Monday, August 19, 2013

Still Groovin'

Monday, August 19th, 2013  - Yeah.

Jesus people, what a week. Busy, busy. Nothing interesting. Just work busy. My eyes sort of feel like they've been freeze dried at this point from too many hours staring at my tiny work computer screen. I feel myself wake up in a cold sweat in the dead of night, mumbling things about "raw material specifications" and I'm pretty sure the other night I woke up and uttered the phrase "fucking disodium phosphate!"  Because this is what my life has become.

I was so tired this morning, on my way to work I put my headphones on, turned my iPod up as loud as it would go, and blasted myself awake with something noisy and exuberant which may have been some vintage Barenaked Ladies and which permanently (probably) destroyed my sound detection centre (waxy ear holes!).  It did, however, improve my urge to dance around with an inane grin on my face, immeasurably so there's that, I guess.

Enough of that nonsense. It's Monday again. Funny how those roll around. The only good thing about Monday is I get to watch last night's "Breaking Bad" because thanks to Netflix - you marvellous, glorious bastards - streaming the next day means not having to acquire stuff via more uh....secretive...methods. Yay.

Damn Mondays.  Still, on the upside, it isn't Tuesday!

Hey, anyone fancy a drink?






14 comments:

  1. I hear that rum is very big at parties.

    :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, YOU'RE ALIVE and still blogging!!! So there's that as well and makes for a happy Monday for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha Pearl! The word here is...allegedly. I haven' tasted that rum though yet. Hopefully, I will. Um...that wasn't a nasty metaphor or anything, honest.

    Vixen: Yay, you easily pleased crazy Utahhhhhan. I look forward to catching up on your always amusing exploits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait a second. Netflix is streaming the currently airing Breaking Bads the next day? And I was just going to wait for them to make it onto DVD before watching them like a chump?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fancy a drink. A lot of drink right now. Like, a lot a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joshua: Dude. When it comes to "a lot, a lot" I feel Ron Jeremy is QUALIFIED, know what I'm saying? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Christian! No, sorry, they're only streaming in the UK and Ireland, sorry! I think you guys get them in three months or something, I read. Oops :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to see you (and Ron) pop up out here! (snicker)

    How does adult rum differ from the kids kind?

    And does that tag line really say long smooth taste?
    Bwaaaa ha ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Skypop: Ron is a dirty, dirty man. And of course it does!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Disodium phosphate? Like an emulsifying application? :) Sorry, trying to channel Mr. Cranston's Walt character there... yeah.

    I would rather have a glass of Faye Reagan red. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. there was this movie once and these little kids spelled red rum backwards so I think of the movie and mur der when I see rum. I just avoid rum. Beer or a good wine is much better. Movies can be dangerous don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tex: Whatever tickles your fancy Tex, really...

    Lisle: Well since you put it that way, I'm all about safe drinking. Certainly no murder involvement! REDRUM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rum? What?? Are you in high school or college and drinking coke & rums?

    Haven't been on cyber boards for awhile, but back blogging so you should update more....so can bother you more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My comment never made it?! I was even trying to be funny, the rum should OBVIOUSLY be called "Rum Jeremy". That's totally clear!

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your rhythm stick.

Here's the What What

So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...