Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Short, Random, Good Smelling Things

Tuesday, May 25th, 2010
Random Thing 1: Woe is my crampy lady belly. Holy crap, it’s like Mother Nature put a porcupine in my tubes while I was asleep and told it to find its own way out. All because Eve ate that stupid apple. Or something.

Random Thing 2: Today, since ‘Bath and Body Works’ were out of my sacred, signature Black Raspberry Vanilla body cream (seriously, WTF, how am I to continue smelling like the Queen of All Awesome Things without that?!) I had to content myself by buying something from their new Summer Vanillas range – namely the apricot body lotion which smells so good on, I might shut myself in a closet and lick myself later. I might have to get the lemon one too, sometime. I’m a fruity gal, what can I tell you? I smell goddamn delicious.

Random Thing 3: I have to confess something. Usually, I’d keep such a shameful admission to myself but I have to come right out and say it. I love “Wipeout”. I know, I know, I’m an avid game-show hater but that show just hits me right in my funny bone. You might say it gives me a funny boner (you might not). Really it’s all about the Big Balls. The Big Balls are the tits (so to speak). You can’t sit there straight-faced and tell me seriously that grown-up people of all ages, sizes and ethnicities, aren’t effing hilarious when covered in mud and being bounced mercilessly into icy water, off of gigantic red, wobbly balls. Don’t even try. You can’t. If you want to see what I’m talking about GO HERE. You laughed, right? Of course you did. Or else you’re dead.

Random Thing 4: “Lost” is over, I’m in mourning, Tuesday nights are a void not even “Glee” can fill (Is it just me or has “Glee” lost some of its sizzle after that three month hiatus it had in the winter?) For those of you who asked, yes I did like the ending to “Lost” – even more now than I did when I first watched it on Sunday, when I loved the island part of the ending but frowned a bit and thought “Seriously?” at the sideways part of things – but I think once I thought about it and figured out what was what, properly, I approve!

Don’t go discussing it in the comments though, I know a couple of people are watching it from the start who haven’t seen the show before, so you know….don’t be an asshole. That’s my job.

Random Thing 5: I have a new friend. His name is Lefty and he’s a cow, in a stylin’ necklace (supplied by some little Mexican guy on a beach – don’t ask). 

Now some may say, “Wow, Veg. He’s a freaking COW therefore, do you think maybe, he might be a SHE?” And to that I reply, “Bite my bum, I make the rules because I am my own Jacob and this is MY island.” (See? That was totally a “Lost” joke. I’m topical.) Besides he has horns. Men are horny. That’s how it goes.

On that fascinating note, I’m going now to have a beer. Goodnight.

54 comments:

  1. I needed this right about now, so thanks---and also, I named the kittens after Lost characters, so ... relevance, for the win. Yay, I tied my comment into your topic. Sort of. Or not at all. Shoot me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Wipeout too. I really do. Much more than I like lost. But don't tell anyone because I like to pretend I'm a tv snob and that I don't watch any reality/game shows. And I really don't... except for when my roomie tivos them and I can watch them in my room and pretend I'm asleep.


    Also Fuck Bath and Body works for not having your scent. But leave it to them to make you lick your own body. I did that just this weekend with a new stress reliever lemon something or another that my sister had from there that I ganked from her.

    Your cow? She's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU!! I'm so glad someone else is as pissed at Eve as I am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading about the way your skin smells made me hungry. Hm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on "Wipeout"...it's all about the Big Balls :-)

    Lefty is cute, and clearly comfortable with his feminine side ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have the last season of "Lost" airing today. Yea, you totally wanted to know that!

    I love that little cow! Actually I came across some black on white kitties lately (because obviously I read more cat blogs than human ones) and guess what they're called! Cow Kitties! No, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, you guys. I just had a bad dream and got up to shake it off and you all had come out late and left me comments. Yay!

    Inky: Haha, what are the kittens called? I bet one is Locke. I hope!

    Carissa: I know, Wipeout is pee your pants funny because people wiping out is automatically hilarious in my book. One day I'm going to get drunk and watch it then I bet it's off the hook funny. Like scary funny!

    Amy's obviously smart thoughts: YES! Damn woman and her will power! Actually, her will power is like mine with cake. This is why I do not buy or bake cake if I can think of a way to prevent myself. Once you have the cake, you must eat the cake.

    Hannah: Hahaha, it's the universe telling you to eat, woman, eat! Mmmm, apricots!

    Nat: The big balls are a gift from the heavens. I'd actually really like to try them myself. It looks like supreme level fun. And Lefty says "Hi, girlfriend!"

    Reenie-Mo: Ha! Then there'll be no spoiling it for you. Because it would be wrong. As for the cow kitties, awwwww! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lefty is adorable!

    And you should probably come out of the closet for an hour a day for some sunlight. And to eat cake.

    AND check to see if that lotion is toxic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am totally in agreement that "Glee" isn't as good since its hiatus. I can't put my finger on why though. Maybe it's just because I hate when shows take a break midway through so I'm holding it against the show itself...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Wipeout and Lost and today in my post I'm also talking about a stuffed cow.

    Bull, actually. But whatever.

    The point is that I think we may be brethren.

    Big Balls.

    Yes. That seals it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously? Is Wipeout still on TV? I had no idea! Oooooooh, I can't wait to tell my kid!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I smell like frosted cherrios.

    I'm so glad Lost is over. I know you guys love it, but gawd! All the yapping about it.

    I only watched one episode from the first season of Glee. I've watched all of them for this season and I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are going to be a whole lotta easier to understand once the memory of this 'Lost' thing you keep talking about has faded.

    Are you finished with that beer yet?

    ReplyDelete
  14. No idea what Wipeout is! Must not be known on the other side of the Pond...

    If that's a COW then by definition it's a SHE!!! Otherwise you've got a BULL! But you might not want to call him that in case he's full of shit? :p (sorry, I had to go there!)

    I liked the end of Lost right off the bat, but am planning on re-watching it to let it sink in a bit more (thx for stopping by and commenting on that btw!)

    And I HATE it when stores no longer stock the product I regularly use! Or worse... when it's no longer made! argh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great, now I have to go to bath and body works and get that apricot lotion and also buy 50 wallflowers because I have a weird addiction to them and it's been 6 months since I've bought any and you are totally making me fall off the smelly stuff wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. beer = yum. Lefty = adorable.

    And thankfully you meant the show Wipeout which I have no idea which show that is and NOT the Fat Boys/Beach Boys remake of the song. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Wipeout more than I care to admit! I sit and laugh out loud at the people getting mauled by the sweeper arm, and think to myself it must take about an hour to sign all of the release forms to get on that show.

    I liked the awakening parts of the Lost finale, but I was left going to bed thinking "What the hell just happened"?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Um, Glee gained some sizzle. His name is Jonathan Groff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the Raspberry Vanilla, too! We have so much in common :p

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just saying Hi! Hope your lady belly is better. Eat cake.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jules: I know. It might explain a lot about me. All that lotion licking....poison.

    P: I know, it just hasn't. I mean it's still good and I still enjoy it but I don't know...it just lost something. And the midway break thing is dumb. I mean WTF? That's what the END of the season is for, surely?

    Moooooog: That's the scariest thing I've heard all day. Honestly. I'm terrified already.

    Cora: They were reruns so I don't know, but either way, it never really gets old. :)

    Ms. OWO: Hahaha, only because you don't watch it or you'd understand. You have to talk about it to clear your head! "Glee" is easy to understand at least. Stick to that for now I say. Haha.

    Eric: I'm finished with a beer in about ten seconds, Tex. I mean business.

    Cris: I think it's called "Total Wipeout" in the UK so you might get that version, or maybe not because you might have more class on the continent. :)

    Miss Y: I am good for ages then suddenly I must be fragrant and so I have to acquire some new stinks to attach to myself. But my, that apricot is so good I could smell it on me all night long. They have lemon and coconut and berry too. I want them ALL. ALL.

    Jenny: Yes, thanks for getting THAT stuck in my head now. Grrr. First the sea salt caramel brownies thing won't leave my noggin now this. You are evil.

    Skyler's Pop: The sweeper arm is pretty funny too. And those planks that hit you in the face when you run on them. And the big balls' motivator. There is nothing funnier than someone being "motivated" onto the big balls. Nothing.

    Beck: I wondered what you'd have to say. Just because it hosts another cute gay boy doesn't make it necessarily better, Lusty McLusterson. Unless you're you of course. Then you know, all bets are off.

    Red: It's awesome. It has the most pleasing smell. I have to wait a week now till they get it in again. Woe is me. Thankfully I have the eau de toilette... :)

    CDP: Thank you ma'am. My lady belly is doing ok today. I've stopped cursing at it anyway. It's stopped stabbing me. A trade off you might say. Always lovely to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG, my crazy fucking ex boyfriend who's the most giant toolshed in the entire world was on that show!!! Can I even tell you how OVERJOYED I was when I saw him get repeatedly punched in the nuts!!!

    Best. Moment. EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hahahaha, dude. Hilarious. Was it those boxing glove things that come out the wall? Whatever it was, I bet you laughed your ass off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What with that nose, I can just picture Lefty saying "These snozzberries taste like SNOZZBERRIES!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  25. You call yourself a "lady" (or at least, the owner of a lady belly, which unless I'm greatly mistaken, which, let's face it, I might well be, given my track record) and yet you're having a beer without me?

    Porcupine.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Li: Hahaha! Strangely enough he just SAID THAT VERY THING! He is a big Roald Dahl fan though. Plus usually he's saying "Kiss my snozberries, woman!"

    Mo: I'm so sorry. I couldn't help it. You weren't here so I had no choice. I was drowning my sorrows, truly.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Uh, boy cows don't have pink noses? Shows you what I know! (What color ARE they?)
    PS- Luvre me some B&BW. I must check out this new vanilla line you speak of.
    PPS- Now I am off to check out your pal LiLu since she is cool enough to rock a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ref.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Not sure if it'll work across the pond but here's something to cheer you up

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00sj713/The_Scheme_Episode_1/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Robin: Well, boy cows MIGHT have pink noses. I think they're also called "bulls". :)

    Dreich: Stupid BBC making their UK only iplayer to taunt me. But I'm going to pretend I saw it and say "Wow, that was awesome!"

    ReplyDelete
  30. I agree Lost has put quite a void where my heart should be. Also, Glee has lost some considerable sizzle. Although I thought the Lady Gaga episode brought some of it back.

    I'm a sensual amber bitch myself. Because I know you are dying to know.

    ReplyDelete
  31. My dear girl, I'd have read this post for the title alone. Excellent.

    I've no idea what Wipeout is so your safe from my potential sneers.

    Nice heifer.

    ReplyDelete
  32. i know! chuck was all, "isn't it weird that lost isn't on? like it's never gonna be on?" and then we both took another toke and were like, "woooooahhh, deep." it was surreal and shit.

    ps not really. but almost.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lola: I liked the Gaga episode best of all the season so far I think, since the return anyway. And yeah, the Amber smells divine! Oh, so many sweet scents, so little time!

    Jude: I believe in the UK it's "Total Wipeout" so you might have it in Ireland MAYBE... If not, you are missing big balls of fun. :)

    Becks: I know! I said out loud a dozen times Tuesday night, "There's no more Lost. What am I to do on Tuesdays?" and stood there forlorn looking...well....lost.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Youtube is your friend

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSQvIvfeQ3A&feature=related

    :p

    ReplyDelete
  35. Yes, I'm laughing my ass off now, D. That was SO UPLIFTING.

    Man, that's depressing. The sad thing is, you could find those people ANYWHERE.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great, cheered me up nicely. And I love 'Wipeout' at least the UK version. Reminds me of 'It's a Knockout' in its heyday.

    ReplyDelete
  37. You know, the two versions are pretty much identical just with different presenters and contestants. Same obstacles. And I was trying to explain "It's a Knockout" to someone just the other day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. 'It's a Knockout' you've brought back some bad old memories there.

    Cut back on the fruity cream already - I can smell you from here and am getting hungry

    ReplyDelete
  39. i still haven't got over Lost finishing... i feel like someone has removed my heart and replaced it with a stone... coz of course I know just how that feels ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lulu: Just don't be holding me down and licking me. I smell better than I taste I'm sure! :)

    ED: I know, I keep thinking, "No more Lost, what will I do?" which is very pathetic and quite sad. But honestly. No more Lost. It might be ten years before another show I like that much appears. It might never happen. Sob.

    ReplyDelete
  41. HA - I love Wipeout. I can sit there and laugh every time over someone bouncing off the big balls.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Strangely enough, I could have predicted that! :) Because really, how could that NOT be funny?

    ReplyDelete
  43. Laughed my head off at the Wipeout clip - clearly I'm not dead! That's good news because there's half a cheesecake in the fridge which I intended to scoff this afternoon and being dead would have scuppered my plans...

    ReplyDelete
  44. Did I read this? I think I read this. Maybe? Hmmmm....Obviously last weeks duo of dentist torture has messed with my mind.
    You know, I really don't want to know how mother nature got a porcupine in your lady hosiery, but I believe she's been in mine too, that bitch gets around. And yes big red balls of bounciness are very humorous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. There's a meme awaiting you on my blog today involving telling uberridiculous lies. Enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Bite your bum? Do you own a hobo? Did he give you Lefty?

    ReplyDelete
  47. Glee came back strong after the break but the last couple eps have been a little thin. They need more Brittany, in my opinion.

    I love that little bull-cow. He looks soft and cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Muummmmeeee: Wipeout and cheesecake. What an afternoon you had. I say every day should be that much fun!

    Rusty: Haha, you are in the twilight zone, my friend. Dumb dentists messing with your realities. :)

    Cora: Oh, thank you ma'am! Is there really one out there I haven't done yet? Amazing.

    Patrick: I think that's three nos. But it would be much more interesting to say yes, yes and yes...

    Soda: Haha, Brittany is funny. And I still like Glee I just think it's less good than it was when it was in the first half.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I really think Lefty is very cute and would like to come to Connecticut and hang out with Beaker :-)...

    I don't watch Lost so I can comment all I want and make up my own ending like: 1) One of the guys stopped at a gas station and asked for directions;or 2) someone got a gps for Christmas - Ha...I crack myself up!

    Btw, I love Wipeout - My hubby and I always love the comments about the players.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wipeout was on the other night and we were forced to watch it because my son was red faced and lughing hysterically. After five seconds we were hooked. I get it.

    Glee...yeah, it has definitely lost a step since the hiatus, but I am still obsessed!! I think it all went down hill after the Madonna episode. cant top that.

    Lost? never saw one second of it. and I dont regret it a bit, thankyouverymuch.

    That cow is a cutie patootie. male female or otherwise.

    I'm off to bed now, nitey nite.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wipe out is from my generation and it's a great tune! The cow is cute and I can see why it's a favorite! Cows have horns by the way....

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hehehehe! Balls are funny!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  53. Wendy: Yes, ma'am!

    Little Ms. B: Yes he is and he would come hang out with Beaker except he doesn't want to be corrupted, thank you.

    Candy: It's so dumb it's funny. I mean watching people wipe out is just my favourite thing. So long as it's not me.

    Lucy & Dick: I'm not sure what the song's about but the show's good! As are cows. I like cows!

    Lesinfin: Hahaha. YES THEY ARE.

    ReplyDelete

Here's the What What

So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...