Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Seasonal Check In

It's funny how the moment the calendar becomes September, I have the urge to go buy some ugly, but oh so soft, slippers, new PJs and some candles. That's autumn to me. Nice lighting and enough cosy, woolly products to smother an entire kindergarten. Particularly when I'm living in a really old, nineteenth century house, that doesn't know what insulation is.

And of course, wine. I mean wine's for every season, it's true, but it just goes along with all the cosy, no? It does, because I live inside of a Hallmark movie.

Talking of movies, (because damn if I cannot segue like a boss!) I just need some good horror movies, because those also go with autumnal things. Trouble is, there are so few good ones. There are about three trillion terrible horror movies, however. If anyone has any suggestions of some good ones I might not have seen, let me know! I'm not big on paranormal type horrors, or anything that's just a jump-scare slasher film. I like tense! Tense and slow building, and the less gory the better, although I make exceptions. I guess I like horror/thrillers maybe?

Talking of horror movies, I vacuumed under the bed the other day. Yikes. You don't want to know what sinister underworld was occurring down there. I needed a stiff shot of something strong to recover.

Nothing much else to say, so here's a poster I made for fun, a few months ago, of an evil ginger troll in a bathtub full of money while the world burns. You are absolutely welcome.




10 comments:

  1. segue like the seasons - that will be my new seasonal phrase.
    Scary movies (not necessarily horror movies) can be tough to pull off well. I like ones that allow you to think about the possible terror before any terror is thrown at you. I recommend an old one, so you may have seen it but it's worth watching again - Wait Until Dark with Audrey Hepburn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisle: You know I have not seen it! I will look out for it though, I like an old movie! I agree, lots of suspense before any horror. If it's just blood and gore and unlikely situations, I lose interest fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, LOVE the poster! You are so darn creative...
    The scariest movie I've seen in a long time is the Blair Witch Project. I know a lot of people didn't like it, but it scared the bejeesus out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so all over the candles, slippers, jammies, add in some wine, soaps, lotions. It's like hybernation spa time with at home Walmart fashion. Your Trump in a Tub kind of alarmed me. You are bordering on hard core porn now on your site. LOL. JK Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I found this in the news. Well what I call news might not be the most common use of the word. I was wondering if you had seen any blobs in Canada. https://youtu.be/vdUXX8Te5pE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat: Well thank you. Have to get your frustration out SOME how, right? :)

    Fargo: Oh god, me too. The second fall arrives I get out the candles and start thinking about bubble baths and warm sweaters and hibernation. I no longer live in a hideously cold climate, but I still want the cosy, you know?

    Lisle: It might not be news as many know it, but it is MY KIND OF NEWS :) And yes, I have seen many, just not the pond life variety. Also, next time I'm in Stanley Park, I'm-a-looking for blobs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. no pressure but what will Santa think if you don't do at least one more post this year? Maybe a seasonal post. Happy Merry vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisle: You know, I was thinking about it because my head is full of stuff, but then I can't collect it into one little, concise package... I MIGHT TRY. :) Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. After much anticipation, I just saw Blair Witch 2. I was so excited to see it, and was so disappointed. I really sucked!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PAT: I didn't even know it existed! But yeah, sequels should be banned for the most part.

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your rhythm stick.

Here's the What What

So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...