Well hey there!
One day I’m actually going to have something to say instead of updates on my well being, which I know you’re all on the edge of your seats about at all times. I mean, who wouldn’t be? I’m obviously of primo importance. It won’t be today though. Sorry.
My stupid cold, which I thought had disintegrated more than a week ago, decided to just relocate to my chest, so now as well as sniffling and sounding like I am living in a tunnel, I now appear to have coughed up a lung. I can feel it rattling around in there, looser than Lindsay Lohan’s knicker elastic. Each rasping rumble sounds like an evil quake surging forth from the core of the Earth.
And my rib cage feels like Jenna Jameson after she’s been pounded by Tito Ortiz. Take that in whichever manner you like, they all work. Holy shit, this is the cold that never dies.
The best part of it is that people look at you in horror in public, like you’re carrying that plague that causes humans to turn into zombies, in movies. They gather their whiny offspring and herd them away from the danger zone, worried eyes never leaving your red, spluttering face, as though tracking a wild animal, lest you suddenly spring up and eat the heads off of their babies. There’s really no need, people. For a start, WalMart has a McDonald’s. I always choose tasty, salty fries over baby heads, when presented with the choice.
Well except that one time. But really, that was the baby’s fault for looking so delicious and meaty.
At least for once I could stand proudly in line at the cashier and know I, with my lung rumbling, red nose and big, wet sneezes that shook the roof, was every bit as annoying as that shrieking kid behind me who didn’t want to get out of the cart.
Hey lady, why are you whipping out a face mask? Do you not savour breathing in my asbestos-ridden cough breath?
I consider my annoyance a small but satisfying victory. That and the fact WalMart has a pitiful cheese selection so I am forced to buy the best cheese there is, Armstrong – in a big, fuck off block of strong cheddar. It’s that or that plastic shit toddlers eat or that they put on movie nachos.
It’s also WalMart’s fault that after two fringeless years, I now have bangs again. I happened to pass a mirror as I was cart-bashing random, hyperactive toddlers out of the way, in my haste to get from the skincare aisle to the chocolate department (don’t stand in the way of a chocolate run, brats, especially by a lady fueled by evil and PMS!) and thought “Fuck me, it’s that wookie dude from ‘Star Wars’!” then realized, with defeated resignation that no. That is most definitely ME. So I went home and had a hot date with some scissors.
It’s all better now. Nothing to see here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Here's the What What
So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...
-
Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 - the wee small hours of insomnia Religion. It's all around us. And it's killing us in record num...
-
You know what? Swearing's a fine tool to have in your arsenal, and Lord knows it's my favourite power tool of all - even better tha...
-
Tuesday, April 19th, 2011 – achey breaky knee, Tonka Bean chocolate is good, digging plaid Hi! Yes you! Remember me? I sometimes post n...
You amuse me
ReplyDeleteGreatly.
That is all.
Things are boring today in En-ger-land, eh? It's ok. Here too.
ReplyDeleteBlood hell, woman....time you rid yourself of that plague! You are still very funny though, even when infected and infestated :-)
ReplyDeleteGet better....
I know! It won't go away. It keeps pretending to leave then "HI! I'M BACK! AND I'M MAKING YOU WHEEZE IN YOUR BOOBIES!" Gah.
ReplyDeleteGreat.
ReplyDeleteNow I want a fuck off block of cheddar.
I want to make a "You are cheesy enough" joke but I'm too phlegmy to comply. Properly.
ReplyDeletewere you breast fed as an infant? I only ask because my husband too gets these horribly congested colds from hell and my response to him is "that's what you get for not having been breast fed"
ReplyDeleteThats what makes us breast fed folks so much better than the rest of society.
But on a serious note: Hope u get better veg :)
You know, I don't think I was but I'm not sure.... I don't get them a lot but when I do, they make up for it. Hot damn. I haven't had a coughy chest cold in years though till now. You totally just wanted to say "breast".
ReplyDeleteWalmart is evil and should die. Target 4 Eva!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteA Jenna and Tito double entendre? I very much approve.
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon.
But...Linday Lohan doesn't wear knickers. Right?
ReplyDeleteGeeze...who the fuck gave you Ebola? Kill them. Then eat their children.
My part time medical degree allows me to diagnose you from afar, and since your cold went to your chest it is obviously a male cold. I hope this helps.
ReplyDeleteAnd who are these Jenna and Tito people? I have no idea.
Honest.
No really, stop looking at me like that.
Red: I agree. Target is the SHIZ. Do people say "the shiz" anymore or did I just come off like when your grandma says things like "bitchin'"?
ReplyDeleteHunter: Thank you! I dedicate Jenna and Tito just to you. :)
Ms. OWO: I know, I thought that myself. But on the occasion she does wear them, they're loose.
Skyler's Fathuh: Ho ho ho. A male cold indeed. :) And no, I have no idea who Jenna and Tito are either but Tito is one of my fave names ever. TITO! It's hilarious. It'd be even more hilarious if it were TITTO though...
*cough* get yer (veg) ass over to Jules, I need the Canadian Support.
ReplyDeleteIt's weird having a store inside a store, why Mc'Ds in Asda? Just seems weird.
ASDA has McDonald's too? Well ASDA is owned by WalMart so hey. Snap!
ReplyDeleteI will be at Jules' shortly. I'm working my way through slowly. Busy busy!
Fries over baby head? Really?
ReplyDeleteA big Mac maybe..........
ps- hope you get better soon AND spread the love to as many freaking people as possible. Especially those at walmart.
I'm not a beef eater so it's the fries every time for me, Kimmikins. I agree. I owe the world to pullute WalMart. Well its customers anyway. I'll keep the staff incase I spot a sweet deal somewhere in there and need to obtain it.
ReplyDeleteVeg - If your cold acts as a toddler deterent there should be no rush to get rid of it.
ReplyDeleteHave you checked on this? Maybe the red nose suits you??
Well much as I appreciate it's child-hindering ways, I don't much enjoy the being unable to breathe without coughing up an innard. It's a delicate balance sort of thing. Which do I want LESS.
ReplyDelete'Bangs' is officially my most-hated american term.
ReplyDeleteMrs RS has wisely switched to 'fringe' whilst she's here just to avoid getting corrected everytime. No idea why it annoys me so much, but it beats 'hood' and 'pants' every day of the week.... :)
Bangs is a stupid word, yes. But it's what they're called stateside so better get used to it buddy. :) I'm fine with pants though. Pants!!!!
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha. You know? Bangs happen. It cant be helped!
ReplyDeleteHaha, yes they do! And you know, they look SO MUCH BETTER than not. I guess I'm just born to bang (as it were!) :)
ReplyDeleteThat cough, it's called claiming your personal space, especially in wal-mart. I sometimes purposely cough on people so they will get out of my way. It's like a big ol' game to see who I can gross out the most.
ReplyDeleteI like that idea, Toe. I think it would also ensure you get your own seat on buses and trains too. And maybe planes, if you scare your seat mate enough with your red watery eyes and heavy breathing. :)
ReplyDeleteI have no idea if there's any Mc Ds in Asda but since Walmart is Asda and you guys have a Mc Ds in your Walmart then it's like the same.
ReplyDeleteI'm surprised Scottish Mc Ds don't sell Buckie since thats where neds hang out.
Buckie in McDonald's would be classy. It sort of fits in with the whole WalMart thing too. If Buckie existed in North America, you can bet your ass the people drinking it would be WalMart devotees.
ReplyDeleteShit, I shop at WalMart sometimes. Everyone but ME I mean.
All this baby talk and craving for fries.
ReplyDeleteNot pregnant are you?
I thought you only assassinated vegetables.
Haha... Good to see you're alive, if only barely!
ReplyDeleteGet well soonios, Katerjee!
Oh no. I can't do Walmart. Ever. Whereas you're cart-bashing toddlers, I pick them up over my head and and throw them from one aisle to the other, screaming and foaming at the mouth. I've been to jail 3 times now.
ReplyDeleteOkay it's time to bitch slap your body and tell it to get with the damn program. May your pestilence pass quickly.
ReplyDeletePersonally I think if any kid gets in between you and your chocolate they deserve to die or at least get a face full of Ebola ridden snot and phlegm.
Well, eff you for the bangs, lady! For years I've longed to be able to sport bangs if only to hide my billboard-like forehead. But it's never to be. Every time I attempt bangs my curly hair rises up in revolt and I walk around looking like Goddamn Coolio for eight months. It's just unfair.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're still alive.
ReplyDeleteKinda.
But yeah, Wal-mart has dipshits. You should of felt right at home.
So, Jenna, are you saying then the cold never moved to your chest? Oh, it did? Wait, now no it didn't? And you still love the cold? Oh wait, now you're taking an even stronger prescription to get rid of it? No, you want to keep it inside you forever, even though it's hurting you? What? No, it never hurt you? I'm confused.
ReplyDeleteMo: I'll kick your ass boy.
ReplyDeleteReenie: Still kicking here Mo. So far. :)
Aladdin: I laughed out loud at your mean, mean self. My hero.
Rusty: Agreed. I'm working on it. I will be the Terminator with my deathly pestilence.
Cora: Hee! I always wanted curly hair, so I'm jealous, therefore, I'm happy to find there's a downside to curls after all. Although it's a mighty small down side if you ask me!
Ed: Oh ha ha, fucker. You can just bite me. :)
Becks: Bahaha, Jenna! Yes I am a porno star with a cold. As for the rest, you need to take your meds again, beeyatch.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you could use the old home remedy of inhaling acrylic paint fumes and then turn on your stove to 50 C, stick your head in and inhale deeply for a while, but don't fall asleep in your stove because that is dangerous. Or, you could go to a doctor? The end.
ReplyDeleteKids stood in your way of chocolate?? WTF were they thinking??? I'd have sent them to Tito Ortiz's house.
ReplyDeleteCart bashing toddlers, lol. Way to go Veg. I don't like being crowded anywhere so I purposely use a sick sounding cough to make people step back. Works wonders in a crowded elevator.
ReplyDeleteSounds nasty but I'm glad you're looking on the upside.
ReplyDeleteMMM strong cheddar - yessss!
Are the Canadians at least better at cheese than the Americans? I'm not sure I'll ever get used to having two choices: "orange" and "vinyl".
ReplyDeleteI love bangs! Especially home job bangs. Classic and awesome.
ReplyDeleteEric: I'm not sure acrylic paint has much in the way of fumes, dude. But it's a really inventive suggestion. Well done!
ReplyDeleteJules: I know. The brazen audacity of them. WTF indeed.
Melissa: I might have to start employing that tactic. Might move some of those coupon wielding lunatics aside in the supermarket.
Lulu: STRONG cheddar is the only cheddar. Mild cheddar? What's the point?
Soda: Vinyl cheese is never good. Those American slices? NASTY! If you're going to name a cheese after your country, don't pick THAT cheese. That's insanity.
Miss Y: I'm queen of the home cut bang. I'm that good at it. Years of scrupulous practice has made me an expert. But this time they're only half bangs. Side bangs. But still awesome.
I agree a million fold. In blaming WalMart that is. It's at fault for EVERYTHING. Especially my PMS and bad hair days. And for rampant children in aisles, which is my worst nightmare.
ReplyDeleteSuck mine WalMart!
Dude, don't let WalMart anywhere NEAR yours! It's diseased and will give you the Herp. I read it somewhere. Keep it away from your ladyparts! :)
ReplyDeleteI don't know if you noticed, but your blog showed "temporary post used for theme detection 1029283484757567383" etc., for several days and I alsmost got worried! OK I made up the number part, but maybe the virus got to your blog as well?
ReplyDeleteHaha, no that was me. I use Windows Live Writer to write posts and after I installed Windows 7 I had to reinstall everything and that was the test post it posted to check the connection to Blogger. It removed it right after, but it still showed up here and there. :) Is that technical enough for you?
ReplyDeleteI sure hope that evil monster cold lets you out of it's clutches soon!
ReplyDeleteI know. Stupid thing. It's feeling a lot better today. Less hacking cough than yesterday. Just the odd outburst of sounding like a tractor engine starting up. :)
ReplyDeleteMan. I can't even picture you with bangs!
ReplyDeleteDAMN!! I bet it's awesome.
I hate it when my imagination fails me.
Bangity bangity bang bang.
ReplyDeleteBangs? I thought only Laura Ingalls had those. What are you turning into?
ReplyDeleteWalmart is the evil empire...Darth Vader lurks there.
ReplyDeleteLMAO at your post. Thanks for the entertainment...sorry at your expense, but it was great.
And I'm all about cart wars for the chocolate...PMS or not. ;)
You're quite the weirdo...Fly that freak flag!
ReplyDeletei hate walmart. you may have the death rattle in your lungs. talk to me in a few weeks about your bangs so i know whether or not to get my scissors out of the lock-box.
ReplyDeleteThank God we don't have Walmart over here - sounds a dangerous bloody place...
ReplyDeleteyou're bringing sexy back to phlegm. single. handedly.
ReplyDeleteGlad your better...WalMart is also responsible for the enigma over my place today.
ReplyDeleteI say we boycott.
Dog: Ha! Just picture awesomeness and you'll have it. Maybe. Or not.
ReplyDeleteChris: Indeed. Bangity. Crazy man.
Madame: Hahaha! Laura and ME. Just call me Bangy McBangerson. (No. Don't)
Momma: Darth lurks at WalMart? Well,that explains a lot. In fact, everything!
Moosey: I learned it all from you, buddy. You're the mayor of crazyville.
Claire: So far so good. Still looking less yeti like and almost professional. WTF?
Muummmmeeee: It is dangerous. A minefield of crying children and contemptuous ladies in sweat pants filled will hatred. The ladies, not the pants.
Becky: Yes ma'am. You can rely on me to do just that. My voice is all husky and seductive. Like Barry White.
Candy: Boycott those buggers! Well, maybe just close the store when I'm in it to everyone but me. That way I can still get bargains without the distracting dangers of other people.
Easy!
Oh. My God. I feel like I just constantly apologize for not being around. I'm like the absuive husband, who always promises to never do it again and proceed to send you meaningless gifts. Will it help if I say that I could never expect to ever surpass your blogawesity?
ReplyDeleteAnd is there anything better than a big fuck off block of strong cheddar? Me thinks not, my friend. Me thinks not.
They don't sell rack-o-baby at WalMart? Surely you jest.
Hahaha, crazy woman. And rack-o-baby sounds sort of like baby back ribs only with actual baby. Hmmmm. Too bad I'm not a big meat eater. I'm sure some sauteed onion would go down wonderfully with that.... :)
ReplyDeleteFreaking hilarious!
ReplyDeleteYou're to funny and so talented. Love the artwork. I am an artist/graphic designer :) Just found your blog. Hope you have a great weekend.
ReplyDeletehttp://peace-love-tbell.blogspot.com/
Pat: You're easily pleased today I see! :)
ReplyDeleteKelly & Sara: Thank you ladies for being nice to me even though I didn't pay you or anything!