am referring to, so take your pick.)
ReplyDeleteWell yours are at least JUICY! :) Regular Venn's are pretty useless. Visions of bad arithmetic classes past.
ReplyDelete"...plotting to stage a coup by entering my body through my ass"
ReplyDeletei just peed a little when I read that. Funniest thing of the week.
You know what though? It's less funny when you're actually imagining it. Stupid bugs. This is why you must never sleep naked, Angie.
ReplyDeleteI like your charts. You do nice charts. You're so charty!
ReplyDeleteLook! I used "You're" right!
signed,
fellow insomniac...
Why thank you Mrs. E! Charty is my middle name. Charty and AWESOME. :)
ReplyDeleteThat was one of your best posts lately! Of course, those of us who've been here for a while didn't learn anything new about you, but it was nice to have all your best qualities listed in one spot!
ReplyDeleteWhy thank you miss Eva. That was the point of the meme I think, to list your blog traits, of which everyone is already blatantly aware. But I like to repeat myself. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm usually up at 3am, but writing away in Word, not blog reading. And watching movies. Been that way going on 20 years now. Which is probably why I hate mornings. That and no human being should have to get up at Fam for work. It's not right. I love that you swear and wish more people would fucking do it, too.
ReplyDeleteHey, if I knock myself out, I won't be conscious to do this meme. What a fantastic idea!!
ReplyDeleteJoshua: Swearing is like breathing. Good for you and prevents heart attacks. :) Also, I will never be a morning person. I like to sit and drink my coffee and frown for a few hours before I deal with people.
ReplyDeleteHey Becks. I bet even unconscious you'll still be a sarcastic bint, though!
ReplyDeleteHave you found that it's rare when a woman is proud to be a consummate swearist? Thanks for being another woman on the intarwebz who enjoys it as much as I do.
ReplyDeleteSometimes I feel like when I'm around women who don't swear (read: most of them) and I drop an f-bomb, they're thinking, "Oh, a kitten just died. Shame on her!"
Yes it's very unbecoming for a lady isn't it? :) In real life I don't swear THAT much, but I don't mind dropping a few either. It has its place. Plus you can't blog and not swear. It's unconstitutional or something.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you and Jennifer about the swearing. I've tried 12 step programs and everything but nothing works. So fuck it.
ReplyDeleteAgreed. They're words, let's use the fuck out of them, Peachy.
ReplyDeleteTotally NOT paranoia on the insect thing. They hate you. They hate all of us. If they didn't why would they have all those legs?
ReplyDeleteI'm not motherfucking doing your stupid asshole meme. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!
ReplyDeleteOh wait, I forgot you didn't try to make me. Neato.
You see, dude, this makes perfect sense to me. They have all those legs so they can SCOOT UP YOUR ASS FASTER.
ReplyDeleteJaG: Making you swear is the next best thing though, man. Well done. :)
ReplyDeleteHahaha! Guarding your holes with dynamite? Is this to compensate for your ladylike inability to belch?
ReplyDeleteI never thought of that! But you might be right. If anything can produce a belch it would be dynamite I guess.
ReplyDeleteThat Venn Diagram shit totally caused me much pain and anxiety in high school.
ReplyDeletefuck
"that mosquito was the size of a fucking dinosaur!” illustrates exactly why I love you. In fact, when your new post comes up on my reader I feel a little tingle of excitement and then in celebration rush off and slaughter insects left, right and centre, a bloodfest of unalloyed jubilation.
ReplyDeleteCandy: I know! Screw those things. In fact, screw math things.
ReplyDeleteMo: And that tingle of excitement is immediately followed by a crushing disappointment of epic proportions that makes you cry? I know. I live with it every day.
I fucking love your dirty little mouth. And bug infested ass. But that might be a topic for a different venue.
ReplyDeleteDude, shhh. I thought we agreed that thing with the centipede and my ass would never be repeated!
ReplyDeleteDude, did you have to post that photo of that Seriously Bloody Scary Insect from Hell??
ReplyDeleteI keep looking behind me to check I'm not about to be pounced on by Godzilla-Dragonfly or whatever it is.
You'll be ok, man, just PROTECT YOUR HOLES!!!!
ReplyDeleteI think it's safe to say we all love your a$$ and don't want bugs there. And another thing, I hate Vin Diesel and his stupid diagrams and thought he exhibited poor acting skills in 'XXX'.
ReplyDeleteI guess, in Vin Deisel's favour, he at least didn't exhibit poor judgment skills by WATCHING "XXX". :) Unlike SOME people around here, Tex.
ReplyDeleteAre you really paranoid if the bugs 'are' out to get you?? Bugs are evil and must die but spiders are worse. When we lived in Darwin it was creepy crawly central, they ruled the streets, hung out in gangs and were not adverse to staging home invasions when you least expected it. But the spiders. OMFG! Big and aggressive arseholes. I would empty a whole can of bug spray on them and they would keep coming at me. I would throw huge dictionaries on them and I swear I could see them still inching forward. Flame throwers and an A bomb couldn't kill those bastards. My husband still thinks I'm nuts but I swear they lie in wait for me and have some sort of twitter stalker thing going on monitoring my movements to be everywhere I am. Bastards.
ReplyDeleteOh and you sarcastic??? I never picked it though that big gold crown with Queen of Sarcasm written on it was a bit of a give away.
boy you've got problems! thanks for making ME feel much better about MESELF! HA!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you gave up on cleaning up your fucking language. The stream of profanity is one of your many charms. More paintings!
ReplyDeletei'm a fan of swearing, too, and often forget that people sometimes get offended by it...oh well. fuck them. :)
ReplyDeleteI love to swear too, but that's where the similarities end because I can't make a fucking pie chart to save my damn life.
ReplyDeleteI too never sleep.
ReplyDeleteIt's a sign of genius.
I'm pretty sure the whole "who put a bug up your butt" thing is a metaphor. I don't think it ever really happens, at all ever. But there's also the greater implied lesson: if that bug made it up there...he had help.
ReplyDeleteThey can't manage that passage unaided. I'm almost 90% sure!
OK, I have to think about something else now. The more I try to reassure yours, the more I undermine my own.
Rusty: I have no problem with spiders, oddly enough. I figure they're not nearly as creepy as most bugs and would have the sense to stay out of my butt. Except poisonous ones, I don't want those anywhere near me. Your fancy Australian spiders, for example? No.
ReplyDeleteSarah: ANYTIME!
CDP: I GAVE YOU SWEET PAINTINGS FOUR DAYS AGO, WOMAN! :)
Aladdin: Really they're just words. Words that make you feel good to say. No one can argue wiht that!
Miss Y: But can you make a PIE? Because screw pie charts, when there's actual pie around.
Ed: Now it all makes snese. Thanks!
Dog: I'm pretty sure no bug is going to want to climb up a smelly butt but my butt is clean like an operating room therefore, bugs are queueing to get in. I suspect. OK I have no proof but I just KNOW man. I just know.
I like to swear, I'm an insomniac, and I love charts. So you're all good with me!
ReplyDeleteWait, are you secretly my hubby???????
ReplyDeleteSwearing is the spice of life.
ReplyDeleteNo, wait...that's pie charts.
You guard your holes with dynamite?
ReplyDeleteThat's standard, right, when you say 'I do?'
I'm probably the worst at swearing, but I do love it so. I learned from the fucking best, mate, my dad owns a construction company and his best friend, my uncle, is a sailor.
ReplyDeleteAlso, "Go die in a fire" was just the thing I was looking for to tell my boss the next time he sticks his nose in my cube.
I posted a Venn diagram once. Ugly and hand-drawn in all its glory.
ReplyDeleteYour no more swearing post was one of the first I read. Glad you failed. ;)
Fuck yeah! I'm never giving up swearing!
ReplyDeleteAlso I heart you and will validate the shit out of you, my dear Veggie, whenever you like, because you are pretty great.
ReplyDeleteOh god, I love diagrams, pie charts and pies. LOVE THEM!
ReplyDeleteAlmost as much as I love this quote of yours: "Go die in a fire." I mean, that really says it all. Brill!
And is it weird that I kinda wanna ride that bug?
Words: Well, that's all that matters really.
ReplyDeleteJules: Yes. Yes I am. Behold my penis.
Ms. OWO: Pie charts and well...pie.
Moooooog: Dynamite is a multipurpose explosive. It will deter the most ardent fans from your holes.
Jenna: I dare you. I dare you to say, "hey boss? Go die in a fire!" How much DO you get for unemployment these days?
Hunter: Well if you're going to do a Venn it might as well be hand drawn and AUTHENTIC. I have no idea what that means but just nod knowingly as though you do.
Soda: You missed a bit at the back. Jeeze woman, if you're going to polish my ego do it RIGHT.
Buffy: Aw dude no. No riding giant bugs with flitty buzzing wings. No. It would be too distressing. It might eat you.
Damn. YOU ARE HUBBY!!!!!
ReplyDelete*sad sigh*
ReplyDeleteSorry I'm late to this party. I have been mighty freaky busy this week selling the most ridiculous crap on ebay. Hence bloggy time went spiraling down the loo. Like poo. Boo hoo hoo.
(ahem.)
Anyway....
Pie charts just make me hungry. Am I the only one?
sadly we are two peas in a pod. other than the creative thing. i don't do creative. but i should show you my charts sometime!
ReplyDeleteTiny smidgen sarcastic... lol
ReplyDeleteJules: Um. My penis is huge?
ReplyDeleteCora: Not the only one. Anything with pie in it makes me hungry. You should have seen me in math class! :)
Claire: By your "charts" you're totally talking about your boobs aren't you ClaireMMD?
Vodka: I know. It's hard to believe isn't it? I can hear your gasp from here. :)