Tuesday, May 31st, 2011 – Knees are bastards, mad love, I kill plants, the thirst that won’t die
Is it really a week since I last posted an entry? I’m getting lazier by the day it seems. I have no strength to do much at the end of the day but rock in a corner and drool on my shirt. Which, to the keen observer, is pretty much like an ordinary, less busy day for me, except with more apathy and less enthusiasm.
It’s really no wonder I drink.
I’ve tried, tonight, to catch up on my creaking Google Reader, valiantly straining under the heft of all those unread entries of yours. It’s like a losing battle though. I waded through a good, pleasant, cockle-warming pool of them, managed to leave a few comments – not nearly enough, but I’d still be here next September if I left them on every entry I read – and ended up getting nothing else done at all, except concocting a makeshift pizza out of some garlic nan bread and various oniony, peppery, cheesy toppings, which, if you ask me, is time well spent.
Time substantially less well spent was an hour that seemed like five weeks, entertaining my friend’s five year old, who insisted on riding me around the living room pony style, while I got rug burn on one knee and exacerbated the one that was already blaring at Defcon 1 with the yoga injury. Plus you all know how I feel about small, young, fast-moving, loud humans. I’m so not jiggy with them. If I had one of my own I’d be a full-on babbling alcoholic by now. Instead of just a full on babbler and part time wino. Luckily, for me and the world, I’d rather roll my pants in horseshit then eat them than have a brand new life-form spring forth from my loins.
I’ve also gotten really vexed that work is full of cake. I should probably have asked you to sit down before telling you that because, really, what position could possibly be better for me than in a place that deals in cake all day, every day and that requires that I sample said cakes and give opinions on texture and taste and chocolateyness on top of my more usual job description? Is it heaven or hell? I don’t know. All that sugar has confused me. It feels like heaven. My pants however, squawking in terror, are insisting it’s hell.
If that shocked you, you might want to move away from any sharp objects for this next sentence. I think there might really be a thing called “too much cake”. I know, right, what the hell?
There, you can open your eyes now and back away from the ledge. You’ll get over it.
Still no Ohio. Jesus Christ, people, I FAIL AT LIFE.
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Here's the What What
So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...
-
You know what? Swearing's a fine tool to have in your arsenal, and Lord knows it's my favourite power tool of all - even better tha...
-
Tuesday, April 19th, 2011 – achey breaky knee, Tonka Bean chocolate is good, digging plaid Hi! Yes you! Remember me? I sometimes post n...
-
Wednesday, August 4th, 2010, mid afternoon, coffee wearing off, feeling disagreeable. I'm not a very child friendly person, I fully ...
Too much cake?
ReplyDeleteNext thing we know, you try telling us the Easter Bunny didn't died on an egg-shaped cross.
I could almost take this posting out of context. You have drinking, someone riding you around the living room like a pony and rug burns. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, and no such thing as too much cake.
Nooo mush caaaiike? What language are you speaking?
ReplyDeleteSolution to all your problems: drink more wine. You won't be able to feel pain in your knee, it'll make you hungry and want to eat cake and you'll be more likely to tell your friends to entertain their own fucking children.
ReplyDeleteI like taking my friends kids, hopping them up on sugar, teaching them things like shoving their fingers up their nose or farting on demand, then handing them back to their parents with toys that makes noise. Cause people should know better than to leave me with a kid.
ReplyDeleteBased on that, I am pretty sure I should never have a child just to avoid the massive wave of revenge that would be visited on me. Not to mention another one of me? Really? All in all a very bad idea.
I'm so pissed.
ReplyDeleteI've been insisting on riding you around the room pony-style for a while now and I get nothing. NOTHING.
5 year olds are lucky.
All you need to know about Ohio is this sign on US-30: http://thoughtfulconservative.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/bong-recreational-area.jpg
ReplyDeleteOh, you're making me jealous with the cake.
I'm sorry -- cake? What now? With frosting, right? Am I right?
ReplyDeleteSo what's going on with you? Don't make me come up there...
Pearl
I know that I didn't read that right - too much cake is only a condition if there is too little icing.
ReplyDeleteI hate cake for breakfast. My pants don't fit either. And I'm GOING to Ohio in two weeks. Suddenly I'm overcome with the need to roll my pants in horse poo and eat them. That or chair dance to Air Supply's Greatest Hits. Seeing as how I don't actually HAVE a pony, one seems more likely than the other. Also I might be ODing on sugar.
ReplyDeleteToo much cake? Definitely a possibility. One place I worked had a birthday cake for each person's birthday...I no longer like cake. I over-dosed.
ReplyDeleteIf the sugar high crazy causes you to run through a sliding glass door, then maybe there is such a thing as "too much cake". Otherwise, I disagree with that phrase.
ReplyDeleteOh no, I have too much happiness! Wait, you gave me too much money. Gross, you just gave me too much sexual pleasure.
Too much cake!? Are you friggin' kidding me?
Cake = Crack, Baby...you know it. I'm looking forward to seeing you on an upcoming episode of 'Intervention'. Make sure you look at the camera when you tell everyone in the room there's no freaking way you'll live without your damn cakey goodness and they can all go to hell.
ReplyDeletep.s.
I can't think of Ohio without thinking of Crosby, Stills and Nash. Classic music never dies.
=]
Babysitting little rascals is a major challenge. The last time I tried it, it was a four-year-old specimen, who was very interested in what's under my sweater.
ReplyDeleteLuckily, for me and the world, I’d rather roll my pants in horseshit then eat them than have a brand new life-form spring forth from my loins.
ReplyDeleteBest sentence of the day!!! Still laughing at it.
Too? Much? Cake?
ReplyDeleteWho are you and what have you done with the REAL Veggie Ass?
I once worked in a biscuit factory where you were allowed to take as much out in your stomach as you wanted but, they assured me, after a week or two you stopped choffing 'em down as you became fed up with them.
Six weeks in I was on 20 packs of Malted Milks a day.
Had to go cold digestive in the end.
Ed: No you got it all wrong, dude. It was a giant chocolate egg they rolled in front of the cave they placed Jesus' body in. He didn't really resurrect, he just ate his way out...
ReplyDeleteNP: If only it was as interesting as you make it sound. :) Hey, on the upside, there was cake. LOTS of cake.
Tenny: The language of complete insanity, clearly. But believe me. It's real.
Jenny: It all sounds so simple when YOU say it. I am writing this down. I am getting hardcore.
Lord: Good idea! I like to teach them good, useful words like "Boobs" and "poo poo". They learn them anyway and they're innocent enough dirty words that their parents don't go "DAMN THAT VEG, I AM GOING TO KILL HER!" and blame each other instead.
Moooooog: Well one might ask how I got that bad knee, young man. And it was NOT giving pony rides. No.
Joshua: Bongs and cake go together (apparently) so I'm not sure what you're hinting at here. :) Did you have that Twisted yet? You'll be higher than any bong can deliver.
Pearl: All sorts of cake! Frosted, iced, covered in crisp layers of chocolate, buttercream, shaped like caterpillars - you name it, I've eaten it in the last few weeks. Goddamn, I'm partially hoping I WILL get sick of it. :)
ReplyDeleteLaughingMom: I know, usually I'd agree but honestly, I'm getting dangerously close to the edge of the precipice of too much cakeness. I'm almost having panic attacks at the enormity of this.
Elly: Honey. Really. Your life is just out of control. Alien presence in your womb, cake for breakfast, OHIO???? You need some good R&R and TLC. Not the terrible channel. One has enough multi wived, multi kid, cake baking small people being condescended to, already.
Eva: See? It's true isn't it? One can "over appreciate" things like cake. And it always ends in tragedy, like reaching for an apple.
Brandon: Well when you put it like THAT, I start to feel like an asshole. I'm starting to question my own sanity. :)
Sweet Cheeks: Yeah I'll be robbing my family for money for cake. I'll be injecting full strength corn syrup into my veins. Soon I won't be able to get out of bed without a moist sponge cake with buttercream frosting. WHAT WILL I DO?
Olga: Yes, they're not shy about pressing your lady-lumps at all. It's a game to them. When they're 16 it's a little creepy though...
Betty: It's true! The sentiment I mean not the 'best sentence' thing. I am horrified at the idea of breeding. Another person like me? God no. The world can't handle that atrocity.
TJ: Groan. :) More like a Cold Rich Tea. God I hated Rich Tea biscuits as a kid. Useless, tasteless, nasty dry things. Of course I don't drink tea, maybe that is the point...
There's definitely too much cake. I don't know what to add because I just woke up from a nap and am really confused. I get you on the drooling-on-shirt-pattern there, I'm the same.
ReplyDeleteOk, maybe too much cake, but never enough brownies. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to ride my brownies around the living ro... wait, that could sound horribly wrong. So I'll stop talking. Now.
ReplyDeleteToo much cake sounds like a nightmare I never want to wake up from...
ReplyDeletewho cares about cake when there's pizza? even makeshift pizza. bad pizza is still good food. pizza. pizza. pizza. (also bad for your pants though.)
ReplyDeleteWynn: There is! It makes you all hyper and happy and OMG so sweet, but then sugar crash. Bloat. Pants having seizure. Ugh!
ReplyDeleteEric: Even I'm not touching THAT dude. :) TWSS.
JUST ME: Hahaha, you say that NOW, ME. Just wait. Just wait till you're stuck in a place nine hours a day and force fed cake. Nope, I'm not seeing the horror either, frankly...
Patty: YES! Pizza is still good no matter what. Well except sometimes it's not. But not often! Why are things that are bad for your pants so good? Hmmm?
WHY IS GARLIC BREAD NAAN SO GOOD? I AM YELLING BECAUSE IT IS DELICIOUS IN MY MOUTH.
ReplyDeleteTasting too much cake can have the potential for disaster, I agree. Like cavities. And perma-dying of your lips whatever color the frosting is. Hopefully teal. Hang in there. The world will soon give you less cake and more Ohio.
ReplyDeleteHow dare that evil child spawn ride you around like some sort of farm animal. Did you play a quick round of bucking bronco and accidentally chuck his little ass gently into a wall? That usually teaches those little scone grabbers ; )
ReplyDeleteAs for the cake, there can never be too much. The key is to balance it out. Make sure you have one piece for each side of your ass and you should be good to go!
The Ranter's Box
Too much cake? Are you for real? I refuse to believe that such a thing exists!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your ordeal with the 5 yr old. Kids can be total pains in the ass. (I should know. I have 3.) Maybe next time, you should have some of that imaginary "surplus" cake around to distract them.
Too much cake? Bah, I say. In fact, I took a baking class this week where I learned how to make opera cake. Now I know who doesn't want any!
ReplyDeleteToo much cake is after you've undone your trouser belt and then ahve to lie flat on your back to stop yourself being sick. Anything else is just wimpy.
ReplyDeleteWait, what? You have a kid? You were pregnant? Oh, no... Hold on. You were babysitting someone else's kid. I'M pregnant! HA! See what I did there? Saved you from reading one more blog post.
ReplyDeleteSo you're now tired of cake? Please don't tell me you're going to stop enjoying cheese too. Because that would be ridiculous and I would have to slap you straight.
Did you ever drink Moose Drool beer. I have. It's a good dark beer.
ReplyDeleteSo you get paid to eat cake? Didn't a French queen lose her head over that once?
There definitely is such a thing as too much cake... my body has told me this on several occasions after over-indulging! :s
ReplyDeleteFortunately I don't have access to a decent enough cake to have too much of except for a couple of times a year so I survive, learn my lesson, and then promptly forget it again for the next time! :p
Will you be participating in the Oceanic Blog-A-Thon for World Oceans Day? I'd love to read the Veg's take on it! ;o)
Ha! Old Chinese proverb say "Trouser elastic speak louder than idiots".
ReplyDeleteOr if it doesn't, it should....ignore anyone who tells you there is such a thing as a calorie free cake!
Rahul: Yell away my good man, as you are CORRECT. IT IS GOOD! :)
ReplyDeleteMartini: Cake lips is not something you want to be known as I suppose, no. And I don't know man. Cake or Ohio? What a choice.
Empress: I know, damn kids and their determination of riding anything they can get horizontal! One needs more cake just to cope with that!
Mama: Distracting kids with cake I feel would be a bad idea. I mean if there's one thing five year olds don't seem to need it's another reason to be hyper. A sugar high is not the best idea, I'm thinking...
Words: An OPERA cake dude? I don't know what it is but I'm about to google it and then I expect details and a tasting, ok? At least photos. Jesus.
Martin: Well done sir. I see you're an expert at this, clearly.
P: Wait...what? YOU'RE pregnant? No. Are you? No. What?
Lisle: No I never did and I'm not sorry because it sounds HORRIBLE! :) As for the French Queen I believe she let them EAT the cake and...that's all I know. She lost me at 'cake'.
Cris: I might! If I find out what the hell it IS! :) I like oceans though so you know...who knows.
Macy: And Veg say "Pants are assholes". The end. Hee. :)
I am the laziest person in the universe, would spend every day all day in bed if I could. Last weekend had whole weekend free with just the teenager and I watched 15 movies. I could have scaled Mt Everest or even gone on a hike but instead lay flat. Just read a post about insourciance, very posh word for being laid back so prefer to think of that being more applicable
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing wrong with rolling your pants in horseshit then eating them. We've all done it at some time. Let he who is without sin and all that jazz, eh?
ReplyDeleteThanks for another wise and informative post.
All the best, Boonie
The world really is coming to an end, right? Too much cake? I knew it. That weirdo dude was right in his predictions...just off on the date is all.
ReplyDeleteOh tell me about it! There's a bakery next door which never made anything I liked and I was totally okay with that.
ReplyDeleteAnd then they started making marzipan cake.
I kid you not. And it is goooooooood too. Bastards!
I thought I'd try it once. Just once, you know, just 'cuz. But no. No. Now I'm running into the bakery, shoving little old ladies out of the way at least twice a week to buy marzipan cake because it's just that awesome.
*sigh*
My diet had been going really well. I was almost fitting into my beloved summer shorts again and I was so happy. But now? Forget it. I should just throw the tiny shorts away and buy a freaking mu-mu!
Another refreshing glass of sauvy is always the solution for me. It always makes me terribly interesting and more able to deal with my own children. Other people's children are on their own! Never enough cake especially my mother's banana cake with choccy icing.
ReplyDeleteIT (being the World Oceans Day Oceanic Blog-A-Thon) is just a bunch of crazy bloggers getting together to share their love of the oceans on World Oceans DAy (today!!! June 8).
ReplyDeleteWe're live now, and posts are starting to come in. Join us! ;o)
http://crazycrishereandthere.blogspot.com/2011/06/oceanic-blog-thon-2011.html
Last Weekend: That sounds perfect to me. I miss lounging around watching movies and relaxing. I miss it! Goddamn, where can I get more time?
ReplyDeleteBoonie: Well. There's not much I can add to that really, is there? :) You have a lovely day, Sir.
Momma: Man, you might be right. I will let you know now though, I have had more cake and have decided it was merely a temporary hitch...
Cora: Well no one on Earth will blame you for craving marzipan ANYTHING so I say, screw those shorts. GIMME THE MARZIPAN!
Last Weekend: And I'm with you on the red. YES PLEASE. If it was possible to live and thrive on cheese, red wine and cake I'd be totally down with it. I'm just saying.
Cris: As soon as I get a moment I will check it out! I love oceans and marine things and goddamn it, I adore manatees. There, I said it, it's out in the open. Manatees are OUTSTANDING. And dolphins. I'm shutting up now.
ReplyDeleteDon't shut up Veg! Manatees are FABULOUS!!! And you show great taste in facing your manatee luverliness!!! (I just invented a word!!!)
ReplyDeletebe sure to check out the first post in the blog-a-thon... it's about manatees!!! :o)
"Riding me around the living room pony style, while I got rug burn on one knee and exacerbated the one that was already blaring at Defcon 1 with the yoga injury."
ReplyDeleteHmmm. Sounds suspiciously like The Sex I had with the husband last week!
Bada-bing, bada-boom!
Miss you!
Too much can happen, even to cake. My ass found out the hard way after working in a chocolate factory. No cake, but enough fudge and caramel, and gooey goodness to put me in fat lady pants.
ReplyDeleteAvoid the fat pants. They seduce you with room and comfort only to laugh in your face when they become the skinny jeans.
Bastards.
And, WTF are you doing with a child?! They're like cake, only smelly and loud; they make you fat too. Stick with the wine.
Trust me on this.
Cris: YES THEY ARE! :)
ReplyDeleteRobin: Well thanks for that, missy! :) There is no such thing as TMI on this blog.
Chef: I do, Chef, I do. Plus the child thing was a fluke. I think we all know my stance on tiny humans. It's a strictly "HELL NO" policy. It was a momentary lapse and totally out of my hands. Honest.