"What's a really fun thing to do on a Saturday night, Veg?" I hear you cry (or it could have been the wind) Well. How about drink some wine and write a blog entry, because what could possibly go wrong with that? Nothing!
The wind is really howling outside. Sounds like Kanye West sat on a kitten, only less offensive. I decided a night at home with wine sounded pleasant because, doesn't it? I'm too happily introverted to give much of a hot damn about going out and doing social things when I like being home because I have a recliner, some candles, wine and some Swedish TV shows on Netfix and what could beat that?
Oh, oh! Is it wrong that I'm stoked because I bought six pairs of obnoxiously loud stripey socks today? I'm talking socks so bright that Stevie Wonder would probably swear and put on some stronger sunglasses. They are FANTASTIC.
Sorry about the Stevie joke, was that too much? And also sorry that I'm excited for socks. I just saw my life from the outside for a second and it was a whole big pile of WTF, so I poured another glass of wine and figured I might as well just go for it.
But it's the weekend. God, I love the weekend. When I wake up at six am, instead of having to drag myself out of bed, dripping curse words from my lady-mouth, I can cheerfully roll over and go back to sleep. Especially since it's dark till about 8 a.m now although the clocks go back tonight. An extra hour in bed? SIGN ME UP!
In other news, my big toe is weird.
Saturday, October 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Here's the What What
So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...
-
You know what? Swearing's a fine tool to have in your arsenal, and Lord knows it's my favourite power tool of all - even better tha...
-
Tuesday, April 19th, 2011 – achey breaky knee, Tonka Bean chocolate is good, digging plaid Hi! Yes you! Remember me? I sometimes post n...
-
Wednesday, August 4th, 2010, mid afternoon, coffee wearing off, feeling disagreeable. I'm not a very child friendly person, I fully ...
so glad you keep us posted. I've been wondering about that toe!
ReplyDeleteHahaha, well at least I haven't broken one yet this year, that's a change!
ReplyDeleteWhat TV show? Of course, I have to ask!
ReplyDeleteThat extra hour in bed was FABULOUS this morning!!! I feel so much more awake! :p
ReplyDeleteAnd stripey socks are all the rage right now. Some where. Must check the interwebs...
Forgot to click the "email follow-up comments" box :p
ReplyDeleteEllet: You know I left a long, elaborate comment earlier and blogger's app ate it. GRR. That app is horrible, get that fixed, Google. ANYWAY, I was watching the 2nd season of "Wallander" which isn't my normal type of thing but I kind of like it and saw the first season a few years back. I also watched the second season of "The Killing" which I know is DANISH but hey, Scandanavia! I like listening to Swedes talk more than anything. So tuneful. Ja ja! Tack! I'm practically Swedish huh! Hej!
ReplyDeleteCris: Yes wasn't it? And stripy socks are all the rage in my house as I've worn them since I was a teen and they're totally my thing. I am a calmer person when I have striped socks. :)
Wine and Netflix is EXACTLY what I call a great evening! Oh even better when one is wearing stripy socks! Introverts unite!!!
ReplyDeleteI'd heard things about that toe.
ReplyDeleteAnd now it's confirmed.
In other news: WINE.
Pearl
Jo: Agreed on all points! Would you like a glass?
ReplyDeletePearl: You ain't seen nothing yet. It is a magical toe. Especially after wine.
Also ANGELJO, I can't figure out if you have a blog someplace I should be reading and adding to my sidebar! Let me know, woman!
ReplyDeleteDrink more wine, post sock pictures.
ReplyDeleteCome on, you know you want to!
Yes please! I would love a glass of wine.
ReplyDeleteNo, I don't have a blog, I'm just a stalker and love to read all about your lives real and fictional. I never was much of a writer, but I LOVE to read. Thanks for asking though.
Skypop: Well yes I want to, I sincerely doubt anyone else wants me to though, haha! Hope you are well, dude!
ReplyDeleteJo: Well at least it means I'm not going mad! Well no madder than normal I guess. Stalk away, ladyfriend! And sure, wine! Here you go. I am totally offering you some internet wine. I am.
I'm so glad I don't have to get up early ever again! Unless I want to...
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of your weird big two and the six pairs of obnoxiously loud stripey socks. In Japan they sell those same obnoxious loud stripey socks, BUT... each toe has it's own little toe area. The toe part is like a glove.
I forgot, I have do have to be up in time to give my cat an insulin injection at 8:00. That's early, right?
I wanna see pics of your socks now. And your toe. Is that sad?
ReplyDelete