Person: I just painted my living room and built a tree house in my yard. Then I cooked a brand new recipe I found online and now I'm learning to sculpt clay and taking online math classes!
Me: I got half dressed (top half only, pj pants down below) and watched a baby crab eat a strawberry on Reddit.
Yup. If you got up, got dressed, hit the shower, and managed to eat something today, you're doing just fine, buddy. As you were.
Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Here's the What What
So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...
-
You know what? Swearing's a fine tool to have in your arsenal, and Lord knows it's my favourite power tool of all - even better tha...
-
Tuesday, April 19th, 2011 – achey breaky knee, Tonka Bean chocolate is good, digging plaid Hi! Yes you! Remember me? I sometimes post n...
-
Wednesday, August 4th, 2010, mid afternoon, coffee wearing off, feeling disagreeable. I'm not a very child friendly person, I fully ...
wow I can relate. I hear people talking about all these things they are doing, cleaning, planting, landscaping, etc. I'm working on dreaming longer. I just read a New York Times article about how a few seniors are enjoying this isolation. It helps to have an "active life of the mind."
ReplyDeleteHonestly, Bill, I'm less productive than I normally am during this and I've decided, screw it, it's okay. I'm doing things but at a slower, more lethargic rate. So many people are focused on if you're not learning a language or astro physics you're losing at life. Just functioning and staying healthy, that's ENOUGH. Hope you and yours are well (and less confused!) :)
ReplyDeleteDitto here. I keep reading all these suggestions for things to do, people talk about learning new skills or honing old ones... It's all I can do to do my job every day! Am definitely being less productive - when there's no "real" reason for it because I have basically the same resources as in the office, and fewer distractions (am home alone). But my mind just isn't in it. It keeps wandering. Also keeps insisting on leading me online to look for distractions. From time to time I try something new, but can't seem to muster the energy. Honestly all I want to do most of the time is just curl up with a book or watch TV (well I also want to go out for a long walk in the sun, but not allowed).
ReplyDeleteCris: omg, exactly! There's a definite lethargy about it. It's hard to get focused and organized mentally during all this without pressuring yourself to do new things on top. I'm the same. Reading and watching some shows that's all I seem to want to do at night. I'm cool with it. It's is what it is. Happy you're doing ok, I know Spain's particularly bad for this thing!
DeleteLethargy is the perfect word!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, Spain is hit pretty hard, but fortunately except for a couple of cities our hospitals haven't been really overwhelmed, unlike in Northern Italy... But still, the worst of it has been for hospital staff, highest proportion of sick people (them and nursing homes), due to lack of safety equipment.
Where I am, in Alicante, we're ok. Hope it keeps improving!
Well I got drunk and burned food in my kitchen yesterday. Productive and a hot mess at the same time - just like life in general right? I have no idea what I'm doing or what I'm supposed to be doing either. Get a little done here and there. .. Ya know.
ReplyDeleteI DO know! I'm just pottering around doing bits and pieces and going "now what?" You just do what you can do I guess! 😁
DeleteJust staying alive should be enough during these ridiculous times. Eff them all! ;-)
ReplyDeleteDale! Yes, barely alive, mostly feral, but riding it out. How're you???
ReplyDeleteI'm fine these days and waiting it out too. I've been social distancing for years so that's no hardship lol. It's been years since I did any blogging or checking up so thought I would add my 2 cents to your last post. I just posted and if ever wanted to hear me sing (I can't sing), now's your chance! Stay well and fresh like a Veg!
DeleteI mean, how can I resist THAT!!! :) I'm coming over. You are warned.
Delete