Thursday, January 28, 2010

I Give Up

You can all stop asking me now why I haven’t mentioned my Bloggies nomination thing. I’ll tell you why I haven’t. Firstly, I’m not really into the vote trolling thing as I’m shy and I get all bashful and start blushing and hiding behind stuff and itching really badly in my moist areas, and secondly, I didn’t know about it till recently, when Buffy told me she’d voted for me. And I was all delighted even though I had no idea what she was talking about. I just thought she was high, you know?

So basically I didn't really know, because sometimes – and don’t faint here or anything – but sometimes, I’m a little late to the party. And I’m usually a beer short of a six-pack.

Then other people kept emailing me or commenting that they’d voted for me too. And because I wasn’t born yesterday I thought, “What the hell IS this Bloggies thing anyway?” as I’ve been blogging for years and I’d never even heard of it. If it’s not cake or about ways to acquire cake, it’s not really on my radar.

Then I forgot all about it again because I have the attention span of a piece of toast. Until Mr. London Street congratulated me on making the finalists last week sometime. And I thought, “WTF, I’m a finalist at something?”

Because let’s be honest here, I’m usually only ever a finalist in police line-ups.

I’m totally kidding. I’m not a criminal.

You’re not a criminal till you’ve been caught.

Tonight the lovely Miss BeckEye demanded to know why I hadn’t been pimping myself out for votes and I thought, “Hot damn, maybe I need to look into this Bloggies business in case it’s important or something. Maybe it’s expected of you and if you don’t do it you’re a substandard human being?”

So here I am. Asking you to go on over there if you feel like it and maybe vote for me for “Best Canadian Blog” which is my category. I just checked their site for the first time tonight and it seems voting ends on Sunday. I don’t mind if you vote for someone else, I’m totally fine with that. I’m completely secure in my Blog skin, whether you all appreciate my fabulosity or not. I will not have a giant purple-faced tantrum or threaten to kill you or hold your babies ransom or send you poop in the mail or tap your phone if you don't do it.

I might tap your ass though. It’s a fine ass. Don't worry, I'm not hiding in that tree outside your bedroom with my binoculars. Not till the ankle bracelet comes off anyway.

Anyway, I’d like to thank all you people who inexplicably did vote for me to get me this far. Whoever you are, thank you. And say hi or something. And I’ll sew all your lovely photos onto my favourite pyjamas so I can be near you even while I sleep.

Did that just cross the borderline into Creepyville? Well that’s what I’m all about, baby.

I’m going there now to see if any of my peeps are nominated for anything so I can vote the fuck out of that category for you. (I should clarify I mean the Bloggies, not Creepyville, I'm already there.)

You guys…

76 comments:

  1. Ok, ok, ok... If it will stop you from falling out of the tree in my garden I'll pop across and vote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your shy and retiring fabulosity is well and truly appreciated by the universe. I may even be ale to pluck my apathetic arse up off the couch, move my finger three millimetres and press the little vote button, just cause you are so fabulous.

    Now even though the likelihood of me overcoming my 'meh' is high (well higher than me getting off my arse to put my festering socks in the washing machine) you are welcome to my two, 12 and 15 year old babies as I am over motherhood and want a refund. You may be able to use them as barricades against your monster mouse and bug problem. Or you may be able to swap them for something neat on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Done...but it's going to cost you! You have to keep the funny stuff rolling out at least four times a week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and since I am in to cake as well, will I get cake if I vote for you???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on nomination, I don't know what they are, but I'll vote for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, I nominated you for that and have voted a LONG ass time ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not entirely convinced that there's anything in it for me, but I voted for you anyway, because, well, you never know. There may be one day when I'm lying trapped in an overturned car in a ditch, and petrol is leaking from a ruptured fuel tank towards the hot exhaust, and then someone sees me and pulls over. And it's you, and you stand there, ready to free me from the tangled of my seatbelt before I'm engulfed by flames, and you'll pause and say "Did you vote for me?" And I want to be able to say yes without my lying voice giving me away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not nominated but I'm pretending I am while wearing Veggie Assassin face pajamas.

    You ain't got nothin' on MY creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "if you feel like it"

    Tell you what. Give me those other five cans of lager and I'll pop over there...

    They ARE chilled right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. only because you make my frickin day, everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hell yeah I'm voting for you. I was one of the first to nominate you stupid ass.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I voted for you. No, I'm not jealous. At all. Not a bit. Sob.

    I'm glad you made the finalists. Congrats, Veg!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really bad at the voting thing. It just seems so complicated. But for YOU, I will make the effort! Good luck! - G

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ms. Distracted: Damn, I was so looking forward to that as well. I like trees. Thank you. :)

    Rusty: It's ok, you can keep your babies. I'm bad with babies. You'd probably get them back with holes and complexes. :) Thank you!

    Nat: To keep doing that, I'd have to START doing that. See my problem? Thank you miss Nat.

    Vodka: Of course. I mean it will be mythical mental cake but cake nonetheless. :)

    Eric: Right? I was baffled too. Obviously everyone else is a lot more alert that us! And thanks.

    Jules: Thank you man. That's what a bunch of people said because you are all clearly insane. But I appreciate your insanity! :)

    Simon: Well, there's the not photographing you through a window in your underpants for one. Isn't that worth it? And you're correct I am everywhere, therefore, that car scenario is entirely plausible. You make a good point. :)

    SG: Thank you, Sir. Blackmail. It always works.

    Moooooog: It's when my face shows up on your jock strap I start to get a little cautious. Until that happens, I say go on with your bad self.

    Mo: Lager. Yours. I just stuck them outside the office in a snow bank so they should be good and icy. :)

    P: You don't get out much, do you, P.? But thank you! Ha!

    Eva: THANK YOU! I just called you "SPLENDID!"

    Ed: Aw. Aren't you nice? No wait. STUPID ASS? I'll have you know my ass has won prizes from MENSA. It's the rest of me that's a dumb shit.

    Ms. OWO: Oh, like they MEAN anything. Pfff. I'd have voted for you for funniest blog if you were in there. Maybe if I knew about these things earlier I could nominate people. You definitely win "funniest vagina doctor post ever". And best band aids.

    Georgina: Thank you! I am effing terrible at such matters too. It's like my attention span turns into that of a hyperactive minnow. They do seem sort of straightforward though, like they knew I was coming.... :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. your blog is a divine mess of words, so glad i stumbled across it (nowhere else, but at the bloggies nomination thing). there i voted for your blog, even before ever cyber-stepping into it! THAT'S how rad your blog is :)
    cheers, -C

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi C! And thank you very much! And it's nice to know your crazy mental disability hasn't stopped you functioning in life. :) And I hope you stay.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whee, I just voted for your fabulous ass!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hold on a goddamn second, A. My ass was nominated too? Well...it is a pretty nice ass.

    I'm kidding. I don't have a donkey.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dude, that's awesome! I just voted for you. I'll email you my address, to which you may mail the payment we discussed.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 'k dude. Just let me know when you've enlarged your mailbox enough to fit that life sized, anatomically correct rubber Michael Moore doll and we're good to go. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is really awesome. I just voted for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you, Amber! It's a pretty silly thing really but wouldn't it be good if say they sent out say, really good chocolate cake to the nominees? You can bet I'd whore for votes a lot faster if that were the case. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay I went over and voted for you for best Canadian blog. Not hard considering you're the ONLY Canadian blog I read, but they didn't ask that did they?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Exactly! I mean I don't know if anyone goes over there all serious and checks all those blogs out. No, they just get cajoled into going over there and voting for someone who's threatened them (or just someone they've heard of) and that's it. I really should get all serious and check out my competition and like...Photoshop them doing lewd things to chickens and put it on the web. Thank you Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's so cool! And well-deserved!
    I just voted for you.
    Good luck!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well thank you! I like to know you can be blackmailed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. voted. for you. does this mean you will or will not tap my ass?

    ReplyDelete
  28. AGAIN? You are insatiable woman.

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I voted for you the other day, and I will so again!!! You're fab, woman!! And if that is you in my tree, could you untie that shoe i through up there when i was drunk?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Aw but man, that is where I planned on keeping my stash. :(

    Thank you for the vote. You rule crazy lady.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Woo hoo! We are not blocked!

    Congrats on your big nomination! You totally deserve it, but will Canada be pissed if a foreigner wins their award?

    ReplyDelete
  32. It might! :) But I think I consume enough maple syrup for it to forgive me. And yay for the block lift. I must be using less words about narcotics nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  33. There's more than one canadian blog?

    I learn something every day.

    ReplyDelete
  34. No there are only four or five of us. We all made the finals. That explains everything. Idiot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congrats! I probably wouldn't have known anything about it either, if I were in your place. I think there's a certain grace to being oblivious of the larger blogworld.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Well I'm the most graceful person on Earth then! But I do think you are right. It doesn't do to start thinking these things matter. They're nice but really that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Well... after reading a steady diet of food blogs yours is a grab you in the chest kind of read.

    I came to your site via the bloggies and saw those dear little vw buses and stayed to read a post or two.

    in my mind ... east coast or west coast... also, your cussing, it works for me.

    good luck at the bloggies.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Is it bad that I'm kind of pissed off at you for being a finalist when I wasn't, even though we wouldn't have even been in the same category? Nah, it's okay. I'll just go ahead and be pissed off. Then I'll you tap that ass.

    I feel dirty all of a sudden.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Powderate: You know, those little buses are just there to snare you with their cuteness! :)

    Miss Y: You are a dirty lady but that ass needs tapping. I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I voted for you. You make me laugh more than virtually anyone else I read on here. I thank you muchly for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I was over there voting for someone else and saw you were a finalist and voted for you and wondered why you weren't saying anything, and I decided it's because you were just that cool. Award? Meh. Nah thanks, guys. I'm good.

    I could see that.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Bloody hell, Veggie Ass, that's *huge*. Seriously *huge*.

    You need to get out there and start pimping yourself out!

    Wow, I'm in awe!

    I shall dedicate the rest of this Bloody Mary I'm drinking to you.

    There's not much left, but it's the thought that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Natalie: Thank you! For being insane. In the nicest way. :)

    Steamy: Yeah I wasn't even going to mention it, but I keep getting pestered so I thought I'd mention it so I didn't seem ungrateful to all those people who had voted for me, by not acknowledging it. What to do? I don't know.

    Cat Lady: Thank you pussy lady! :)

    Rich: Is that sarcasm I hear? Not that I'd mind. If you make that Bloody Mary a Daiquiri or a Bellini or something deliciously fruity I'll take it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Funny! I already voted for you a while ago. Somebody else was pimpin' their nom, and I took the opportunity to voice my insistent yet resoundingly creepy-free V.A. love.

    ReplyDelete
  45. And I'll say this, too: you've got the bewitchin'est avatar of anybody nominated. Across all categories. Boo to the Yah, I said it.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I am late to the party, so I will now go vote! The Bloggies! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oh wow. What perfect timing! The big exam was on Friday and now I can finally catch up on blogs. Congrats, Veg!

    ReplyDelete
  48. You could win in the category of best exiled Scot blog. I am so behind with reading blogs, it's like I'm a proper grown up person these days. Hope all well. Vote early, vote often.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow, you are fabulous AND humble!

    And here I thought I was the only one!

    Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. JFC, now i must research bloggies so i an vote for you if i am not too late..but then if i am too late that might be cool b/c then i don't have to do anything. 1:14a.m. and PFT!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Done my bit. Now good luck to you. The wrtiing here is great and deserves an award.

    Yeah, I said that.

    Deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Dog: Aw you're a nice man. Don't you listen to people who tell you otherwise. :) My avatar thanks you. When it's not shooting carrots that is.

    Otie: Put down the vodka dude. :) And thank you.

    P: Congrats to you on the big exam being over. Of course you aced it, right? OF course you did.

    Dame N: Thank you Dame. It's not like being dame-ified by the Queen but still.

    Tgoette: No, we're BOTH fabulous and humble it seems. Mainly fabulous though! :)

    Magda: Drunk again huh. That's ok. I know the feeling. Clicking the provided link is just not challenge enough for you. I like to take the scenic route myself.:)

    Dan: You did say that. But it's ok because not all drugs are bad. Whatever you are on, I want. Thanks dude. :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. YAYAYAYAY!!! Veggie is going to win the Oscar of the blog awards!! Can I be in your enterouge? (how the fuck do you spell that?)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Aw you're so cute! I won't be winning it, but it's nice that you nominated me and stuff and so I'm using it as an excuse to party in my head all day anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  55. Done and done. Voting is now complete, m'dear. I look forward to my picture gracing your pyjamas. It won't be sewn onto the crotch though, right?

    ReplyDelete
  56. Not unless specially requested, no. :)
    Thank you miss C!

    ReplyDelete
  57. You know, for once I actually wasn't being sarky! I'm geniunely impressed!

    But this is a one-off, I promise you. Normal service will resume shortly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  58. Well that's a relief. I am happy to hear that all those Mike and Ike's have not gone to your brain cells and disabled your snark. :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. Interesting...I've been blogging nearly four years and have never seen your blog until now. Still...I do recognize at least four other bloggers that commented here that have been to my blog. The bloggy world is big...but connected...

    ReplyDelete
  60. I know! I'm constantly amazed by the people I encounter that turn up in a multitude of other places. I always wonder what the chain is that brings someone to your corner of the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. I voted for you.

    Pimping oneself out for votes is the way to go. Heck, I do it every damn Tuesday the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Thing is, Little Ms. B, you don't even have to because I've already critiqued your uh...Showtunes and I can honestly say, I have never heard anything quite like it. And I foresee a win in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Really? We actually debated redoing this at the end (I think you hear us talking) but as you can see, we said screw it and went as is.

    I don't think Otie is playing this week so I wonder who Bridgette is going to vote for.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Otie's a chicken. :) He's scared of bruising his masculinity with show tunes. Haha!

    I can honestly say, it was scary, but you all excelled. In a truly horrific and entertaining manner.

    Dreich was a little subdued, but he's had a bad week apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I voted for you even before you called me "lovely."

    ReplyDelete
  66. I'm thinking, in that case, that the beer in your hand in your avatar there, had some influence. But hey, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  67. My thoughts exactly, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  68. hey, this is awesome news! Sorry I missed the voting part. What's the prize? I hope it's cake!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Um..The Bloggies?

    Yup, I'm late to the party too. I would have voted for you and your bad self, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Love that you got nominated and to see your name on the ballot. I voted for you the day it came out and would love to see you win!!

    Now, back to the reading the Idol comments. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Kat: Cake is ALWAYS the prize, dude, you know that. Who cares what the prize is, the prize is all those lovely people voted for this nonsense. I don't need to win. I don't even care.

    Candy: I know right? The what? :) I swear I'm last to know everything.

    Jenny: Thank you miss J. I hope your ears are enjoying a nice soothing balm of some sort after this week's Idol. Holy crap.

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your rhythm stick.

Here's the What What

So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...