Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Fragmented

Today’s an exciting day. I really don’t want to do anything productive at all. Nothing painty or wordy or any other –y word you can think of. It’s about anticipation!

How will it all end?

I don’t mean the world, I’m not that deep. No, I mean “Lost”. Because tonight sees the beginning of the end - the very last season. Where we might stand a chance of finding out what the bejeezus we’ve been watching for the past six seasons. Where we anticipate another 20 something weeks of scratching our heads going “What. The. Fuck.” and trying to figure out what time zone we’re in and who the shit IS John Locke anyway?

I’m constantly amazed at my love of “Lost”, what with my severe hatred for network TV shows in general and convoluted ones in particular. “Lost” is preposterous. It is. You know it and I know it. But it’s preposterous in the most brilliant, thought provoking and exciting ways imaginable. There’s never been a show like it and there never will again. It’s the adventure show to end all adventure shows.

In other news, if you’re bored and you want a fun online pastime, I have just the thing for you. Just go on to YouTube, pull up a Taylor Swift video and say something mean about it. The comments of utter indignity you get in response will amuse you for hours.

I’ve been thinking a bit about Taylor Swift the past few days since everyone’s been going on about her woeful Grammy performance. I don’t know much about her or her music so I pulled some up to check it out so I knew what the hell everyone was talking about and I think I’ve sussed the whole Swift phenomenon. Her record label obviously thought, “This girl is a package deal. She’s a little bit of everything. She plays guitar, she writes some of her own cute little songs, she’s pretty, she’s fresh faced wholesome American, she’s super marketable, she pronounces words all country like, she’s young as fuck, therefore, it really doesn’t matter too much that she can’t actually sing”.

Because I know that sounds mean right – after all how many Grammy’s do I have? None. I know, fuck you Veg. But have you actually listened to her sing? It’s not great. I mean on record she’s passable, but let’s be honest – these days you could put a chimp in front of a mike and produce a great song with all the gadgetry that exists for vocal enhancement. Live though, you can’t hide behind gimmicks. Her voice might fly in an indie garage band or a karaoke club or something but big time country singers have voices. Big, huge, rednecky, sassy voices. She does not. At all. I’m baffled at her success. She seems like a nice enough girl. I don’t mind her. She seems good natured and perky and her songs are annoyingly catchy. But singing? Not her forte. There I said it. I should’ve pointed that all out on YouTube and gotten a response from some goddamn 14 year old professor of music, like:

‘U R h8r bitch can U sing no. Taylr is awsum h8r U no nuthin’

I guess if none of your fans can even spell out a whole word, they’re not going to give two shits if your singing’s a little substandard, right?

YouTube comments are my favourite thing ever. It’s like a special club where security frisk you at the door, only in the case of YouTube it’s to make sure your IQ is less than that of a cabbage, you have anger issues and that you can’t tell the difference between a computer keyboard and the text pad on your phone.

Good times.

87 comments:

  1. I want LOST to bear my children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, what fucked up kids those would be though. Plus they might be born in the seventies and come out sporting flares and Juliet's smirk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But they'd get to drive a cute sky blue VW bus and have a pet smoke monster. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm you make a persuasive argument. However, the babies might all be like little mini Ben Linus wannabes.

    Wait a second. If LOST is bearing the children does this mean YOU have the penis?

    ReplyDelete
  5. She was horrendous on the Grammys. Never have I ever said, "Man I wish Kanye was there," before. Then they put her next to Stevie Nicks. The horror.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha! I was actually on YouTube in the first place to find the Grammy performance so I could relate to the stuff I was reading. I couldn't find it at the time though. I truly have nothing against her but I am a little shocked at her lack of singing ability for someone so high profile.

    Although honestly, I'd rather listen to her warble all over the place than hear Kanye open his fat mouth ever again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHHAHAHA "14 year old professor of music"

    That's awesome. I can't even make it halfway through one comment on YouTube without vomiting. LITERALLY. *

    *not literally.

    But it takes so much mental effort for me to even understand what these people are trying to say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't watch Lost, but will instead be parking my ass in front of The Biggest Loser or catching up on a Hoarders episode on my DVR.

    Your comment about a monkey in front of a mike and it sounding good, ummm, did you forget the monkey screaming "FOR PORN" in my video sucks!

    I know nothing really about Taylor Swift, but the 1st time I saw her I thought "hey, isn't she a Noxema model?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss C: Me neither. It actually sort of agitates me reading the shit people post on there. I want to jump in on every comment thread and tell everyone to go fuck themselves. :)

    Little Ms. B: Shit, you are right. THAT monkey might be a challenge. :)

    I like me some Hoarders as well. It always makes me want to get up and clean even if I just cleaned an hour before. It just makes you feel all skanky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen Lost (no TV). It does sound interesting, though, compared to most of these things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Honestly, I didn't watch it for years because I assumed it would be terrible as everyone raved about it, and generally I don't agree with that sort of mass hysteria at all, then I watched the first three seasons all at once and was completely shocked at how great it was. I was addicted!

    Most of the time I'd say you're not missing much having no TV though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me and the Wife are religious about LOST.

    Seriously, we have been counting down the days since last season ended.

    She even called me at work with her secret plans for getting the kids into bed early tonight.

    As for the Taylor Swift thing. She cute, and I like some of her songs. But she IS NOT a great singer.

    Case in point...Grammy performance.

    Also, her fans are rabid preteen dogs. Even the middle-aged ones.

    Case in point...While watching the Grammy's, I was providing live commentary on Facebook for my own enjoyment. While she was singing, I put:

    "Why does Taylor Swift sound sooooo off key and bad? Geez! Where's Kanye when you need him?"

    And I had all these people who were supposedly my friends getting all pissy and telling me how mean I was.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could not agree more. On LOST and Taylor. :) When the last season of Lost ended I was all pouty going "HOW MANY MONTHS TILL THE LAST SEASON?" I mean how are we supposed to contain ourselves, really?

    As for Taylor, I like her enough. She's totally inoffensive, but I didn't expect her voice to be so weak. Country singers usually blast it out. She actually sounds like a teenager singing in the shower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. For the first sentence or so I was concerned that I couldn't be one of the cool kids responding to this post because I don't watch that show ... and frankly, I felt ... Lost. *smirk*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh good lord. :)

    I didn't use to watch it either till I checked it out from the start and got hooked really fast. It's still a shock to me. How can an ABC show be you know....NOT SHITE?

    ReplyDelete
  16. For the first sentence or so I was concerned that I couldn't be one of the cool kids responding to this post because I don't watch that show ... and frankly, I felt ... Lost. *smirk*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Didn't you just SAY that? Don't tell me you've forgotten what you're saying now as well as misplacing crockery.

    ReplyDelete
  18. For the first sentence or so I was concerned that I couldn't be one of the cool kids responding to this post because I don't watch that show ... and frankly, I felt ... Lost. *smirk*

    ReplyDelete
  19. What the fuck, dude? :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am embarassed to say I have never watched a single episode of Lost. It just never appealed to me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, that's exactly what I used to say miss Eva! Now look at me. Of course you can't watch it NOW you'd be all "What the HELL is going on?"

    ReplyDelete
  22. She actually can sing.

    She's just human and fallible. Off sometimes, like the rest of us. Super young.

    She's probably the best role model there is for younger listeners. Her package sells because it's wholesome and American, but it's also her. There is something genuinely wholesome and American about her. Packaged because it fits, not because she is selling her soul.

    I am the most unlikely of fans. But my boss' daughters listen to "fifteen." A song I probably should have heard when I was that age.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My favorite saying is 'I'm so lost that I'm expecting Kate and Sawyer to show up.'

    Yes. It is awesome.

    You can use it, but I'll charge you.

    But then again you probably won't use it cuz U R h8R.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agree with most of that. She IS marketable and likable and she's allowed to make mistakes. But I still don't agree that she can actually sing. She can hold a tune mostly, but she really doesn't have a big voice at all. Even recorded she doesn't sound like a singer. But live she's unsteady and amateur sounding. She might mature and improve who knows? But right now, she's not that great live at all. But she does come with the whole deal - writes her own songs and plays. If she didn't do either of those things, she wouldn't be the threat she is.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Moooooog: What if I change it to "Hurley and John Locke"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I haven't watched a single episode of Lost. I'm scared. I know I'm gonna get totally addicted so for now I'm trying to resist the urge. Plus I like when people go "GASP! You've never seen LOST?!" It amuses me.

    Also, I agree 100% about Taylor Swift. Overrated. (14 year olds, don't hate on me for my opinion. I couldn't handle 14 year olds hating me, how would I go on?)

    Sorry I'm babbling. My point is this - people are SO impressed that she wrote songs when she was 15. Big whoop... have you listened to the songs? They sound like they were written by a 15 year old. In the newest song she rhymes year with year. Pffftt come on now... Also, musicians have clauses in their contracts that stipulate they get writing credit for X number of songs on the album, whether they had something to do with it or not.

    Holy crap, Veg, I just wrote a novel. sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's ok dude, write away.

    I think writing songs is cool. And she was fifteen, she's supposed to sound fifteen I have no issue with that - I mean how many other young artists that chart, write their own material? Very few. I think she is interesting. She's an attractive package. My only issue's her voice. If she tried to get a recording deal based solely on her voice there is NO WAY. She got it because she does all these other things and looks the part too, so her voice becomes just one of a hundred little elements. Good luck to her, seriously. I still say she can't really sing. :)

    And you would surely get addicted to LOST. That's what happened to me. I thought it was about survivors of a crash surviving on an island. Oh like it could be THAT straightforward. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm so ready for Lost. Of course, I know they won't answer shit and the ending will be all disappointing, but the ride is probably still worth the price of admission.

    Oh, and since I seem to be driving off blog followers in hordes of late, maybe I'll post something mocking Taylor Swift to push a few more over the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I watched about two and 1/2 seasons of Lost before I became... lost. It was just too much for me, I guess. But the fat guy was cool.

    As for Taylor Swift, I agree with you 100%. Her live singing is not anything to get excited about, but I don't have a problem with her. I actually like the video that goes with her song "You Belong With Me". It's cute. Ish.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I know fuck all about Taylor Swift, but if she's a nice girl who sings wholesome songs and is a good role model than I'm happy she's successful. At least she makes the effort to play and write her own stuff, which is more than we can say for a lot of them.

    You and my friend the Brit would get on famously. He loves starting fights on YouTube. The funniest ones are the ones he starts on the opera videos. Opera fans aren't always as classy as you'd think.

    Also? YAY LOST!! I'm busting with excitement. Also really stoked Juliet's dead. Good riddance, you smirky bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love that you don't have to have a solid vocal presence to get on the air anymore. I have nothing against Taylor Swift either, but her voice is just an audible shrug. There's nothing that impressive about it. She seems sweet, though.

    And Lost ... I fell off that train a few seasons back and never did get caught up again. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Can't wait till the bloody season of Lost is over. I've been waiting patiently until it finished to finally *start* watching it.

    Yeah yeah, I know, "Richard you're missing the Zeitgeist."

    But I have enough of a problem with the two-part Doctor Who stories (so much so that I'll tape the first ep and wait a week to watch it), that I think I'd explode after +100 eps.

    Fascinating, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hunter: Yay for Lost. There'd better be some answers, or there'll be trouble UP THE WAZOO. And the ending? Well that better be mind blowing. Really. It better make it all worthwhile. Or I'll cry. I mean that. I will. :)

    Ms. OWO: Hurley's awesome. He's my fave character actually. He's funny and sweet and I always feel so bad for him because he's so damn nice.

    As for Taylor, agreed, she's sweet and likable and cute. Singing, still not convinced. Bingo.

    Jenna: She is and she's very successful and good for her. I don't begrudge her one bit.

    YouTube is hilarious. I wonder what gets into people sometimes.

    And is Juliet dead? I didn't know. I was sure they'd work it so she survived the bomb and all that. Shit, she better be dead. I hate Juliet. I know, you're shocked.

    Inky: Yeah I agree. I think music should be accessible for anyone with talent in any area of it and she certainly has that. You don't have to be able to sing GREAT to be a star, but you don't often get COUNTRY singers who don't have huge pipes and voices like Taylor. She has the voice of a kid in a band.

    Once you've missed a few "Losts" you're pretty much in the dark forever. :)

    Rich: Haha! Watch all six seasons in a row? That's the way to do it honestly. None of this waiting business between. I watched the first three all in a row which was great, then I caught up and now bah. I have to wait like everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I do respect Taylor Swift. She's very hard working. For real. But to pair her up with Stevie Nicks....COME ON! That was just evil! For Stevie!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Swift is overrated and lost sucked ass! Lost was originally supposed to be a single year show, but half way through the season the ratings were so high that ABC decided to turn it into a soap opera. Week to week they changed the plot and had no idea where they were going with it. I felt like they made it up as they went along.

    ReplyDelete
  36. They said from episode one they knew EXACTLY what they were doing with it all the way to season six. It was planned out in advance. At least that's what their documentary says. They've always known how it was going to end and the skeleton of how it would get there. So it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lost is TV crack. Once you start watching you can't stop or it all turns to shit. I have no idea what's going on and I'm sure by the end I'll still have no idea. But I've still gotta watch and feel ancie if I don't.

    Maybe little old Taylor could take a page out of role model extraordinnaire, Brittany Spears' book. When she came to Aus she mimed her whole concert, all very Millie Vanillie. Though I wouldn't encourage Taylor to take dance tips from her. She danced like a doped out telly tubby with a whip. Just wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a lovely description! I don't know what to make of Britney. She spends her singing career groaning into the mike and having orgasms and very little singing. Yet I heard recordings of her as a kid and she had a giant singing voice. So I think she probably CAN sing, but you never get to hear it. I don't know. I'd rather listen to Taylor than Shitney though I think.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ok so I am like two years behind on Lost, but I'm thinking I can learn everything I missed in one of those flash back episodes they're so fond of. As far as Taylor goes... it's so funny you said that.. I was just thinking that I was bored so maybe I should just go talk trash about taylor on the internet somewhere. I think I will.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Poor Taylor! I wouldn't actually talk trash about her for real but I would do it to piss off those hilarious illiterate commenters. I'd write something really proper and grammatically pretentious and see what they had to say. I'd write:

    "Young Taylor, resplendent in blonde curls and appropriate teen angst, croons songs of twee longings in a perfect world, while pouting like a magnificent golden goddess, kissed by the Sun and the Moon simultaneously, yet in the voice of a deaf woman suffering a sharp spasm cramp in her gut."

    ReplyDelete
  41. An education as always, I learn about the Grammys (not just a mispronounced grandmother) and Lost (not just a journey through the motorways of Birmingham). How enlightening you are.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hahahahahaha! Holy crap. Spaghetti Junction lost. That is pretty bad. I've done that. Everyone's done that. Ick. Stupid place.

    Also is it just me, Madame, or should it technically be "Grammies"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. i have never EVER watched a single episode of "lost," but my roommates are making me watch the premiere tonight...i'm pretty sure i won't understand a single thing! no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  44. HAHAHA! Yeah, I've often thought the same thing about youtube comments. Who are these people????

    As for Lost, I've never even seen a single episode. Nope. Not one. I keep hearing I'm missing out, but I figure it's waaaaayyyyyyy too late to catch up now, so eh.

    ReplyDelete
  45. what the heck is with the numbers, and the black smoke thing in lost?

    i'll disagree with you on the taylor swift thing. though her singing on snl was crappy, she does have a nice voice (even if it doesn't really stand out). i'm just curious to see how many times she can release the same song.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I've been ignoring LOST since they took that long as fuck break during season 3. I never got back into it. Not that I hated the show; far from it. I just wanted to be able to watch a bunch at a time, so I've avoided it like the plague. I guess I could start up on it now that I have several seasons to catch up on.

    As far as Taylor Swift, I don't dislike her. I have a few songs burned onto a CD for the car because The Girl (all of 2.5 years) loves "go-tar" music, and she likes the guitar in her songs. But Taylor is not her favorite. I love this child so much because her favorite is "boy go-tar music" otherwise known as the illustrious Johnny Cash. It's fucking marvelous that she knows all the words to "When the Man Comes Around."

    ReplyDelete
  47. I never watch the Grammys since they never like the songs I like so clearly they have no taste.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Aladdinsane: Oh Jesus. I bet you're confused as HELL by now. I watched the catch up show before it and thought, "If someone who's never seen this show watches this, they'll be speechless." And it didn't even cover 1/100th of the storyline.

    Cora: You're right, you'd need to watch it from the start. You'd love it though I think. It would be up your alley for sure.

    P: They followed up on the numbers for a while then let it slip so I hope they explain it fully lately. I want to know what significance 108 has. 108 minutes on the button, 108 days on the island before the Oceanic Six left, the numbers Hurley played lottery with and that were on the hatch - they add up to 108. Or I could be crazy. But I know I'm not. I think you got your answer on the Smoke Monster tonight. Sort of.

    Joshua: Yeah that stupid writer's strike. That was a good season too.

    And that is INDEED cool that a little kid knows Johnny Cash songs. :)

    Cassie: Same here. I never watch them for the same reasons. Mainstream chart music is not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  49. OH man, youtube comments are the shiz! I have 17 vids up (yeah, yeah, I'm braggin a little;) and the comments, oh the comments! Joyous time of idiots who think numbers are interchangeable with letters! Loves, LOVES it!

    But not Taylor Swift.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I watched four seasons of Lost and then my brain snapped, the convoluted nonsensical plot-lines and answer-less buffoonery was simply to much for it. So I sat at the table carefully gluing my brain back together and vowed not to watch any more.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Most those hugely popular series end up in two categories with me: a)Never got into it followed by a bit of sneering or b) a religion. Lost came into the first, I'm afraid. I do love when people get reeally enthusiastic over stuff like that. Enjoy ma dear!

    ReplyDelete
  52. 'But have you actually listened to her sing?' -- hahahaa!

    So many 'artists' are like that, sure they are more musical than the average person and could probably go on to do quite well in a semi-pro karaoke capacity, but superstars, really?
    Jonas Brothers, WTF?
    Britney? muahhaa! I'd rather hear Gilbert Gotfried and Fran Drescher in a duet of 'Build This Dream Together'.

    Lost for me is like 24, I missed the first thirty minutes, so I'm perpetually baffled. Just as well, I can just buy the DVD collection and avoid the commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  53. :)

    Phew! You covered the whole gamut there.

    With you on Taylor Swift. Plus you are an XTC fan, so big respect.

    Enjoy "Lost" from your Poang armchair

    ReplyDelete
  54. They did leave Juliet vague, but then she cropped up with a full time part on another show, so I knew she was out. It was nice to get solid confirmation of that last night though. Good riddance!

    ReplyDelete
  55. When I saw Taylor Swift on the Grammy's I thought to myself, "She would never even make it past the first round of auditions on American Idol!" It is amazing what they can do to alter voices with technology! I bet they could even make me sound good! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Buffster: Oh man, I can only imagine what they have to say. I wonder if today's 14 year olds will be tomorrow's illiterates? I mean spelling adequacy must have dropped amazingly in recent years. Soon English will be phonetic again.

    Mo: This is true, but it has started giving out clues to what's going on, albeit along with new baffling stuff. But there's so much ancient Egyptian myth woven in and Biblical stuff, that if you know or research some of that, things start to make a lot more sense. So that's fascinating to me.

    Jude: Haha, I never did either until I forced myself to watch the first three seasons and got hooked because it wasn't at all the show I expected it to be. In a good way! :)

    Eric: See I would lump Taylor into a country version of that group in that she's appealing to that age demographic rather than diehard country fans (whoever they are) :)

    And yeah, I miss the days of watching entire episodes commercial free. I swear last night there were commercials every six minutes for two hours. PAINFUL.

    UberG: HA! Big respect then a sly dig about the Poang. :) Well done. For the record, I don't have a Poang (my sister does though so suck THAT). I have no Ikea stuff at present as I live nowhere near one although they start building one next year get this....TWO STREETS AWAY FROM MY APARTMENT. Holy shit! Oh and bite me again. :)

    Jenna: When she popped back up last night I was all "OH COME ON, NO!" and "WHAT SORT OF DEEP HOLE ARE YOU? PEOPLE FALL HUNDREDS OF FEET DOWN YOU AND DON'T DIE AND BOMBS FALL DOWN AND DON'T GO OFF?" Then she did die and I thought, "thank you. Now I don't have to see her smirking at me for 17 weeks"

    Vina: I said the EXACT same thing the other day. She does ok with her song writing/guitar playing/singing combo but put her on A.I. and I'm not sure she'd even make it to Hollywood. It's true!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Damn it! Why must youtube be blocked at work. Your suggestions sounds like utter bliss. I want to read those freaking comments!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Blocking YouTube is cruel. CRUEL! Understandable yes, cruel YES YES YES. :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. I never really got into "Lost"....might be something to do with switching off the very first episode coz it was aired the night before I was flying to the Caribbean....plane crashes on tropical locations weren't really top of the viewing pleasure list for someone with an immense fear of flying!

    What's with the fat dude who never gets thinner despite being "Lost" and starving....or have I just LOST the plot?

    ReplyDelete
  60. Haha, yes I wouldn't watch it either before flying. :)

    The fat dude doesn't get any thinner because the entire six seasons only span a few months (3?) in actual time and during most of that the survivors had actual food they found from an old bunker. The rest of the time he was living in the seventies (dude, it's Lost, just go with it) and they were part of a company with plenty food therefore he never had the opportunity to lose any weight.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Last night's episode had me saying what and how and why and OH SNAP THE SMOKE MONSTER JUST KILLED EVERYONE and huh and I'm confused. But that's how I always am. After all, this is LOST we're talking about here.

    I love explaining things about LOST to people who don't watch the show because it always sounds insane and ridiculous. Because it is. But I love it so.

    Check out our reactions watching LOST last night, captured in photos.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I would hate to be the dude who has to keep track of everything for the sake of continuity and plot holes. Jesus. Poor guy.

    I actually thought last night answered a lot of questions and posed a lot of new ones. Sigh. I hear the ninth episode is the one not to miss though. Heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Youtube comments are good. But nothing will ever compared to the "Three Wolf Moon" shirt customer reviews thread.

    http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Three-Wolf-Short-Sleeve/dp/B002HJ377A

    ReplyDelete
  64. OMFG. That is MAGICAL. How come I have never heard of this before, Li? That is the funniest thing I've read in ages. I'm still laughing. Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  65. YouTube comments are fantastic. Myself and two unnamed bloggers once had an idea to do a blog dedicated to the best YouTube comments and subsequent analysis. I don't know why we didn't. I guess it would get old. Then again, Fuck You Penguin never gets old.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Gr8. WTF? Frst I by Tylrs CD so I cn recover my vrgnty, prov Im tone def, & thro dwn wth team Jakob.
    Thn I find out I aktuly ned a 3 moon wlf shrt 2 wrk all dat voodoo sht, AND 2 jmp hz bad ass wrewlf bnz!

    WTBF? Srsly?

    ReplyDelete
  67. I hate that I like Taylor Swift. Almost as much as I hate that I like Miley Cyrus. I know, don't say it. Pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  68. I missed out on the "lost" gene, but just recently got into "Mercy" which is one of those fucked up nurse shows with tons of sexual tension. A cheap rip off on the mother of all mother's nurse shows, "nurse Jackie", which is fucking brilliant.

    As for Taylor, "yo, she sounded a bit pitchy, dawg." MEEYOUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Words: Yeah I heard someone else mention a YouTube comments blog. Or maybe it was you way back. I don't know. But that would've been funny. But then how many times can you review the same tired old text comments and idiots? They sort of parody themselves. :)

    Jessica: Hahaha! A three moon wolf shirt AND a Taylor cd, would you be rad. I mean sad. See you can't really be a text pad idiot because you use punctuation. Giveaway. :)

    Miss Y: It's ok, I don't judge you Miss Y. I know the sarcasm that comes out of you, woman, you're allowed to be tamed a little by some crazy teen music. :)

    Candy: I saw a trailer for "Mercy" once and said out loud "Oh fuck, no." I am a little sick of medical dramas and cop shows. Medical dramas are always like soaps, with beautiful people all dolled up with perfect hair and make up. Where are all the plump nurses with perms wearing Crocs? That's the medical drama I'd watch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  70. This is why I avoid youtube at almost all costs. I love to pretend it preserves at least a smidgen of my sanity and perhaps, even IQ.

    ReplyDelete
  71. And it probably does! I find it gets me all indignant and agitated. It's like a moron magnet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  72. Believe it or not, I've never watched one episode of Lost. I guess I'm uncool.

    ReplyDelete
  73. i thought *i* was your favorite thing ever? sniff.

    ps LOOOOOOOST! can you explain that whole episode to me? because... phew.

    ps again: i told chuck about you making fun of juliet's bitch face. hee, hee, heeee

    ReplyDelete
  74. Peachy: Well you make up for it in other ways, don't worry. :) Although, it's a show you might enjoy. There's quite a bit of shirtless man posturing going on here and there.

    Becks: Well you are TOO. Tsk.

    Juliet does have a bitch face. She just does. She had it in "V" too. What happened to that show? Did they cancel it? How TRAGIC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  75. Sorry, but as soon as I saw "Lost," I had to zip down to the end of the post. I have a gazillion DVDs waiting for me, and miraculously this show hasn't been spoiled for me yet.

    ReplyDelete
  76. You can't spoil "Lost". You can't explain it to anyone it's impossible. You'll enjoy it, I'm sure.

    Most of the post was about Taylor Swift. I thought you'd have something to say about HER. :)

    ReplyDelete
  77. I confess I haven't watched Lost either, but I agree with EVERYTHING you wrote about Ms. Swift and her scary, lazy speller fans! Yikes. These are the people that are going to be running our nursing homes, friends. The mere thought makes me lose sleep!!

    Thanks for the smile...

    ReplyDelete
  78. Haha, I would like to see the YouTube commenters do anything that doesn't involve a phone. :) Or tackle a three syllable word. Or just talk without drooling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  79. I'm disturbed by the fact that Taylor comes off as being about 14 when she's 20. Grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Was that some Wendy B. sarcasm there? Although, she does kind of seem younger than 20 now you mention it.

    Just watch, next year she'll hit a growth spurt and be all Lady Gaga. Then you'll love her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  81. Wow, I thought I was the only creeper that enjoyed reading those comments aka little gems sent from heaven to amuse me via youtube. I don't feel so alone now. Thnx Veg *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  82. J: There's just something about those comments that pull me in. It's like someone decided that all morons must divert to YouTube to chat or something. It seems that the only people who want to leave comments are illiterates and people who probably shouldn't be left alone with knives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  83. I love LOST. Most of the time I have abso-fucking-lutely no idea what just happened...what is going to happen and how hot is Sawyer.

    ReplyDelete
  84. I will give you a reason to laugh at me forever, Veggie. I am a Taylor Swift fan. I adore the girl. It may have less to do with her singing ability than the fact that she's not flashing her vagina all around the cameras, she writes every one of her songs and she is of age and if I had half a chance (yeah, I don't) I would so do her. I'm 30 and female. That's bad. But she is over 18, so I don't feel like a complete perv. :)

    ReplyDelete
  85. Jami: On the contrary miss Dude, she is adorable and poppy, my only qualm is her singing isn't really top class. She's passable and quite lovely as an all round package. I don't begrudge you your Taylor love. Even if it is a filthy love, you dirty girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  86. I've never seen Lost, but if I, say, dowloaded the first season, is there any chance I would understand? :)

    ReplyDelete
  87. I think you SHOULD! You sort of have to download the first season to have any clue about the others. But it's worth it, honest! I did the same thing originally. Now I'm addicted.

    ReplyDelete

Here's the What What

So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...