This week's been sweaty. And showery. Because one, logically must follow the other or else you'll stank up the environment with your fumes. Allegedly.
I've been putting my new treadmill to work. Every day I've worked out and I'm feeling stronger already. The first day, my running shoes conspired to try and strip the skin off my heels, but I was ready for that shenanigans with double socks and band aids. You have to get up pretty early to get ME, shoes. So good to get back to it though. Now to get that old fitness level back!
Other than this I've been enjoying casually swearing at rampant tourists and people playing that infuriating pokemon game, who think it's perfectly reasonable to be wandering in front of my car like lobotomized turkeys. Alternately I am calming myself down by looking for whales at my favourite look out point while filling my innards with coffee. Whales and tourists. Two non-complementary opposites when relating to my psyche. Part of that sentence was redundant, but I think we'll all live.
When not indulging in the two above activities I've been not sleeping (I'm pretty much an Olympic grade champion at this) and working strange hours, wearing out my Wacom tablet (note: Need new nibs) on new designs.
To summarize: running, designing, coffee, tourists, whales. I really should have led with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Here's the What What
So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...
-
You know what? Swearing's a fine tool to have in your arsenal, and Lord knows it's my favourite power tool of all - even better tha...
-
Tuesday, April 19th, 2011 – achey breaky knee, Tonka Bean chocolate is good, digging plaid Hi! Yes you! Remember me? I sometimes post n...
-
Wednesday, August 4th, 2010, mid afternoon, coffee wearing off, feeling disagreeable. I'm not a very child friendly person, I fully ...
Sometimes nothing happening is the best thing there is. Things are a little hectic around here.
ReplyDeleteWe are packing up for our summer trip a little south of you.
I bet people are starting t miss the days of people text-walking already... I'm lucky that game's not available here yet. I'm so easily irritated by people as is.
ReplyDeleteHiya Veg! Whales you can see from a lookout point near you? Sign me up!!!
ReplyDeleteScope: Oh! Vacation! look on the bright side, ROAD TRIP! Unless you're flying in which case...boo! Have fun you guys. May it not rain!
ReplyDeleteVinny: Haha, yeah it's not available here either yet somehow people seem to be managing. When it arrives officially I can't WAIT for that fiasco. I already have a hard time not running over awed tourists, add in this nonsense and well. Shit could get real.
Cris: Yeah humpbacks and orcas! There are a million whale watching boats here as well so you always know when they're around. Whales are awesome. In the true sense of the word. I enjoy the seals too with their big eyes and lack of fear of humans.
Something is always happening - (that's a loose translation of the second law of thermodynamics)
ReplyDeleteSeeing whales from the shore must be a little thrilling. Hey, here's a trick you could play on those rampant tourists. As look out at the sea with some binoculars loudly say "oh look at that whale" (of course when tourist is nearby and no whales insight). Offer them a look. Then give them a hard time because they can't see it.
Oh heck a roos. The sweat and heat are alive here too as you well know. I'm eager to give it away. Whales and tourists... I can only imagine how much fun that would be while sipping a cup of Joe. Sigh. I look at walls or the street.
ReplyDeleteDoing nothing, is better than doing something that you don't like.
ReplyDeleteHow many people can say they see whales where they live? Even better, how many people can say they see whales where they live, while drinking coffee, with band-aids on their heels? The answer is one person. That person is you.
Someday, there will be a statue of you on that very spot. Band-aids and all...
People will gaze at that statue in amazement. Some will probably even say things like, What the Hell?
You can see whales? Without having to go on one of those crowded, seasick-y whale watching boats? I'm jealous. A lot. You're a lucky girl, Veg!
ReplyDelete