Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Why So Serious?

Tuesday, April 5th, 2011 – later, better, mellower

You guys, seriously. Things are way better now. Less crank. And less back ache, thanks to some concentrated Ibuprofen and the aforementioned magical properties of coffee. I feel like I really might have just discovered the magic cocktail for total world peace and ecstatic well being. I am your new God, worship me!

Plus I’m sitting at home in my most comfy slippers and sweatpants, putting off getting dressed - the royal blue ones I got from Marks and Spencer, with the ultra soft interiors made from the downy hair of newborn kittens or something, that I got for lumbering crazily on the treadmill, but winded up enjoying way more while lounging around at night in weird positions while watching movies or writing blog entries and leaving my old beaten up sweatpants for actually sweating in. I’m cozy. All is well. There’s no need to tread on eggshells anymore, we can all be joyous and happy now. The lion is tamed.

Do you know I haven’t eaten any chocolate in two weeks? Because I haven’t. Stick that in your bong and smoke it. No chocolate, no cake, no cookies. I know, right, I don’t see a flying pig either but there you go. It’s possible the moon is blue this morning or like…Sarah Palin might have said something that made sense, but I doubt it.

 Now I’m not even craving chocolate anymore. I’ve been all about the clementines and the pineapple and the bananas and okay, I still ate some chips, I mean the world isn’t ending or anything. I took my temperature (oral not rectal, I’m not WEIRD) and I seem to be okay. Although I have to point out that maybe the lack of chocolate is responsible for the rise in crank, as witnessed yesterday? See, it’s all making sense… I’d make a graph to illustrate this but honestly? I can’t be bothered. It’s too early. Use your imagination.

I did some running on the treadmill on Sunday. It’s been a while and my running shoes rubbed a blister on my heel, meaning I had to finish my run in my socks. You ought to try running in socks. It’s an ordeal of monstrous proportions. Your calves pull and hurt and make you say bad words and when you wake up in the morning you find that you walk like you drank several G and Ts and went ahead and wedged a cactus up your ass. Coupled with the back muscle thing from sleeping strangely and, well… That’s a recipe for a person who looks not of this planet when you see them waddling down the street, grimacing and talking to themselves in a demented manner.

One more thing. I finally tried ‘Disaronno’ and now I feel sort of shitty that for the last two years I’ve been calling it “Douchearonno” because their commercials suck some salty balls and are full of the sort of people you’d like to bludgeon repeatedly with a mallet. I wasn’t even sure what it was and as the ads were so nasty I never bothered finding out. Turns out it’s pretty much what heaven would taste like if you could bottle it – i.e., pretty sweet and tasty. It’s sort of just a fancy name for Amaretto. And anything that tastes like liquid marzipan, gives you a buzz AND you can drink straight up with ice, without making a lemon face, has to be good, right? And it is.

And I think that’s an appropriate place to call this a day, don’t you?

69 comments:

  1. No chocolate goodness in some time eh? If I do that I might actually morph into half flying monkey/half Cybil with a side of mania. And I totally forgot about those "sex-in-a-bottle" ads. Good stuff. Here's to a better day. More sex in a bottle. And good fuzzy comfy pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See I didn't deliberately not eat the chocolate - I just didn't. And now I'm aware of it I'm expecting to WANT chocolate. Although so far so good. Still no chocolate. Yay. They should totally rename "Disaronno", "Sex in a Bottle". I'd buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now look here Vegetable Assassin, I know you and I normally see eye to eye on most matters, but that bartender in the Disaronno ads is HOT!!! In fact, everytime I see one I think to myself, "MMM! I would drink up whatEVER you were serving me." But alas, I've always been comfy/cozy on my couch and have never actually tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, I'm completely going to pretend I didn't hear that and put it down to newlywednes screwing with your sensibilities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liquid marzipan?! Holy hell! How come this is the first time anyone has mentioned this to me?!?!

    On a semi-related note, I actually had this conversation with my daughter the other day regarding all the many, many, many reasons she hates visiting her dad's house:

    G (crying her face off): "....he's mean, he's scary, he's mad at me all the time, he screams at me, he throws the furniture, he hates everybody, the other kids are a pain, no-one there thinks farts are funny, and they all think marzipan is gross! I HATE IT THERE!!"

    Me: "What? How can anyone think marzipan is gross?!"

    G: "I KNOW! IT'S AWESOME! *bawling*"

    Me: "And they don't think farts are funny?!"

    G: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *sobbing*"

    Me: "Weird."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lemon face? I must be drinking too much whiskey. No faces.

    I will now commence with the nightmares of JokerCat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cora: I know! Only a moron would hate marzipan. Although I know someone who's lovely and hates it. And my dad always despised it too. Me, I love it with all my heart. Mmmmmmm yeah.

    Joshua: Hahaha, I don't see why I should be the only one suffering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jesus WEPT woman! I had no problem with the boobs but that fucking cat will haunt me in my dreams. Yaagghh. Fuck.

    So what's with the chocolate fast? Is it a Lent thing? Because I know what a devout Catholic you are.

    Amen and out.

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha, yes, I am devout. Actually it wasn't deliberate but since I've gone this far my obtuse side wants to push it as far as I can. We'll see. Maybe jokercat will put me off food altogether as I'll be too busy being terrified.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I gave up sugar free chocolate for lent. Not pretty.

    I think sucking salty balls deems "doucherano" a try. Yes?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! The chick sucking the ice cube? I've been mocking that one for years. :-) Glad to know I'm in good company.

    I myself quit smoking nine weeks and two days ago (like I'm counting) and was pretty sure that it was a sign of some sort, but if you've stopped with the chocolate, then perhaps there's more going on here than we are privy to. You have a puzzle piece, I have a puzzle piece... The mind. She boggles.

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't eaten chocolate in forever, either. Unless you count the chocolate-chip muffin I had this morning. And the cake from last night. And the Hershey bar I'm fondling right now between my cheek and gum.

    Other than that, it's been forever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Candy: Haha maybe! It's way better than salty balls (I IMAGINE!). Honestly, stuff tastes good. I was almost disappointed.

    Pearl: Oh no! It's some global conspiracy of sorts, making us give up enjoyable vices in order to engineer a race of super human ladies to take over the world, ninja style. :)

    Moooooog: Dude, I'd never count THOSE. As if! You're a lean, mean, chocolate boycotting machine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Disaronno rocks. I love it. I have a third of a bottle left right now. I got it for Christmas. I've been pacing myself to make it last!

    ReplyDelete
  15. See you could have told me this sooner, Eva. Honestly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought that stuff was made from the collected tears of douchebag metrosexuals, but now that I know it's not, I'm totally trying it.

    And dude, not even Cadbury Cream Eggs? Those are only like, half chocolate. Half something else that resembles sperm frosting, but is really really good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well except now, I'm going to be thinking that every time I eat one so THANKS A BUNCH. Actually no, nothing could ruin creme eggs for me. RELEASE THAT GOO! As for Disaronno, I agree! I thought the same. But it is tasty. Sweet, but tasty. Try it. They can still be douchebags, we'll keep it our secret.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL douchearonno. And what exactly is "manroot"? Nevermind. I'm only gonna think it's a penis no matter what anyone says anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's whatever you want it to be. Especially a penis. OK? OK. WEIRDO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. ummm...this comment might get me banned off your blog forever, but here it goes - I don't like most chocolate (I like dark chocolate) and I rarely eat it. It actually gives me headaches.

    It's okay if you don't like me, most of my friends (and hubby) think I'm alien because I don't. I'm used to the discrimination.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how you said that like I didn't already know you were a freak. We all have our weirdness, dude, yours is just a little extreme. :) Plus all the more chocolate for the rest of us. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Disaronno is great, but it's also a gateway drink for aspiring alcoholics. Next thing you know, you'll be mixing it with club soda and filling your water bottle with it before you go to the gym. Don't say I didn't warn ya...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Let's get serious here for a moment, man. Why would I do something like that when gin is sufficient for a gym pick me up? :) I'M JOKING!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Alright. I'll try you, Disaronno. You win. THIS TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  25. But only in the name of experimentation right? We refuse to continue drinking it unless the commercials cease the art of douchebaggery.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Glad you are feeling a bit better, although I have to admit, your bad-ass cranky posts are damn hilarious. As for the Disaronno ads, yeah they are pretty awful. They must be made by the same people who make the ads for Bailey's and Captain Morgan's. The only booze ads I like are the "I-am-Canadian" beer ads. They really have the hockey-watching, flannel-wearing, 'eh'-spouting canuck stereotype down to a T. Go Canada! - G

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey you, stop laughing at the crankiness. :) Yeah all those drinks commercials suck. The Captain Morgan's ones are horrible and make me want to punch things - usually frat boys in ads who think they're cool with their leg in the air. ASSHOLES.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What? Not even one little Cadbury's mini egg? I suspect you lie, missus! Unless you've finally gone stark starring mad from all that insomnia...that or the end of the world is nigh!
    Disaronno... I may just have to try that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Not even a mini egg. SO there. I may have gone stark raving mad though. I mean, why would today be any different?

    ReplyDelete
  30. I can't believe you took off your shoes and kept running. Psssh. No thanks.

    That being said...I finish while wearing socks on a regular basis.

    Ok...not so regular. But it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  31. It kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it, why our feet don't have built in little wedges or something. :) But no. SO FLAT!

    ReplyDelete
  32. The blister from the shoes was God's way of saying "Hey...veggie. Stop running. No one is running after you with an axe. So here's a blister to make you stop."

    ReplyDelete
  33. "Hey Veggie, you'd rather be eating chocolate, surely!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Glad things are looking up. I'd like to say I was worried about you, but I didn't get around to reading your post yesterday... I'm a shitty blog friend, I know. But hey, at least I can admit it. Love Joker Kitty... I'll have to try some DiSaronno... I can steal some from my dad...

    ReplyDelete
  35. I always wondered what that stuff tasted like but figured it must be gross based on the commercials. Now I'm sort of thinking I should give it a go. ...Oh, and thank you for adding a new entry into my word perv phraseology. Manroot. I like it. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  36. If you held a gun to my head and said choose between chocolate and booze, I would probably scream out take my wife and son!

    Yeah, I am an addicted idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Salti: DO IT. You WILL thank me. :)

    Empress: Well if I've accomplished nothing else today, I've accomplished that! :) Yeah judging by the commercials Disaronno looks like it would taste of Old Spice and desperation, however, it's quite tasty.

    Skypop: And here's me NOT blaming you one bit. I mean that's a difficult decision but some things are just sacred you know?

    ReplyDelete
  38. Tehehehe. Aww, I needed the laugh today, needed the laught.

    Can you send me some comfy sweats too? Since apparently they're instrumental to the curing of the grumpy times?

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sometimes (frequently) I do the elliptical in flip flops. Especially in hotels in the winter. (Yes, I actually pack them.) It makes me feel like it's summer and I'm hiking. Except that it's really great hiking where I get the nature view out the window but I also get to read smutty celebrity gossip in the magazines I steal from the plane.

    I don't know, though. Running in socks sounds weird.

    ReplyDelete
  40. C: I would, but I just shaved my legs and they feel SO GOOD against my skin now I'm out of my day clothes that I couldn't part with them. But I'll send you some MENTAL sweats, how's that.

    Muffin: It IS weird! And hard. But enough of that, share the smut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. nice ending - glad the ice cube doesn't have sweat on it.

    ReplyDelete
  42. How do you know it DOESN'T? Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  43. You may not know this but running in socks is the new thing except they are made of rubber and have a place for your toes..See you are up on the runners newest trend! What a gal!!

    Technically humans were meant to run on the ball of the foot rather than the heel. We are screwing up our knees and legs by wearing high end tennis shoes when all it takes is five finger toe shoes....

    There you go a little FYI now aren't you glad I stopped by??

    ReplyDelete
  44. suck some salty balls?

    ewww..

    i actually made a face when I read that.

    ReplyDelete
  45. wtf- you've NEVER had disaronno???

    it's like i don't even know you.

    btw- i've given up wearing sweatpants around the house. that's right. i've come to the realization that there's a time and a place and 24/7 everywhere isn't it. now i just wear jeans and don't bother to button or zip.

    what. i need to be able to breathe, alright.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh man. I love that cat picture. But who would be desperate enough to paint a smiley face on their cat? Obviously they're not getting enough lovin' from some furry friend.

    Instead of drinking for a fun time, I think Ambien does the same thing. With no side effects...

    ReplyDelete
  47. I wouldn't want to put chocolate in my bong even if I owned a bong. Mainy because I don't know how a bong even works and I went to college! Embarrassing.

    You should have just said "Try running". I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Saimi: I certainly am, because now I'm trendy, not just weird. Thankfully my running shoes are not high end, just some comfy assed Saucony Jazz retro style sneakers that I've had for about ten years. :)

    Rita: Hahaha, then my work here is done.

    YLIDHAG: (hee, that ends in "hag") NO I never had it till last week. Sue me hip LA woman. You're right about the sweatpants. I only wear them to a) exercise or b) at night after dinner while I'm lounging around painting or computering. Absolutely no outdoor stuff. Hell no.

    Shanimal: Haha I know, I like to think it's a photoshopped pic and someone wouldn't actually do that because then I'd have to kick their ass, if the cat doesn't kill them in their sleep first, out of revenge. PS I love Ambien. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Rahul: Sadly so did I and I never experienced a bong either. I didn't even smoke a cigarette for fuck's sake, I wouldn't know what to do with suspicious substances in a giant glass pipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. No chocolate AND a new drink? Are you sure you took the temperature in the right cavity? :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. The first time I ever tried Disaronno I loved it so much I nearly drank the whole damn bottle. It just goes down so easy and yummily! This, however, was a mistake. I couldn't drink it again for almost two years. Those were two very terrible years, but thankfully I can now drink heaven again - in moderation. Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  52. LOL. Yes. I can see how it would also be pretty sickly if you drank a lot of it as it's so sweet, but my god, it's delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Tequila never makes me fellate ice cubes. Well, not twice anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  54. You hussy. Now about the first time...

    ReplyDelete
  55. I've never tried disaronno but now I have to. Nice product review. You should get paid for that.. or a least a free bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hey, yes I should! Although I'm not sure how they'd feel about the whole "doucheronno" thing. :) If you like marzipan and you like liqueurs you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Douchearonno is being sold here! You do know that I have to buy it now just so I can have a bottle of Douchearonno at home.

    ReplyDelete
  58. GET SOME! It's like a liquid cake. OK that doesn't sound all that great but seriously, yum. Unless you are one of those freaks that hate marzipan then maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Ah shit, I know what my white cat is being for halloween next year!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Hahaha, photos will be required! :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. DS is ok, but I might suggest this one?

    BTW, their recipes look scary though, watermelon with it? Ugh.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  62. No chocolate?

    I'm calling bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I think DS might be the trashy version of that. :) I bet their ads don't have chicks sucking ice cubes while leering at a bartender.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I think I've done that peering out the window at someone in the city at night w/my lights off.

    ReplyDelete
  65. How did I find you? Your posts are hilarious. My worst night are always with beer, so much so that I suspect I am allergic to it. Now I know where all the exams went at Uni, results of an allergy, not lack of swatting. PLus just looked at your art which is amazing. Great brushstrokes, very painterly. if you can paint like that, the bud is working!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Says the bartender 'yeah yeah missy, less leering and more sucking'.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Holy shit. I thought we killed that cat?
    Said cat being "Miss Piggy". The satanic cat from the bowels of Sarah P's womb. The same cat, that as a child I was forced to share a basement bedroom with after my aunt abandoned her with us.

    Now not only do I need chocolate, but likely both Budweiser AND douchearonno. I'll take the cactus up the ass as a chaser. Anything to get that catty visual scrubbed from my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Ally: Well I hope so. I mean what's life without curiosity huh?

    Last Weekend: Allergic to beer huh? Just because it makes you thirsty and makes you fall over doesn't make you allergic now, Weekend. Wink. Thank you for the compliments, you can stay. :)

    Eric: HAHAHA! Dirty beast. Dirty Douchearonno.

    Chef: Poor cat! MISUNDERSTOOD. Of course I never want to meet a real cat who looks like the Joker. That means it's time to put down the bottle.

    ReplyDelete

Here's the What What

So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...