Wednesday, December 13, 2017

The Post That Wasn't

December 11th, 2017

What are Wednesday nights for if not lighting some candles, opening some wine, and watching some fetching gentlemen kill demons in a "Supernatural" marathon of my own making? This was a rhetorical question.

Hi. The weather is still cooperating which is much appreciated and I will now pray in deference to the Sun gods. It's so nice for it to be December, therefore winter, yet no one seems to have told them. Even the Olympic mountains don't seem to have any snow on them. I'm not wearing a coat yet, just a sweater. What is this new, fragrant heaven?

Yesterday I made a custard pie as anyone who's seen me on Instagram knows, since I boasted about it earlier. It did not suck! It wasn't the best either, truthfully, as it sunk a little in the middle in some sort of sad, eggy defeat, but it was adequate and it tasted fantastic with a little cinnamon and browned sugar on top. Oh yes. Custard pies are so very British, I'm not sure anyone else appreciates them. Here's my pie (which is a sentence I never want to type again)


Shut up, it was good.

My next attempt at a pie is going to be an Atlantic Ocean Beach Pie which is actually a thing in the Carolinas (I believe) and is a creamy lemon pie with a saltine cracker crust. Seriously. That is a real actual thing. And it belongs in mah belleh. Salty and lemony? Sign me up.

My garbage pick up guys are making me mad today. Twice now they've refused to take my kitchen scraps. Turns out, kitchen biodegradable bags and kitchen compostable bags are two TOTALLY different things and I was using one instead of the other. Sigh. Why is life so hard? That is why wine exists.

Cheers.


4 comments:

  1. Pie? I thought you were a cake person!? I like both. Especially if they contain sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED I would LOVE THE FUCK out of that pie. Srsly. But I can't be bothered (I want to use the swedish word "orka" which means like "I'm a little too lazy") to make one myself. If I ever visit Canadia, you have to make me one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would like it! Quite eggy but vanilla and cinnamon and sugar give it a nice flavour. And so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fargo: I AM EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES when it comes to desserts. :) Sometimes cake is just too much. Yeah you heard me. Overly sweet, you know? Sometimes it's all that will do. But pies are always good. And crumbles and cobblers. Oh my gosh, I want it all.

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your rhythm stick.

Here's the What What

So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...