Friday, June 3, 2016

Blast From The Past

Some days you just have nostalgia in your bones and I'm a firm believer that it has to come out.

To get it out of me, I created a rocking nineties playlist and I've been playing it in the car all week while bopping my head around like an idiot, while young people I passed probably thought "what IS that shit?".

Every single song seems to take me back to a time and a place or a person or a memory of being young and free, of meeting odd people, of travelling, and playing in a band, late night recordings and staying up all night dancing and drinking.

To be honest I'm tired just thinking about it.

There's even a U2 song on the list and well...don't tell anyone. I am so ashamed.


Me in the '90s. Man, I loved that 1960s' suede jacket.

Have a fun weekend. :)

10 comments:

  1. Memories are the great extras you get with good music. As you might tell from my blog I enjoy oldies. However I enjoy most of the good songs by the Police (that's mostly 80's I think), U2 (80-90's), REM. I've even listened to Dave Matthews songs more than once. After a few listens his songs do start to sound the same. One of my favorite artist was big in the 90's - Sheryl Crow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were such a cutie during the 90’s! Also, NO PERM! Good on ya! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisle: I have trouble believing stuff from my teens and twenties are considered oldies. :)

    WYNN: haha I was a geeky little hipster kid back then before boring stuff like jobs came along. I suppose I'm just an older hipster kid now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oldies become oldies even quicker now. Someday (if not already) there will be flash mob oldies.
    Back in March I wrote a post about oldies
    http://afcsoac.blogspot.com/2016/03/oldie-stationary.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the 90s so darn much. Most of the time I can't even bring myself to reminisce because the memories are so wonderful. And I'm one of those people who firmly believe the best music ever was written in the 90s, I know every other generation says their music was the best, but quite simply they're all wrong. And honestly, what is that shit being produced now. Also, everyone get off my lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 90s was good. I like 90s grunge music. A little Nirvana....yada yada. LOL. You are cute as a button. And you had a much better hair style than I did in the 90s.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Momma: Oh hell yes, I liked me some Nirvana too and some grunge and some obscure indie rock and pop. I believe I had an overgrown bob that I was too lazy to cut and just tied it up. :) That sixties jacket though, man I loved that thing TO DEATH. Got it at a flea market somewhere. Don't know what happened to it. I wore it for years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know exactly what you mean about music. I can relate almost every event (and time period) in my life to what music I was listening to at the time. Back in the nineties, I had a second job performing as a "Human Directional." I've never been a big fan of U2, but I did have one of their songs (Where the Streets Have no Names" on the tape I listened to while working. It had a great beat to it, and was easy to dance around to.

    What is a human directional, you ask?
    http://patricktillett.blogspot.com/2010/03/human-directionals.html

    If you go to the link, don't bother commenting. None of those who commented are around these days, so I think I'll repost it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Look at you! You're so freaking CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pat: wow you really have had quite the life. I'm going to go read the post after I post this because I must know! As for music, it's been a constant in my life since I was a baby and my mum used to play all her favourite musical soundtracks like 'the sound of music'. The first song I remember and still love to this day was, 'something stupid' by Frank and Nancy Sinatra as my mum or dad played it a lot when I was little on an old 45. I loved all the oldies as a kid! Sometimes I play that stuff on my guitar now. Usually when wine is involved. :)

    Cora: Shut up! I was so geeky looking. Like a little strawberry blonde pixie. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your rhythm stick.

Here's the What What

So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...