I don’t think it’s any secret in these here parts that I like to drink. I like to drink a lot. And I don’t mean alcohol (although I like to drink that too), I just mean drinks in general. Liquids. Because I dehydrate easily. Even when I was a child I was more thirsty than hungry ever. When my parents would take us to a local cafe for ice cream, I’d ask for a Coke instead. In a glass bottle. With icy condensation running down the bottle and a stripy paper straw. You can keep your ice cream and your * milk shakes. I love drinks. They are so ultimately satisfying.
*Milk shakes are not drinks. They are melted ice cream. Ok? OK.
These days I’m trying to be good where my drink intake is concerned. My biggest vice is Diet Pepsi. Sure it has no calories and tastes ok but it does have artificial sweeteners that apparently make you insane and deformed and give you a hunch back and a forked tongue and make your belly button close up. Like a dirty-minded, motor-cycle riding, tobacco spitting boyfriend, I know it’s no good for me, yet it’s so damn tantalizing. That icy coldness. The intense aggression of the fizz almost burning in your throat. I love it. I am addicted to it. I would happily drink it until I explode in a giant blast of C02 and happiness and guts. I need my Diet Pepsi, damn it. For the sake of all humanity and any future peace on Earth.
But I have been limiting myself to one small bottle a day. One small bottle. It almost hurts me to say it. The rest of the day I drink water as I am clearly insane. Because water doesn’t have a taste or any thrills at all. And because I am quite inconsolable about drinking it when I could be feeling that chilled, caffeinated bottle of Aspartame drip down my throat like sweet, sweet honey. Only, you know….fizzier and Pepsier.
I have my one Diet Pepsi with either lunch or dinner. Whichever I choose, I will fixate on it for hours before. “Only three more hours till my Diet Pepsi” I mutter under my breath while trying not to twitch in anticipation.
It’s really as sad as it sounds.
The other day there was no Diet Pepsi in the house but a foreign bottle of Coke Zero on a shelf of its own in the fridge, shunned by vegetables and cheese alike, due to its alien presence. Even the condiments didn’t want to be around it and those little sluts will hang out with anyone. So reluctantly I drank it. And it was satisfactory I suppose. For an inferior beverage. It was too….Cokey. I felt like a spy infiltrating foreign waters. But it was ok. I mean it wasn’t Diet Coke at least. That trashtastic whore. I draw the line at Diet Coke. Diet Coke steals all your money and tries to sell sex tapes of you to the National Enquirer.
And it tastes like ass.
So yes, I’m determined that my water intake needs to be constant and gigantic. I need to flood my innards with cold, refreshing aqua. Flush out my toxic system and let my skin bathe in the glow of health it contains. I need to drink so much water I am 99% water and make water-bed noises when I move or else I’ll turn into a reprobate or a serial killer, according to all the health articles I read.
On the alcohol side of the fence, I also have a substantial urge for some icy cold beer and possibly some Malibu. I love me some Malibu. I know, I know, it’s a lame lady drink but it tastes so good. So good. All coco-nutty and fruity and rummy and delectable. I want it in a tall glass with ice, a wedge of lime and chilled 7UP. No substitutions. No Coke. I know Malibu and Coke is the norm, but since when am I the norm? Huh? Since never that’s when. I dilute all my liquors with 7UP or Sprite. It’s the only way to be a classy lady like me. Coke mixers are for Plebians and perverts.
Tomorrow, I may have to stop at the liquor store and procure a bottle of Malibu and just put myself out of my misery.
Yes I did. I wrote an entire entry about drinks. Worship my deviance.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Here's the What What
So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...
-
You know what? Swearing's a fine tool to have in your arsenal, and Lord knows it's my favourite power tool of all - even better tha...
-
Tuesday, April 19th, 2011 – achey breaky knee, Tonka Bean chocolate is good, digging plaid Hi! Yes you! Remember me? I sometimes post n...
-
Wednesday, August 4th, 2010, mid afternoon, coffee wearing off, feeling disagreeable. I'm not a very child friendly person, I fully ...
See what you need is a stupid disorder to normalise your consumption. I am prescribed water (and salt but that's another bizarro discussion) by my cardio. Yes that's right I have weirdo stupid disorder yeah, no wonder I'm being asked to all the cool parties.
ReplyDeleteI will admit I understand your fizzy lust although I am addicted to the shiny black bean of the America's for which I would willingly sell both my children and my left kidney. When my coffee machine broke I nearly went insane. Luckily as I held the blunt, hair-filled lady shaver over my wrist I recalled an old dodgy aluminium Italian stove top coffee maker hidden in the back of the cupboard. This moment was accompanied by a choir of angels, a beam of crystal clear sunshine, drooling and pure ecstasy. Ahhhhhh fresh roasted arabica grown in the highlands of Colombia and hand picked by vestal virgins, excuse me I thnk I need to be alone.
Life is too short to exist on water. Trust me, self denial gets you NOWHERE! NOWHERE!! OD on Diet Pepsi, and enjoy a happy old age mingling with all your deformed hunch backed pepsi drinking cronies!
ReplyDeleteHuh. Weird coincidence. About ten minutes after you posted this, without seeing yours I posted a (very brief, not-comparable {not to say incomparable!}) post about the importance of adequate hydration!
ReplyDeleteNeedless to say, I couldn't agree more about the general premise. Albeit: Coke man.
I'm a Coke man. You got life by the throat when you're drinking Coke.
Which also means I heartily agree re: Diet Coke!
I just love root beer and therefore envy you for living on a continent where it's so readily available.
ReplyDeletePepsi?! Oh no, Give me a Coke any day of the week over a Pepsi! (except Diet Coke or COke Light -European version- those are hideous!). I've managed to do the swap over the Coke Zero in my effort to reduce caloric intake (it really tastes just like Coke, yay!) and also have trouble keeping myself to just one a day. It's easier now in winter... summer's a bitch though. :o(
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking of grinding up cocoa beans and having a hot chocolate 'Inca' style, you know, without the sugar and milk you normally get in a hot chocolate. I'll drink it out of a gold goblet embossed with a skull, of course.
ReplyDeletePepsi and I had a huge fall out when I was a teenager. I drank it, it disagreed... it was a big mess. Now coke on the other hand tastes very nice to top up my vodka... it seems I am just a pervert. Yay :0)
ReplyDeleteSo, wait a second, you like to drink? Beverages?
ReplyDeletelol.
ReplyDeletei do love a good milkshake.
Dog nabbit, you're on the pepsi train. Aargh. I am so anti-Pepsi I campaign for people not to drink them, but you seem like a tough candidate to convince. Of course Diet coke is bad, but diet everything is bad.
ReplyDeletePS. What is the deal with milkshakes? Not just milk, and doesn't make me shake. Just ice cream.
Malibu is the Nectar of the Gods! Me and fizzy drinks are not on speaking terms right now so this post gave me the DTs.
ReplyDeleteI am also trying to drink more water and it's boring, so I try to disguise it as a cocktail to make my brain want more. Pour water in a fancy glass. squeeze a bit of lime in there and add fresh mint and shazam!: mojito-ish goodness.
I love Diet Pepsi, too.
ReplyDeleteRandom fun: Inserting your hunch back into your giant close-up belly button.
Good times. Good times.
I feel about Diet Coke the way you feel about Diet Pepsi. If it promised me an afterlife, I would worship it. (For now I will avoid berating you for your slander of Diet Coke...I'm making a larger point.)
ReplyDeleteI keep hearing that diet sodas make you fat. I'm sure that all these studies are done by competent scientists and all...but huh? This doesn't pass the smell test for me, just like the Atkins diet didn't because it told me I can't have certain vegetables. VEGETABLES.
I suppose pretty much anything we eat or drink will kill us, depending on who you want to listen to. But these people fail to take into account that nobody gets out alive. So fie, I say.
I agree that Diet Pepsi is superior to Diet Coke. However, I must humbly disagree that Coke mixers are for plebeians and perverts. Perverts...ok, maybe. But definitely not plebeians. Jack and Coke...sigh.
ReplyDeleteWater bed sloshing noises make me nervous and lip bitey.
Diet Pepsi will make your belly button close up?
ReplyDeleteHave you been monitoring yours closely?
On the upside at least you would be come more aerodynamic.
OOOOOh, Diet Coke is my favorite. But I almost never drink it because it's so addictive. I try to limit myself to 3 or 4 cups of diet soda per week. It's tough. I drink water the rest of the time , too. Oh...and I can only drink caffeine free diet soda. How pathetic am I?
ReplyDeleteWhen I was in Barbados I sunned myself on Malibu beach. It was amazing because right up the beach was the rum distillery so you smelled coconutty rum goodness. Also since it's made literally feet away they drinks were dirt cheap. I think I drank about a dozen malibu and sprites while on the beach. What's even better is that island men bring they to you on a tray for a dollar.
ReplyDeleteAnd now I want to go to Barbados.
Imagining myself as Diet Pepsi while reading this somehow caused me to get extremely turned on.
ReplyDeleteThen I remembered that Diet Pepsi is really sweat from a goat's balls.
The ONLY good Diet Pepsi, is Diet Pepsi MAX, from which they dropped the "diet" because they didn't want it to be too gay.
Diet Coke is the only respectable Diet drink. That is, if Diet Dr. Pepper is unavailable.
Case Closed.
I WIN!
While I'm adamantly and furiously apposed to all drinks "diet" you post made me laugh out loud. Those slutty condiments! Ha ha ha.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I haven't had Malibu in years, but you are corrects! It's fantastic!
Okay, well just be careful because my mom is a diet pepsi addict and she even has one with her coffee in the morning.
ReplyDeleteHeh heh. I had a similar thought not too long ago of "Holy shit, I'm drinking too much soda and need to cut back and step up the water intake." Because waking up parched? Is not a happy feeling.
ReplyDelete(But confession: my vice is the "trashtastic whore" soda ... I know, I know, the shame!).
Hi VA! Water intake is a constant concern of mine too. I try to drink lots of Vodka. It looks like water so it’s just as good for you, but tastes much better. Also, it’s cleaner. No dangerous bacteria in Vodka, which is an on-going problem with water. Contamination issues and what not.
ReplyDeleteMy vice is tea. My earliest memory of consuming liquid isn't milk, it's a glass of iced tea. And I'm so glad there's someone else who enjoys the waterbed sound in their belleh after gulping down copious amounts of beverage.
ReplyDeleteI'm not crazy about soda, but if I had to pick a brand it would be Coke. Call me a plebian, but I'm not gonna fuck Roxxy.
Grape Propel. Fool.
ReplyDeleteI have an addiction to Ice tea. Like bad. I go to sonic everyday and get a huge one and I'm pretty sure I would be able to retire if I quit. I finally quit hot Dr. Pepper with lime... that was delish too. Dude, now I'm really thirsty.
ReplyDeleteI must be a pervert (or plebian depending on your mood) cuz it's coke mixers all the way...coke+Malibu, coke+brandy, coke+vodka....even coke+icecream works (we used to call them "Brown Cows" as kids)
ReplyDeletemy boyfriend drinks about 8 bottle of coke/day, so you're doing pretty well!
ReplyDeleteand i have issues with malibu, as i think it tastes like sunscreen. or at least it tastes how sunscreen smells. yuck.
We are OPPOSITE MOFOS when it comes to beverages!!! BUUUUUUUUT, we both feel as strongly about them. And for that, we are friendies again.
ReplyDeleteI have a similar addiction with root beer Diet Hansens (I know, I know, you just barfed in your mouth).
And for me, I have to drink my booze on the rocks, no mixers. BUT, when we have our date in the dessert I will drink Malibu and Sprite with you. And I wouldn't do that for anyone else on the planet. So there.
I totally agree that Diet Coke tastes like ass (at least what I think ass would taste like!) Long live Diet Pepsi!!!
ReplyDeleteBut why don't you drink regular Pepsi, Veg?
ReplyDeleteIt won't give you cancer!
ALL Diet pop tastes like ball sweat. Diet 7Up is the only diet drink I've ever had that tastes remotely like the original flavor.
ReplyDeleteRusty: I'm sure I could come up with a special disorder that requires I drink seven Diet Pepsis a day. I actually cut back on coffee too and I don't drink much of it to begin with, so I'm starting to think "Meh, drink the goddamn coffee!" One cup a day won't hurt. It's so...comforting.
ReplyDeleteMacy: You are correct. You are making a valid argument for me to say "Screw that water business, drink the Pepsi!" And maybe I'll cave. Who knows, by the time I'm an old crony it might have been proved that Aspartame makes you live longer and keeps arthritis at bay. Wouldn't I look smart then?
Dogimo: Well see I'm fine with Coke. Regular fat Coke. On the odd occasion I drink a fountain soda I'm fine if it's Coke. I just can't touch Diet Coke. It is nasty and had an unpleasant taste.
MLS: You strange man. I really dislike Root Beer. It's like mouth wash with fizz in it. Yet people like yourself are big devotees of it. People either love or hate it in my opinion, there's no middle ground.
Cris: I agree that Coke in it's regular form is drinkable and enjoyable. I like a Coke now and then. Just not the Diet version. ICK! But all in all I prefer Pepsi right across the board. Diet Pepsi and 7UP. Pepsi all the way. I think Coke Zero is awesome because it DOES taste like Coke unlike Diet Coke which tastes nasty. Why they still make DIet Coke with Coke Zero out there is beyond my comprehension.
Eric: Nothing you say surprises me, Tex. Gold goblets are every day life to you and God forbid you drink anything from a STORE. High fallutin' tastes are what you have. :)
Ms. Distracted: Well there's a lot of fun to be had in perversion (I'm told) so don't feel too bad. Plus I hear vodka makes everything taste better, even Coke. :)
Hunter: Well yes, usually beverages. Occasionally, when I'm feeling raunchy I'll drink the blood of babies or lighter fluid, but generally I'm all about the beverages.
Brian: I'm not a milkshake fan. Or any milky drink. Except milk, I like milk. Skim milk. I'm picky.
Andrew: Pepsi are wonderful. It would take a lobotomy to quit Diet Pepsi cold turkey. But I figure if you like soda you go Diet or else be the size of a rhinocerous. I mean Aspartame might kill me, but at least I won't get Diabetes (these are my testing supplies!).
Kat: Yes it is. It is wonderful and perfect and delicious. Haha, disguise water. I like fizzy water and lemon and ice. Maybe I should do that, but it's more expensive than tap water. I disguised it with Crystal Light for a while but really I might as well drink Diet Pepsi as it's Aspartame too.
ReplyDeleteMoooooog: I am going to try that as soon as I can get my fused limbs working! :)
Words: Well whatever works for you dude, even if it's a clearly inferior nasty drink like Diet Coke. :) The reason diet sodas make you supposedly fat is that it's said they make you crave sweet things, but I can't say it happens to me. I'd say logically, regular sodas make you fatter, no? I mean how can Diet Sodas possibly compete with all that sugar? Atkins seemed bizarre to me. You can eat a giant fat steak covered in cheese but you weren't allowed any veggies? WTF? That might work on the "no carbs at all" thing, but can that be healthy? Eating nothing but fats? I doubt it. We need to just eat what we want and enjoy I think.
Ms. OWO: Jack and Coke might be my most hated alcoholic beverage. Anything whiskey-ish is just nasty to me. So if Coke helps disguise that I'm all for it. :) So knock yourself out girl - hopefully not literally.
Mo: You'd be amazed what I monitor daily. And yeah! Aerodynamic is exactly what I'm going for so at least I'm doing one thing right. That and shaving my head bald and wearing lycra 24/7.
Eva: See that's it. Diet Coke is addictive? This is why people drink it when it's so nasty. With Diet Pepsi it's not really addictive it's just so enjoyable you WANT to drink it all day. See? :)
Natalie: OMG you made me cry with jealousy. I want that. I want a beach full of coconutty rum for a buck. POUT.
Ed: You must be a coke mixer man, pervert. :) Pepsi Max was what I drank in the UK years ago because it tasted more like regular Pepsi. But it has about four million times the caffeine so I don't really need that. It's so cute that the boys didn't want to buy diet drinks and so called it Pepsi Max so they could feel more manly. You're all so sensitive. How cute! Diet Coke is NASTY NASTY NASTY and Diet Dr. Pepper is the most authentic of all the diet drinks flavour wise I believe, but I don't much like Dr. Pepper so hey. No.
Jules: Sometimes my fridge has nothing in it BUT condiments! And Diet Pepsi... obviously.
ReplyDeleteMiss C: That's a woman I can worship. A Diet Pepsi coffee chaser. That is AWESOME.
Inky: I wake up parched all the time. Maybe this will help? Even though I lament every glass of water that passes my lips for not being Diet Pepsi. Maybe someone could hypnotize me into thinking water WAS Diet Pepsi. Then I'd be healthy AND happy. Win win.
Les Infin: I like that you have a practical solution to the water thing. I mean vodka is named AFTER water after all, so I say they must be interchangeable. All that other stuff in it is just uh....vitamins.
Jennifer: See I'm not a tea fan when it's hot tea but I love iced tea. With lemon. Or peach. But always sweet. I hate unsweetened ice tea. ICK! In summary, I don't like my ice tea to taste too much like TEA. :)
Jacquie: Grape Propel? Thing is, I really don't like grape flavoured anything therefore, no. Maybe another flavoured Propel? Doesn't Pepsi MAKE Grape Propel? I think you're part of the Pepsi team then. :)
Carissa: If I lived anywhere near a Sonic I'd be addicted to the frozen Limeade. I mean forget iced tea. Frozen limeade would have all my money. I LOVE THAT STUFF.
Nat: Oh dear. You are correct, you are definitely a pervert. That sounds like fun though!
Aladdinsane: Sunscreen? Shame on you. Although I do have a thing for coconut sunscreen too (except I don't drink it.)
Buffster: I'll forgive you man. You can drink yours neat and I'll bastardize mine with 7UP. It's because I'm a wimp who can't handle her alcohol straight up. Pity me. :)
Vina: YES!!! It tastes like ass and has a nasty ass aftertaste. Diet Pepsi all the way. The whole dirty way.
Soda: You are right it won't missy, however it will make me the size of a barn door and I like fitting into clothes and being able to walk without getting winded. Good enough? :)
BeckEye: Diet 7UP is pretty good too, I often mix my liquor with it. So I'll let you live. For now.
ReplyDeleteIm a cactus cooler freak. Im craving one right now
ReplyDeleteWhat is this "Cactus Cooler"? I must find one immediately because it sounds like my kind of drink!
ReplyDeleteWHAT!! Its an Orange Pineapple Blast. Blast of goodness.
ReplyDeleteWell I need it! I need it immediately especially if pineapple is involved. Maybe I can't get it up here in the north? Maybe I'm deprived?
ReplyDeleteApparently its only available here :( Can I ship it from California to Canada? Although getting you hooked on something unavailable to you isnt very nice of me
ReplyDeleteIt is downright cruel but still very alluring. :) I will look out for it next time I'm down south though. It is on my LIST. Oh yes... If I get addicted then I know who to blame.
ReplyDeleteYou are still so, so wrong about Diet Coke *shakes head sadly at Veggie*
ReplyDeleteViva la Diet Coke!
I was just wondering when you'd show up here to defend your honour. :)
ReplyDeleteI like you when you talk dirty about soda. Bad girl :)
ReplyDeleteWow. A whole post about drinks. And not alcoholic ones. I worship you.
ReplyDeleteSuze: I know, it's a dirty vulgar subject but someone's got to do it. :)
ReplyDeleteJules: So...this worshipping business. Do you have an altar and everything. With my picture on it? Because you should.
I actually drink diet sodas because I prefer the taste to the real ones. They leave a gross film on my teeth and they're too heavy. I like my drinks to be light. So sodas like Coke Zero that taste like the real thing don't appeal to me.
ReplyDeleteEd, I have both a goat and balls .. ok, I have a goat WITH balls, and I would have to agree with you. Diet Pepsi is indeed the salty dross one would find in that general region.
ReplyDeleteI also have an alter, but it's reserved for Plebeians, whores, and perverts; because apparently I WORSHIP them every time I drink a Diet Coke.
Viva La Resistance!!!
You just wanted ONE picture? Oh, ok. I'll take the others of you down...
ReplyDeleteWords: My problem with regular soda is it's too syrupy and sweet. And yes, heavy. But Coke zero is a less sweet version of regular coke so it's ok. Not Pepsi good but not bad. :)
ReplyDeleteJessica: No. No no no. Salty goat balls are nothing like my Diet Pepsi. Diet Coke yes, sure. But not Pepsi. You go on with your bad self pervert. :)
Jules: Whatever blows your hair back, girl. Up to you.
I'm waiting until after the big test to indulge in a White Russian. I even stopped drinking red wine so I can focus on studying... which I am obviously not doing right now.
ReplyDeletePS Yes, Pepsi all the way. However I stopped drinking soda because I drank so much of it back in my freshman year of college (they hid the juice machines but the soda dispensers where EVERYWHERE in the dining halls) that I got cavities.
Ah miss P. One needs a little nightcap after all that studying though. A nice White Russian would slip down nicely after a well deserved information cram. It's about moderation until you're done then you can go wild. But a little won't hurt.
ReplyDeleteI drink water all the time. Occassionally I treat myself to a hot chocolate, but otherwise I'm H2O all the way. No idea why. I just crave water. Bizarre. And I've been a wateraholic for about 21 years.
ReplyDeleteI credit H2O for making me look younger than my little brother and sister (heh heh heh) - my little sister was once mistaken for my mother! HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Ahhhhh, glorious sibling rivalry bliss, how I love thee!
See, water does a body good.
Btw, you've been linked on my blog today. I'm all over your COCK, baby! :-)
I'm a Diet Dr. Pepper gal myself. I'm addicted. I have withdrawals sometimes. Malibu....great girly drink.
ReplyDeleteCora: You healthy minx! I need to be like that. But I can't give up my Diet Pepsi. I can't. It would be CRIMINAL.
ReplyDeletePeachy: I used to have Diet Dr. Pepper sometimes for a change at work, and I do think it tastes amazing for a diet drink, but I'm not a big Pepper fan. Too much like Cherry coke and I can't drink much of that either. :)
Malibu ... sweet, sweet Malibu.
ReplyDeleteAnd then there's Pimms. Lovely, motherly Pimms. Can there be life without them?
No.
You dilute your liquors with 7Up or Sprite?
ReplyDeleteRemember your roots!
Irn Bru all the way!
thank for finally defining the idea of the milkshake for me - to imagine i would just continue to wander through life not knowing is just dreadful.
ReplyDeletei'm totally serious.
and really high :)
Mel: OMG PIMMS! I had a bottle over Christmas and was in heaven. Pimms is my precious. NOMNOMNOM.
ReplyDeleteRich: Haha, you can buy coolers made from Irn Bru you know. Whisky based or vodka based. IB is sacred though, and should not be tarnished by alcohol. Ice is the only addition necessary.
Joey: High on life of course! I think there MIGHT be milk in a milkshake as well but I could be wrong. I know I'm usually never wrong but still, it does happen. :)
I hate drinking water - I do it cause I should like taking medicine - I'm a tea fiend, that or G&T.
ReplyDeleteJust realised how frightfully English that makes me sound.
You know miss Lulu, I like a G&T myself on occasion. I feel so frightfully posh when I have one. I'm not a huge gin person and I dislike tonic yet together they are somewhat perfect! :)
ReplyDelete"Diet Coke steals all your money and tries to sell sex tapes of you to the National Enquirer". And that's exactly what Paris Hilton said when that sex tape of her leaked out.
ReplyDelete