Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pointless Yet Still Here

Whoa, what a weirdly quiet couple of weeks for me.  I’ve had nothing to post about at all and a severe lack of enthusiasm for anything involving thought, therefore, I’ve been neglecting all online life bar a quick glance here and there to make sure you weren’t misbehaving in my absence.   And well.  You should be ashamed of yourself.  Yes, I do mean you.

You might argue having nothing to talk about never stopped me in the past and you’d be correct but somehow, this time around, I just figured I’d spare you my rambling and shut the hell up for a while. Make the Earth a more peaceful place.  However, this is me we’re talking about and you all should know I can’t keep quiet for that long so hi!

You should also know that I am possibly in love with the Lolololo guy from last Friday’s entry.  I am just unnaturally and deliriously pleased with that guy.  I watch that video at least once a day and I have it on my iPod so I can watch it if I’m stuck in traffic or something, to prevent me from jumping out and strangling someone.   It’s impossible to feel down if you watch that video.  Impossible.  I think he might be the key to world peace and universal harmony.   If you haven’t watched it yet, I encourage you to change your life right now and DO IT.  I’m not going to link it again, don’t be so lazy, it’s right there two entries back, what am I, your mother?  If I were the powers that be (and I should be) I would ensure that the next time we send a message out into the dark, far reaches of the galaxy looking for contact with alien life, that we include that video as a little morsel of what it is to be human.  Who would want to wage an intergalactic war on a race of people that groovy?  Only a total extraterrestrial ASSHOLE, that’s who.

What else has my free time been spent on since I haven’t been here pestering you people?  Thanks for (not) asking.  Well I painted an odd portrait of Boba Fett and another Cylon, just for kicks.

I think all this dark science fictiony stuff I’ve been painting lately signifies a sinister and disturbing state of mind.  I mean, I haven’t painted an Airstream in months, what the fuckety? 

Also,  I had weaned me off coffee for ages, then today I inhaled a gigantic, delicious, saucy, sexy cup of black coffee and now suddenly I’m typing this nonsense.  Is there a connection?  I think so.

So sorry for the lack of commenting I’ve been doing and I’m hideously behind on everything, but I aim to rectify this immediately by not being such a hermitty asshole and reading some blogs.  Ok?

Ok.

60 comments:

  1. Yay for coffee! I love your nonsense!! Lololo guy is addictive, I have several friends who CANNOT stop watching him!!

    NICE paintings!! Really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOBA FETT IS MINE! In addition to Blue Airstream # whatever you decide, would love to add Boba to my collection. Let's talk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to know I'm not alone in my addiction to the lolololo guy. If the video was produced as some sort of Soviet mind control to hypnotize us and render us defenseless, I fear it may be working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AFANM: Yeah really. Giving up coffee was the stupidest idea ever. I'm mentally lost without it. Although it makes me ramble. As you can see. Crazy! Thank you for the painting compliment! :)

    Kat: Haha, whoa feisty lady. See your email.

    SG: I know! He is the most addictive thing ever. I am seriously delighted with him. I know you are since you DID HIM! Um...imitated I mean, not...well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red: You're not blocked! Yay. Oh, and thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Boba Fett painting is simply fantastic. I loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe I should've just painted 20 Boba Fetts for everyone. :) You all have dark tastes, people. Thank you, man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've developed a bit of a crush on your Lolololo guy...think it's his smouldering dark eyes and oh-so melodic voice! Anyway, between you and him, you've picked yourself up an award over at mine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why thank you, I will be right over. :) And who wouldn't love that guy? Sure he looks like a ventriloquist dummy but he's HYPNOTIC. He's cast a spell on us ladies. What a dapper gent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Black coffee definitely is sexy. Especially when one has gone for more than a few hours without coffee. I'd do anything for one right now. Sell my birthright for one. Anyway...

    Are you a Cylon?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the reminder of the Lolololo lune...I'd only just erased him from my memory!

    Thanks too for the travel tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mo: It is! And I can tell it's been a while because I'm jittery. JITTERY. My resistance is low. And yes. I might be a Cylon.

    Nat: You can't erase him, dude. He deserves to brighten up your life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you're back! Been missing your wiseass comments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eva: Just you be careful what you wish for, missy. :) Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will take the contrarian view and just say that that Cylon is fucking badass.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know, one day when I require testimonials, I'm going to use that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So instead of sitting and watching tv in your "spare time," you actually DO stuff...like paint. F*cking overachiever.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can you not see that coffee is a drug? That sludge is evil. EVIL, I tells ya!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You might be right about the world peace thing and the Lololo guy. It's hard to think while watching him.

    Wow, great artwork! I am new here and did not know the extent of your talents, now I'm really jealous.

    Coffee is the nectar of the Gods.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like my women as I like my coffee.

    Tied up and thrown over a donkey by Juan Valdez.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i LOVE that you have the crazy singing guy on your iPod- that rocks!

    i actually have a CD in my car of the "breakfast song" to help me during stressful times. if you haven't heard it yet, check it out. it's fantastic.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYqM9-Fj0Pg

    ReplyDelete
  22. I thought maybe you were eaten by polar bears, which would have been kind of awesome, but not for you.

    Then, I thought maybe you were just basking in the warm glow of Olympic hockey victories.

    Then, I was like....Where the FUCK is Veggie?

    P.S. I would totally buy that Bubba Fet pic for my little Star Wars freak. It's not paint-by-numbers, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Peabody: Thank you! I was in two minds whether to even finish it or not because it just wasn't speaking to me, but I'm glad I finished it now. Who knew it'd be popular? :)

    Jules: I know. Worship me, beeyatch.

    BeckEye: I know that. I know that now. I usually have a small cup a day (or did when I drank it) but today I thought "fuck it!" and had a giant cup and then around 5pm I crashed HARD. I was sitting in the car SHAKING so much I had to go to Subway and stuff a giant sandwich in my pie hole till it stopped.

    Melissa: Haha, yeah he's an ambassador of awesome, that guy. :) And thank you. Although obviously you're high.

    Eric: Come back when you sober up, Tex.

    Aladdin: I'm very afraid, yet still going to watch it when I finish this response. Thanks (I hope).

    Ed: I could kick a polar bear's ass. Even the LOST polar bears. And those are like...paranormal polar bears! And no, Boba is not paint by numbers sadly. I wish it was then it wouldn't have taken a whole goddamn two nights of my life to do.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi there, didn't know you could draw. As one who is fascinated with art in all it's forms I must say I like them. Like the easy conversational tone of your posts too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey J! I've been drawing all my life I just recently started painting though so I'm still finding my feet as it were. But it's fun. You'll like my easy conversational tone less when I return to my normal sweary self, I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's kind of not fair that you're funny and can write and paint and also are grounded and nice.

    If it wasn't for the last two, my admiration would lean towards malignant jealousy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Are you trying to butter me up, woman? Because it's working! :) Ha!!! Thank you for being delusional though.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I felt a little scared reading the beginning of your post, I thought you were shouting at meeeee *sulking*

    ReplyDelete
  29. lolololo guy is orgasmic. i posted him on my facebook and many replied with fear - for they were inexplicably and inexorably drawn towards him.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That video changed my life. I walk around my house singing his harmonious song. I don't even stop when they throw things at me. It's like dropping acid. A good hit, not a bad one.

    I like your science fictiony paintings a lot, especially the second one. And I don't usually get into that sort of thing. One day, when I'm not spending all my money on things like food and gasoline, I'll buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  31. You totally need to make a painting of one of those weird Airstream trailer things that you love so much because, apparently, you use Oxycontin but it has somehow transformed into a Cylon or Boba Fett.

    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I FUCKING LOVE the Cylon one. Witness my all-caps love.

    How much is it*?


    *Note - anything above "free" is most likely out of my price range ; )

    ReplyDelete
  33. Blogging is such hard work don't you think??

    ReplyDelete
  34. E.D.: That sounds like a guilty conscience talking, missy...

    P: He IS orgasmic. That's exactly what he is. He captivates all with his scary cheesiness and before you know it, love is in the air.

    Ms. OWO: Mine too. I sing it all the time. It's a form of mind control I believe. Thank you for your lovely compliment. I don't normally do many science fiction paintings but lately they've been a nice change! And yeah, stupid food and gas should be totally FREE.

    Moooooog: Um. Yes. I need to do that. :) Because I'm actually doing about the tenth Airstream one at the moment. It's your lucky day.

    Soda: All caps love is the real deal, darlin'! It's three trillion dollars. In unmarked bills. And some chocolate.

    Cass: Hell yes. Way too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I too have been a hermity asshole of late so I forgive you.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Kim: Winter's for being a hermitty asshole I think. There's a law about it somewhere. In my head, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm pretty sure it's a law. Maybe in your head, maybe in Murphy's, but a law nonetheless.
    ps- how the fuck is "nonetheless" ONE WORD????

    ReplyDelete
  38. Dude, it's an economy sized word. Three for the price of one, kind of thing. Like when you buy a six pack of chips and get a seventh free. OK it's nothing like that but I'm hungry, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  39. Those paintings are fuckity fuck incredible!!!

    You're a staaar, darling, a staaaar.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Only a lot less sparkly I think miss Buffster. I'm caffeine free today. No sparkle. Sob.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the cylon. But I'm sad that way. Fab to see you back. Starting to think you'd drowned in a vat of Irn Bru.

    ReplyDelete
  42. you. hermitty. asshole! <-best insult ever. especially if you do it in "the voice." you know the one.

    i would say i love the paintings... but you already knew that, didn't you? you. hermitty. asshole. <-see? i can't stop!

    coffeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  43. Madame: I only wish. Oh God. Now I want Irn Bru bad. And I'm nowhere near any. I might cry.

    Beckeee: Say it loud and proud, lady. HERMITTY ASSHOLE! I might start a hermitty asshole club so we can all be hermitty assholes together.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Did you happen to see Jimmy Kimmel's post Oscar's show? The guy that won best supporting actor did this little tidbit you might enjoy:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUbGcRJUDu0

    ReplyDelete
  45. Checkin' it out NOW, Lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh my goodness I've watched that trololololo guy at least 50 times in the last week. It's like crack to my bain. I just let it loop and loop and then my mind is blank and calm. I've been rather out of the loop too... Nobodies judging.. hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  47. You should do a painting of the Lololo guy. And black coffee? Good grief woman, you're hard core; I say this because I'm a pussy who can't really drink coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  48. you really do paint some pretty rad stuff. I kinda miss the airstreams though. How bout a torrential storm with the nice airstream keeping everyone cozy inside?

    ReplyDelete
  49. Carissa: Me too! Every day. He's like a little ray of sunshine in your day. :)

    J: You know, I was discussing this very thing the other day with someone. I just MIGHT do it too. And black coffee is the only way. I don't do cream or milk in my coffee. That's illegal in my world.

    Mr. C!: Welcome back! I'm actually doing an Airstream right now so HA! Hope you're happy now. It's in the desert too. Cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  50. woo hoo good! I came back at the right time then.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Yes, you only come here for the Airstreams! :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. I have decided that your blog is like crack to me...I have SERIOUSLY been going through withdrawals!!! I would check a couple of times a day to see if you had posted and vascilate between wondering if you were OK and being pissed off...so glad I can just be pissed off. Worrying sucks. So glad you are back!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Vina: You crazy woman. Although I'm happy you're still there. And that wine looks YUMMY. So now I'm thirsty. Thanks a LOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Ok so I went back and watched that clip. I've never heard such deep lyrics. Either watching that clip changed my life for the better in some immeasurable way, OR I'm gonna have nightmares about opening my closet and he pops out going "lalala hahaha!"

    ReplyDelete
  55. The difference for me is, if he popped out of my closet I'd be delighted. I'd make him sing that song over and over again all day until he cried. :)

    ReplyDelete
  56. I'm now painfully interested in Lolololo, but I'm at work so I can't watch videos!

    Oh, the torture.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Well now, you just enjoy your last moments of freedom because once you see it? YOU CANNOT UNSEE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I am seriously in love with your paintings. Wow. Just wow.

    And I've been a bloggidy asshole too. I've been cleaning out my garage and talking to lawyers and shit like that instead of reading blogs. It's just sad. Stupid real life. *grumble grumble grumble*

    ReplyDelete

Here's the What What

So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...