Since it’s Thanksgiving, I should say that I am thankful that the raging eye socket headache I’ve had since yesterday finally appears to be fading. I was starting to think the only sure-fire way to remove it was with a hammer and a large spike. Or maybe a Mel Gibson, Sugartits-strength bender.
Curing an eye headache with a hangover though, seems counter productive. In the end I blitzed it with muttered threats and a vat of industrial strength Tylenol. And a Diet Pepsi. That is key.
- Bath & Body Works have a “Buy three, get three free” sale going on, which means I can get about seven million (ok, six) tubes of my favourite Black Raspberry Vanilla body cream for about thirty bucks instead of about $80. Woo! I might be insane but I smell delicious.
- Some people love me despite the fact I am a grade A idiot.
- My mum sending me parcels of tiny Japanese glass animals and chocolate.
- The Flight Control App. on my iPod. If you saw me on it you’d be thanking your lucky stars I’m not a real air traffic controller.
- All you lovely people.
Don’t you feel better already? Have a fun holiday, or if you’re not here in the States, hey, it’s almost the weekend.
WOW. Those paintings are amazing. I especially like the first one. I love how you broke all the colors of a sunset into individual blocks, it's a very cool style.
ReplyDeleteHappy uh...Thursday!
Thank you man! The colours soothe me. :) Hope your Thanksgiving is groovy!
ReplyDeleteI like your paintings! Happy Thanksgiving even if you're not celebrating it.
ReplyDeleteOoh pretty colors! it's so hard I think to do sunsets without looking tacky but I think you've done it!
ReplyDeleteAlso, mmm, sale-price bath stuff!
Fantastic paintings!
ReplyDeleteHope you ate some Canadian Tofurkey or something since you're in the know.
Wow! You're such a nut, I forget how talented you are!
ReplyDeleteI am an idiot also! It is great to have another one in the club!
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving!!!
Have a great weekend, don't rip your eye out!
CDP: Thank you! I sort of half celebrated it. I was there in spirit.
ReplyDeleteSoda: You cannot beat sale price smellies, you are correct.
Hunter: Thank you! I didn't eat tofu anything but I did make stuffing, potatoes and glazed carrots. And they were good.
Eva: Hey! Takes one to know one, missy.
Otin: Haha yes, idiotsRus. That's my new company name. :) My eye recovered enough to not require the metal spike scoop.
great paintings! i didn't know you know arizona skyline so well!! (what kind of medium is it?)
ReplyDeleteHey Sarah! I love the desert and the south western deserts in particular. I just love cacti and sparsity. Thanks for the compliment. They are acrylic paint on canvas - one's a medium size (about 25 inches by 20) while the other's 3.5 feet wide by 2.5 feet. They look better in person. :)
ReplyDeleteA delicious-smelling painter with glass animals - what's not to be happy about?
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the weekend
xx
Haha you describe me BEAUTIFULLY! :) I collected tiny glass animals when I was really little so I decided to start again. My mum brought me some cute tiny ones from Japan so it encouraged me. Ha!
ReplyDeleteGlorious paintings my dear! :)
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful paintings.
ReplyDeleteI am also grateful it hasn't snowed and grateful for your humorous blog. xx
Nice artworks!
ReplyDeleteDessert to desert huh? You only have a few more segues possible. You could talk about 'deer', or a 'set', or maybe 'Deet'?
Ok, seriously, please tell me you sell your paintings somewhere. I want one. Or 12.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I thought I was the only one who collected tiny glass animals when they were little - I had like, 102 and I kept them on my dresser in a very specific order. Dusting was a bitch.
hey girl -- more awesome paintings! Love them! And I love you too, of course.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're feeling better. I'll send you an update this weekend. xo
Judearoo: Thank you. :) It was a nice change to get an array of colour instead of one main theme one. So much more pleasing.
ReplyDeleteVodka: Thanks missy. And yeah, that snow can hold off all winter as far as I'm concerned.
Eric: I'm the segue queen. Thou shalt not mock my segue. You could mock my Segway however, if I had one. Those look fun, no?
JaG: Oddly enough I do and am working on a little "friends and family" discount store for them. I'll tell you when it's ready and you can have a look. They'll sell to my friends at a tiny fraction of gallery price. Yup.
Kat: Hi miss thinger! I haven't forgotten yours, no worries. I got some supplies and I'm ready to go.
I love your paintings. I've just found your blog and think I might stick around a while. You've quite cheered me up. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kate. I'm happy to have cheered you up though I'm sure you didn't need it! :)
ReplyDeleteLovely paintings!
ReplyDeleteI'm thankful that you're out there killing all those vegetables. Unfortunately, you didn't get the brussels sprouts that showed up on our Thanksgiving table this year.
You had an effing HOLIDAY, don't go expecting MY sympathy! :)
ReplyDeleteI kind of like Brussels sprouts these days. I used to detest them. You can send yours to me!
Lovely.... your list and paintings.
ReplyDeletethose are ... so great i can't even think of a word that would match the greatness of them. i am in love with the purple!
ReplyDeleteP: Thank you miss P!
ReplyDeleteBecky: Haha that sounds like a Becky saying. "I'm in love with the purple!" :) Thank you though.
What fabulous paintings!!! I looooovie them! Gorg, pure gorg. Thank you for taking my mind off my gut for a minute. :)
ReplyDeleteYour poor eye sockets.
ReplyDeleteThe paintings are beautiful.
Sounds to me like you are in some dire need of some Excedrin. Works every time!
ReplyDeleteThe paintings are fantastic and that was a *sweet desert transition.
ReplyDeleteI love those paintings - such great colours :)
ReplyDeleteBuffster: Thanks man, I appreciate your sucking up to me then. :) But as your gut is probably the size of a fly's scrotum, I have no sympathy. Haha!
ReplyDeleteHannah: My eyes rebel all the time with the headaches. Silly things. But now they seem at peace. For a while. Oh and thank you for the compliment.
Jill: You know, I can't get it up here. But I got Tylenol Migraine and it helped a bit. That and some pseudoephedrine goodness. Not in meth form, before you go thinking it.
Jules: Haha I see what YOU did there. Desert - dessert - SWEET. HA!
Rachel: Thank you! I like the colours too. They're vibrant. Even though it sort of looks like one of those cheesy velvet pictures you get in Vegas. :) Try not to think of that though.
Hey you, party like its your birthday!!
ReplyDeleteThank you ma'am! I have commenced partying. Already. :)
ReplyDeleteMel Gibson...you silly, silly man.
ReplyDeleteBath and Body Works has this special lotion that only comes out around Christmas. Vanilla sugar cookie or something. I used to buy it every year, for myself and my cousin C. Until my little cousin, Dave, used it for unsanitary purposes. Now I can't smell the stuff without having uncomfortable thoughts. What a waste. Men used to love it when I smelled like food.
I know you really wanted that in your comment section. Nice, huh?
Lovely, lovely paintings.
HAHAHAHAHA! Man, that is APPALLING using a good smelling girl cream for your nasty penis-pulling business! He should be shot. :) You just need to find another scent you love and don't let it anywhere near your cousin. Yep.
ReplyDeleteThat desert/dessert transition was so seamless I thought I had to eat the cacti. I totally was just saved the embarrassment of having written "cactuses" by spell-check. The system works!
ReplyDeleteDude, that's not a spell check, it's a Philistine preventer. :)
ReplyDelete