The last couple of days I've been a wholly un-caffeinated mess, since the coffee maker decided it no longer wished to provide me with my life-inducing morning coffee, for no reason other than it is an asshole. Thing isn't even a year old, it was just like, "Oh did you want coffee? Sucks to be you."
Eat a bag of dicks, Oster coffee maker.
So I'm sitting here cursing to myself and waiting for the nice courier man from Amazon to bring me a new one sometime today because Amazon Prime is awesome. And I'm un-caffeinated, I may have mentioned it. It's not pretty. I've been talking to inanimate objects and cursing at my plants.
I could drive the mile or so to Starbucks (let's face it, I could walk but hell, I'm too lazy today to even contemplate that, and my knee hurts probably because it requires caffeine to function) but the Purolator guy's sure to show up the second I leave the house and that would mean me being un-caffeinated for another day and it's for the absolute benefit of humankind that that does not happen.
It sort of takes the shine off of getting up in the morning when there's no delicious, fragrant cup of "awake juice" waiting for me and making the kitchen smell like heaven. Sigh.
I know, it's just hard to be me.
I also realized yesterday that I've lived 100 feet from the ocean for almost a year now and I've still yet to put my feet in it. What the hell? How are you guys today?
Tuesday, June 21, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Here's the What What
So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...
-
Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 - the wee small hours of insomnia Religion. It's all around us. And it's killing us in record num...
-
You know what? Swearing's a fine tool to have in your arsenal, and Lord knows it's my favourite power tool of all - even better tha...
-
Tuesday, April 19th, 2011 – achey breaky knee, Tonka Bean chocolate is good, digging plaid Hi! Yes you! Remember me? I sometimes post n...
Even with coffee I’m a mess right now. My fine motor skills are totally out of whack and has been for days. On my last job, it would have meant bloodshed, right now it mostly means I tip things over and drop knives and saws on my feet. I mostly keep to myself in bed, in what I officially will call “being cautious” when it really means “I have nowhere to be and I like my bed so I’m gonna lie around in it more than recommended while also not dropping sharp things on my limbs”. Yes. That’s life around here right now.
ReplyDeleteIt sort of sounds uncomplicated and soothing. Apart from the dropping stuff on your feet and all that. But the bed stuff! :) I have coffee now (Thanks Amazon!) so I know longer want to impale people who try to park in my parking space. Okay, maybe I still do. I just don't seriously consider it... Tell your motor skills to stop being assholes!
ReplyDeleteI sometimes decaffeinate myself, and it's awful. Headaches. Excessive sleep. It happens when I don't buy pop grocery shopping (Cora and I have a standing Friday grocery date, because we are fab like that), and Sunday rolls around and I don't have too much blood in my caffeine system.
ReplyDeleteGet a good coffee travel mug and enjoy your coffee with ocean.
ReplyDeleteI'm low tech on my strong black coffee - simple French press. Yeah it's a little messy cleaning up but I got used to it.
Scope: Haha! I hope your caffeine stream holds up with all that blood. Me, I will do pretty much anything to avoid grocery shopping, but as I do have to eat and well...buy coffee, I have to do it, therefore, I do it at 10pm when the store's dead and I can shop fast and in peace. Also at 10pm the good stuff (cake!) is half price. God, I hate grocery shopping. I usually bribe myself with a treat because otherwise what is the point?
ReplyDeleteLisle: Nothing wrong with a French press - I used one myself for years! I too drink mine strong and black and one day I will get the ultimate espresso machine and make PROPER coffee fit for a queen. Till then I suppose my filter machine will suffice. Yes, it arrived today and I tested it right away. To make sure it worked, you understand.
Breakfast for me consists of coffee & other stuff that's not coffee. That's how important coffee is to me. I can't even imagine having to go through a day without it. You are in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteVINNY: thanks man,I knew I could count on your support. I have coffee today, so disaster was averted. Mankind does not know how close a call it was.
ReplyDeleteI have yet to be kidnapped and held hostage by caffeine. My master is sugar.
ReplyDelete