At the end of the holiday I spent a few days just hanging out in Vancouver, walking my feet into bloody stumps, drinking too much wine/beer/cocktails, having food with friends, etc. Here are a couple of my friends here. Both are tasty. I favoured the brunette...
Other than that, I enjoyed being in the mountains, staring at glacial lakes and staying in a mountain cabin. I especially enjoyed the return journey into Vancouver in the pelting rain and fog and rush hour traffic. It's like it knew I was coming.
Here are a few photos, to bore you with.
Beautiful Lake Moraine on a cloudy early morning
Bridge in Golden, BC
Lake Louise in the morning - the water is actually that color
Some logs on the beach in Vancouver
Rainy night in downtown Vancouver
Part of the Vancouver Skyline
Lake Louise again
Canoes on Lake Moraine on a chilly, cloudy, early morning
I could go on, but I'll spare you. Hope you're all well?









Glorious pics!
ReplyDeleteSo Mother Nature saves the pelting rain and fog just for you. How nice. I visited Vancouver on a biz trip once. I recall eating and drinking in gastown. Also the residents could pretend to be gophers with all the interconnected buildings and passages.
ReplyDeleteI bet that bridge was a train bridge once. Nice lakes.
Yes those beers were in Gastown, which is my favourite part of the city. And thankfully the rain was only the night I got back, was sunny the rest of the time. The lakes are beautiful! :)
ReplyDeleteOMG. Oh, Canada! Those are such amazing pics...I hope you are a published photographer and famous living a secret undercover blog life as a normal mate.
ReplyDeleteHaha, yes, I am doing all of...that (not). But thank you!
ReplyDeleteI love that place. Nature huh!
ReplyDeleteMel: Thank you lady! I didn't get a notification of your comment because WTF! Just stumbled on it. Sorry for slow response. :)
ReplyDeleteEllet: Nature. It's its own party.
Aside from the Vancouver skyline, it all looks so peaceful. If only my kids would be that peaceful.
ReplyDeleteMr W: it is, aside from the tourists :) I took the skyline pic from the park though, early in the morning, so it was peaceful apart from the odd jogger. Kids though? Yeah, good luck with your peace and quiet!
ReplyDeleteI'm LOVING the HDR pics! Very, VERY cool. Bravo!
ReplyDeleteCora: thanks man! Usually I'm more subtle with them but the beauty of the lakes and stuff cried out for it on certain pics! :)
ReplyDeleteYou take some of the best pictures ever...
ReplyDeleteAnd I should take a vacation sometime...
Yes you SHOULD! :)
ReplyDeleteI've been considering places that are pretty much off the grid out in BFE that you're allowed to take pets to. Cause I think me and Wunderhund could have a blast in the woods for a few days.
ReplyDeleteWow! That is a really large group of amazing photos! I only like HDR when it's like these photos. To me, most people go so far, that the photo, doesn't even look like a photo anymore, it looks like a painting. I love these though!
ReplyDeleteThe next to last photo is really amazing. It FORCES your eyes to move up and down. I LOVE it! You are so darn talented...
You are supposed to be spent when returning from a vacation.
ReplyDeleteYour photos are AMAZING! Lake Louise is gorgeous...
Damn! Those pics are STUNNING!!!
ReplyDeleteNice to get a reminder of Moraine Lake and Lake Louise! Beautiful spots in the Rockies... would love to go back some day!
I always say "my next vacation I'm going to come back a few days early so I can rest up before going to work"... Never do! Seems like I HAVE to stretch it out as much as possible. And I'm always tired when I go back to work. But it's a good tired. ;o)
Beautiful pictures, I love it!
ReplyDeleteAnd I also prefer the brunette.