Monday, August 15, 2016

Half Way To Comatose

When you work from home you have a lot of leeway with everyday stuff, you didn't use to have. Sure, it can be a gigantic recipe for laziness, but it can also be more productive and relaxed than sitting in an office, avoiding your boss and throwing pencils at the ceiling tiles.

You can make your own hours for one thing, which for me are afternoons and evenings, when I'm most productive. This leaves mornings for drinking coffee, treadmilling my face off, showering, and drinking coffee by the sea.

Plus, working from home means you can work in your pajamas if you feel like it (I do not, this is a lame activity). You can stream playlists all day long and play with your collection of Funko Pop toys. You can also have a nice, evening glass of wine on your desk if that floats your boat, although, sadly, I usually don't in case I have to drive somewhere, because I take sudden urges to just GO and everyone knows, sudden urges must be obeyed. The following photo is the result of a sudden urge the other night.



Then one day you wake up and start to realize that you haven't left the house in four days and even then it was only because you ran out of food and wine and had no other choice but go out or expire from lack of sustenance. Plus you look like a feral child and haven't had a haircut in eleven months and have worn nothing but jeans every day for the last half year, and almost no make up.

Then you realize, eff it, you're actually okay with that.

14 comments:

  1. Eff it!
    I would have loved to work from home.
    That photo was certainly worth obeying the sudden urge. It's a beaut!
    Strangely enough, I own that same model of truck (1953 Ford F-100). mine is blue though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mr T! Hope you're relaxing. And I WISH that was a cool pick up as I love trucks. I sometimes drove our F100 at my last job, however the car in this pic is a tiny 1990s chevy. :) It THINKS it's a truck though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like heaven. I currently rotate the same outfits every 4 days and rarely wear makeup anymore. And that's to my job I actually have to leave the house for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I explained that correctly. In your side mirror there is a F-100 in the background. Or are you funning me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great setup if the money is good and you can find something to throw sharp pencils at.
    I have a vague recollection of having a pencil I threw stick. Such a feeling of mastering a skill.
    The work at home options really started to expand later in my career. I seldom got to do it.
    My theory on it - like you even care - The work at home option is offered to
    1) reduce office space requirements (and ceiling tiles)
    2) Give people LESS of a reason to retire which is much better than the retired-on-the-job problem of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat: OH!!! Haha, I thought you meant my car, which likes to think it's huge but isn't. :)

    VV: Good for you, I thoroughly support this. Getting dolled up for work is for the birds. Whoever they are.

    Lisle: You might have something there oh wise one. The coffee is better here, however so home definitely wins. And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love working from home too. Real jobs are highly overrated. I had a job once that announced they were "banning" all meal and bathroom breaks. Like it's reasonable (and legal) to expect human beings to work eight hours straight through while they are desperate to pee and so f***ing hungry they can't even think straight and spend those full eight hours fantasizing about murdering each other. Here I can pee whenever I want to and I only occasionally fantasize about murder, so there real jobs! So. There.

    Now, what about those Funko Pops? I'd love to see which ones you've got. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dislike working from home. I want to interact with the wife and daughter too much. Give me an office full of people I really don't want to interact with, and then I'll be productive.

    Now, there was a time, (BC - Before Cora) when I was unemployed for a year, and sometimes would go days without actually speaking. A week or two without actual interaction.

    And I was cool with that.

    But when I got stir crazy, I would go for a 7 - 10 mile run.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um...can I trade you mornings? Those sound divine. I have decided I am not productive at all. I just sit and spin. I might as well do it with a class of wine and some chocolate cake. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you remember the 21st night of September?
    https://youtu.be/XeOlrz2V3T0

    Yeah ok it's only the 6th and it's daylight here, but I noticed you post about once a month so in case you forgot to fill you calendar - it's September.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisle: dude, I'm on vacation! Pffft. Now to watch the video... Post when I get home. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I only do it a couple of days a year, but I LOVE working from home! And that usually involves spending the day in my PJs which feels totally decadent... :p

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also work from home, and I love it. If I ever have to go into an office to work I am in trouble. They probably would frown on my sweats and hoodies...

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your rhythm stick.

Here's the What What

So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...