I've just returned from a sixteen day vacation to everywhere. I'm pretty sure vacations aren't supposed to be about returning more exhausted than when you left, but somehow I managed. It was worth it, however, due to the amount of stuff I got to see and the surface area covered.
During that time I enjoyed mountains, desert, ocean coastline, forest, cities, desolate highways and a whole lot of roads. A lot. Some of the time I wore sandals and sweated in 100 degree temperatures, others I wore a winter coat and boots.
That's how much distance was covered!
From northern Washington state and Oregon, to Northern California, to Southern California, Nevada, Utah, Idaho and Montana. Crazy!
Now I'm home and a little brain dead trying to get back into the scheme of things. It's like my creative brain took a vacation with me. Need to oil those cogs!
For now, until I recover sufficiently to post something that isn't mind numbingly boring, here's my favourite photo from the trip because it makes me so warm and happy on this cloudy day! From Joshua Tree National Park.
See you all later.
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Here's the What What
So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...
-
Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 - the wee small hours of insomnia Religion. It's all around us. And it's killing us in record num...
-
You know what? Swearing's a fine tool to have in your arsenal, and Lord knows it's my favourite power tool of all - even better tha...
-
Tuesday, April 19th, 2011 – achey breaky knee, Tonka Bean chocolate is good, digging plaid Hi! Yes you! Remember me? I sometimes post n...

That's a lot of ground you covered. Having not lived in a desert I found that national park very interesting. So different than the midwest. Also just within that one park the terrain changes with the various elevations. Please do share your interesting stops/observations/tips/snakebites/roadkills/etc. from your adventure.
ReplyDeleteWow! That's a lot of ground to cover! I'm sure it was worth it!
ReplyDeleteLisle: It is, but it was fascinating how the terrain changes and to be in the hot desert one day and the cool mountains a few days later was fun.
ReplyDeleteEva: Yes ma'am it was (on both counts). I just kept thinking "Hmmm THIS would be a nice spot to park an Airstream!" About EVERYWHERE.
Did you do 101? We did that drive a few years back. From Aberdeen to Florence.
ReplyDeleteWe were on it here and there but we did the old highway number one down the coast for most of the California part of the trip. I think we were on about five hundred different roads. We limited the major interstates and stick mainly to minor roads. Was cool!I like all the little back road gas stations and buildings in old route 66 towns. A route 66 trip would be fun. Aberdeen to Florence though, that sounds cool.
ReplyDeleteWow! Now that is what I call a road trip!
ReplyDeleteLOVE your photo from JTNP. I believe that we were there at the same time you were. Isn't the trip up (or down) the coast on Hwy 1 awesome?
Nice to see that you are out there...
That HWY number 1 trip IS awesome. That's the second time I've done it and loved it both times. And of course afterwards you have the desert. Yay to that!
ReplyDeleteI'm just realizing I've missed a lot of blog posts. How many have I been slacking on? Sorry about that.
ReplyDeleteHardly any! I'm a slacker at posting still due to distractions everywhere! Are you posting? You should be! I enjoy your craziness.
ReplyDelete