Me, I've practised social distancing for years, so I'm ready, goddamn it. I even have enough toilet paper and pasta to see me out of an apocalypse and that was before we all started hoarding stuff like the world was ending.
I also still have a somewhat restricted lung capacity from the stupid infection I've had for months, so don't want to risk a flu of any description or I might actually implode, so staying home is just fine by me, bar the occasional walk by the ocean where there are no people.
It's weird to see people over-react or under-react to the situation. Over-reacting I kind of get. Best be prepared I guess. Under-reacting though is just stupid. It doesn't matter if you're at low risk, because here's the thing some people seem to be struggling with: It's not about you. It's about not spreading those germs to someone who MIGHT be high risk. It's about slowing down spread of a disease which could overwhelm the health services and make treatment difficult if everyone got sick at once. So stay home, where you can, people, and just chill. Drink coffee, have naps, fix stuff you've been putting off forever, drink wine, whatever you like, do it. It's a gift of time.
Unless you're a serial killer then you know. Fucking stop that.
Me, I work from home anyway and I'm only out among people when I'm mailing orders or buying groceries, which, judging by the equivalent gross national product of canned goods we purchased this week, should prevent me having to go to the supermarket for about a decade. I hate buying groceries so this is perfect.
There also should be a lack of tourists in my town this spring which is about as fantastic as things could get, to be honest. No cruise ships, limited ferries and flights. Perfect. I have nothing against tourists per se, but living in a small town that gets millions of them every summer, it's like a holiday having restrictions in place. Seriously. I love it. Who knew there was an upside to a pandemic?
Stay safe my peeps, and enjoy these fantastic (!?) Crayola crayon scribbles I did a while ago in my little moleskin book of robots and monsters. Because I am five.
You're welcome!
Chinny monster
Starry night bots
Someone's at the window
Wonky eyed demon
It's under your bed
Creepy little fucker






Those are beautiful. And also, I am too one of those people that can identify with the meme that says "When you find out your daily lifestyle routine is called "quarantine", haha. I'll just keep on keeping on, so to say.
ReplyDeleteThe uncertainty of things is grating but I channel it into planner stuff that keep me occupied for hours on end. Weird times, man.
Hey miss dude! Haha, yes our daily lifestyles need no rearranging! :) You get to make your kick ass stickers. Yay. Stay safe!
Delete"...some people seem to be struggling with: It's not about you." - very accurate! Some of those people might get the clue but so many won't. Our reality TV president unfortunately will never understand how it can't be about him. Hopefully this fall he will be forced into retirement.
ReplyDeleteOk, sorry about my short political rant.
I've being practicing doodling for decades now. I save very very few of them. While I have no art training, I like the paintings by the artist known for his swirls. You have a talent for drawing a good eye.
Hopefully the cruise popularity with drop off and there will be fewer big oversized ships.
Hey Bill!
ReplyDeleteyeah, we aren't getting cruise ships till at least July so I'm celebrating that at least. Also other tourists are urged to stay away from the islands so you know...we'll see I guess.
Haha, the old orange devil contradicts himself daily, it's quite entertaining until you remember he's for real the president. Then it's just terrifying.
Keep doodling!!!! It's the best thing!
Awesome drawings; I had to laugh out loud at 'Creepy little fucker.' I know a guy that looks like that, and he is indeed a creepy little fucker!!! Thanks for the laugh.
ReplyDeleteHahaha oh my! Poor dude! Although, you wouldn't want to find him in your closet, right? Hope you're safe and well!
DeleteDamn Veg, those are GOOD!
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, there are positive sides to a pandemic! I'm definitely enjoying working from home and being able to get up almost an hour later every day (no one knows if I start my work day while having breakfast in my PJs - I get changed etc a bit later in the morning) And would be also nice to see my city without the horde of Easter tourists... except I'm one of the people not allowed outside to see it! (me or almost anyone else).
I really want to slap the underestimating people in the face... especially the orange-headed dude you guys have over there. Ugh!
Haha yeah that guys a c word! Thankfully he's America's problem not mine. 😁 I'm also enjoying the lack of tourists. Wish it was like this all the time. Minus the disease!
DeleteI forgot! You're in Canada, right? Whereabouts again? On the Pacific?
DeleteOnly problem with the lack of tourists... when the local economy is highly dependent on tourism. Much as I would LOVE to have the beaches to myself this summer, I hope this is all over and done with before June ends or unemployment is going to skyrocket even more around here. :(
Yeah we rely on cruise ships and tourism fairly heavily. Much as I hate them. It's going to be interesting anyway. We've been thinking about moving but that's as far as it's gotten, then this happened.
DeleteI was in the middle of looking for a new apartment to rent and move into... that's going to be on hold for a while
Delete