So yes, it was four days spent drinking long cups of coffee, having two hour breakfasts, lots of naps, sitting in gigantic recliners nursing hot drinks and skidooing like a fiend, through the open fields and hills while cackling maniacally to myself things like, “Yeah baby, I am Evel Knievel!” as I flew over hills and valleys and frozen lakes, terrorizing deer and getting snow burn on my face and snow in my pants.
Which is better than bugs in my pants, as you all know by now.
Ok so maybe the the water right there was about a foot deep but still. That shit is cold.
All in all pretty satisfying. Plus when you’re skidooing alone as I mostly was, you can talk to yourself and guffaw out loud at unlikely things and no one can give you the look. You know the look… I am not the only person who knows the look, people.
Then yesterday, after a gruelling, snowy seven hour drive home, I was greeted at the door by my Google Reader with a frown on its face, yelling, “I am stuffed to the gills with posts, fucker, do you think you could read some blogs before I burst?”
That thing is so damn demanding!
So yes, I am a bit behind with online life, so forgive me that I haven’t read any blogs or done much commenting lately, I am overwhelmed with bloggyness. Do you know how much I ache? I feel like I’ve been body slammed by Mike Tyson. Goddamn skidoos.
So I will get to your blogs in a bit, but there are a lot of them and I am busy as a little fuck therefore, I may be a bit silent on commenting until I am current again, capiche?
Oh jealous, jealous JEALOUS of the skiddoo. Could I get one with a front basket for the dog???
ReplyDeleteHee hee. Nice graphics...
ReplyDeleteMacy: I was just lamenting the same thing the other day - I wanted to put my friend's dog on the back and take her for a ride. :) Would be great.
ReplyDeleteUberG: Yes, I am the graphics queen. Or at least a lady in waiting. Waiting for some talent, presumably.
If queer things were afoot in the woods, I would be in the woods all the damn time. That sounds fabulous.
ReplyDeleteYes, the woods are a virtual glambert of queer. :) Be good now.
ReplyDeleteI've always wanted to ride one of those things. It's on my "To Ride" list next to "man with deep pockets, generous nature, and English accent".
ReplyDeleteGlad you're back-ish. Lovely photos.
Thanks miss dude. You should absolutely ride one if you ever get the chance. Oh, and the skidoo too. HA! :)
ReplyDeleteThose things scare the bejeezus out of me! I've skidooed exactly twice in my life. Both ended with me bleeding in the snow underneath a large piece of metal. You are one wild woman!
ReplyDeleteYou know, Elly, I was pretty sure I would take a few spills and I was ready for it, yet I managed to actually stay on despite its best attempts to dethrone me. I still can't fathom people who do 100 mph on those things. I do 30/40 and think I'm flying. They are pretty dangerous if you don't respect them I think. I'm too chicken to be reckless though. :)
ReplyDeleteThey have jet skis and water skis for snow up there? Whoa...
ReplyDeleteGlad you weren't all suicidey, I was mildly concerned, you know, not enough to post or anything, but...
Yeah, there aren't enough ways to die already what with cougars and moose and ice and avalanches and cold and everything. This is just a much more fun way to do it!
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful pics! And it sounds like you had a great weekend!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun holiday.
ReplyDeleteAnd great pics!
Carissa: Yes it was, thanks!
ReplyDeleteHunter: Fun and tiring and did I mention I ACHE? :) Thank you.
There's a road under there somewhere? That looks like a deeply fun drive :)
ReplyDeleteYou know, that was the GOOD photo. The other was so white you couldn't see ANYTHING so no point posting that! :) And yes, it was fun. Crazy.
ReplyDeletewow, that sunrise is GORGEOUS. i'm never up early enough to see it rise, even if it's at 8:30 in the morning!
ReplyDeletei'll have to tr skidooing sometime- sounds like a blast! but the one time i went ATV riding, i managed to flip mine...so maybe i should avoid skidoos!
Haha, well if it was any earlier I wouldn't be seeing it either. As for skidooing, you'd probably love it. Once you get the hang of it it's fine. It's just that first time thing that gets you. Once you figure out how to steer and turn you're golden. Me, I'd LOVE to try ATVing! Looks AWESOME.
ReplyDeleteHaving run thousands of miles on a machine, good for you! The snow in your pants is a bummer... but glad you had the fun! The world looks completely different from a snow machine!
ReplyDeletebequtiful sunrise!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great time. Would love it if you could find time to read my post from yesterday called the Pleasure Hunt. I think you'd enjoy it.
TLADS: I know, it's fantastic zipping around making snow fly everywhere and narrowly missing wiping out on the hidden bumps. :)
ReplyDeleteEva: I certainly will. I'm working right now (haha, and commenting!) but you can rest assured I will be dropping by later.
oh, pretty and pink...
ReplyDeletesounds like you had a blast! gotta try skidooing sometime...
Slacker! Glad you're back safe and sound, complete with pretty pictures!
ReplyDeleteThat pictures is epic. EPIC.
ReplyDeleteMissed you, lady. You and Steamy both a-been missing for a minute, and I might or might not have neglected my Google Reader in some form of "lacking awesome bloggers" strike.
Also? (Because it just wouldn't be a comment from me if it were less than three paragraphs ... ), I looooove the sunrise pictures. I am in sore need of a sunrise right about now, so thanks for reminding me. :)
I don't care if you don't comment on my site as long as you don't criticize my video. :) haha!
ReplyDeleteI just figured you were working on more water color RV pictures.
ReplyDeleteThose photos!!! Holy Fairfax Jesus Guy they're so fucking gorgeous!!! I want nail polish in every one of those colors. I'd like to dream in those colors tonight.
ReplyDeletePlease and thank you. Skidoo-aroonie.
What fun!
ReplyDeleteNever apologize for tending to the important things in life. Real life comes first, Veg-Ass!
Wait. That. No. Veget-Assa?
I'll stick with V.A..
V.A. Varacus.
I was born and raised in Florida. Three years ago my hillbilly husband clubbed me over the head and dragged me by my hair to rural Appalachia (not really, but it sounds funny). I'd never experienced snow before, so the weather was sort of a novelty to me.
ReplyDeleteThe novelty has worn the fuck off. I. HATE. Snow. The idea of going out and playing in it gives me nightmares. I live in the middle of nowhere, so thinking of finding a good place to sled makes my mind do flip-flops over a potential "Deliverance" encounter with a yokel with his nose covered in Vicodin.
However, skidoo-ing seems reasonable because you don't actually have to get your hands into the icy mess. Something to mention to The Husband, I suppose.
Brian: Seriously, you must. So much fun. Just wear thermal doo dads though...
ReplyDeleteRich: Ha! :) Yeah but I slack in STYLE my man, style.
Inky: Aw you poor darlin'. I am so missable though. As for sunrises, I'd prefer not to see them mostly but sadly it gets light so late at the moment I see more of them than I want to. :)
Otin: Hahaha, hey now, it's constructive criticism. I believe I said you sang too much in tune. That's a COMPLIMENT, dude!
Ed: Well that too. But they're acrylic. No water colour for me. I'm a pro, man. Water colour indeed. Um...I don't mean PROSTITUTE either.
Buffarama: You girlie girl. All that pink is bad for a person. Unless it's in a cocktail, then bring it.
Dog: Yes sir. I stand corrected. I had better things to do than entertain you people. How's that? Hahaha, VA Varacus Veins?
Jen: Well I have to agree, I hate the snow and the cold. I really do. But since I have really no choice in the matter five months a year I thought I'd embrace it. :) Skidooing is a good way to embrace it. So long as you don't get too ballsy on turns and end up buried in it. oops.
Waaaay more fun than sledding. Now if they could just do something about the whole being cold thing...
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't worry too much about "catching up", glad you had a nice break. I love and hate the breaks I occasionally have from the internet.
ReplyDelete"Long" cups of coffee? What, do you mean short and wide cups or tall and thin cups?
I prefer standard size.
Sounds like you had a fab time...great pics!
ReplyDeleteI would love to ride a skidoo! The need for speed. Did some dogsledding in Norway recently but that was s l o w ... can't really blame the poor dogs, having to haul my fat ass!
I want to go to there.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, that sounds like the best vacation ever. Even the snow part. Gorgeous sunrise, too!
As a gesture to your bursting Google Reader, I have not blogged in over a week. You're welcome.
"The Demented Ice Nymphs" would be a great name for a rock band.
ReplyDeleteAnd fun at parties.
Inquire within.
I'm ridiculously behind on blogging too. I'll never catch up.
ReplyDeleteNEVER.
It's so bad it's to the point that Scope updates me on the phone now with all the blogginess I missed that way I know who is worth reading today and who is just serving up time suckage. Heh heh heh.
I love the pictures, Veg. Gorgeous!
It's so early here and I got so little sleep last night that I mis-read skidoo the entire post as something else. It made it very confusing until I realized.
ReplyDeleteFabulous sun rise photos though.
Lana: Yeah the being cold thing is the worst. I don't do cold as a rule. However we were lucky in that the weather hit a nice little warm patch over the weekend (like minus five instead of the usual minus thirty) so I didn't get cold at all really. Plus I was dressed like the michelin man in about three hundred layers so... :) FUN though for sure.
ReplyDeleteMo: Well I more or less meant the kind that just keeps refilling itself for hours. :) Cup after cup of coffee while nibbling on bacon and eggs and chatting to people. Quite nice even for an anti social beast like me.
Nat: I know! It just feels great, I highly recommend it if you like some speed as those things can MOTOR! Dog sledding sounds awesome though. Slower yes, but still fun. Those dogs are amazing I think.
Words: Aw thank you dude. I know you did it out of respect for my hefty reading list on my return. And the vacation was fab even for a snow hater like myself. It's fun if you're warm enough and have an excuse to do something fun in it. Plus the temperatures were nice for a change. All round awesome!
Moooooog: Yes it would! I say you start that band right now. As for the parties, they'd be reckless. Wasted. Flirty and scandalous. Sort of like Lindsay Lohan only you know...not diseased.
Cora: I know, I saw the number of new entries and went "Holy shit there is NO way I'm getting through those today!" I made it through most now but I commented at a minimum or I'd have been there all damn week and I have stuff to do!
Natalie: I hope your version was more juicy at least. :) Although I can't quite think how... Ha!
you take the best pics. suppose it's the photographer or the camera that cause my photos to mostly look like shit?
ReplyDeleteOh the camera DEFINITELY. :)
ReplyDeleteI didn't think those were that good. They're just quick snapshots. I just wanted to show the lovely colours. Awwww!
Dude, I about peed myself a couple of weeks ago when I had to drive downhill in s-n-o-w! I wouldn't survive 5 minutes in Canada!
ReplyDeleteWow, beautiful sunrise pics.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying so hard to keep my comment relevant but I CAN NOT get over Tom Waits swallowed Groundskeeper Willie. It kept me up last night giggling. I'm not kidding, I haven't laughed like that in months.
DJ: Hahaha, you WUSS!
ReplyDeleteSteamy: I'm sorry man. That resolution about laying off the coke isn't going too well then?
Yo yo yo. I'm back too. Admit it: You missed me.
ReplyDeleteum, next time can i come? i am so good at guffawing. i would totally not give you any untoward looks.
ReplyDeleteImaginary: I cried myself to sleep every night. I really did.
ReplyDeleteBecks: Oh absolutely. I would give you something to guffaw about for sure. Probably by landing on my ass in a pile of snow.
OOOOHHH, sounds like you are refreshed and renewed after your little sabatical...
ReplyDeletebitch.
No, I'm kidding...Mee love u long time.
(Scope said that on Sky's Dads blog and It made me giggle hee hee)
Yes I am refreshed and renewed and a touch achey. Yet strangely awesome....: )
ReplyDeleteOkay, you're trip sounds heavenly. A trip where you're forced to disconnect and reconnect with life before electronic gadgets.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the second photo. I can't believe how red/pink the sky is.
Great, now I keep saying "skidoosh!" after reading your post. Try it, it's hilarious.
ReplyDeleteOkay, maybe not. But still.
Ms. B: It really was too. About five minutes after I took it there was no trace of it left and it was daylight. Crazy!
ReplyDeleteMiss Y: I don't know man, I think I might adopt it for when someone's yakking on and you can't deal with it anymore. They're talking and you go "SKIDOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!" and walk off. I'm laughing just thinking of it. But I am a wee bit odd.