Well not by trade, although, if I could make money out of it, sure, why not? I'm pretty good at it. Experienced. I could probably get a fancy-assed degree in it. With honours!
Being an insomniac much of the time means I often end up getting up in the night and sitting in the living room staring out at the water or watching the quiet street till I start to feel tired enough that I might actually sleep. Sometimes you get the odd person out wandering or riding a bike at 3 am and you can watch them, sneakily, without their knowledge, as they slink on by the front gate, scratching their butt or picking their nose, happily figuring no one knows. Well I know, fella! But it'll be our little secret.
Last night I winded up watching a creepy old episode of "Supernatural" on Netflix when I couldn't sleep, as TV makes me sleepy. It worked, but ironically, when I climbed back into bed, I still couldn't sleep because every little creak or bump made me sit upright, listening for serial killers or demons to burst through the basement door. Thank goodness I have one of those crappy little chains on there like the ones you slide onto the front door before you open it to a stranger.
Because, yeah, I'm pretty sure those are demon proof...
Those chains are TOTALLY demon-proof btw! ;-)
ReplyDeleteThose are totally demon proof! If your demons are solid and ya know, not thin!
ReplyDeleteIt is so great to find you back out here in the ethers!
ReplyDeleteI still owe you a return email, I haven't forgotten, I am just lazy...
I used to have troubles sleeping until I found the right medication.
Mmmmm, sweet, sweet meds...
Wynn: I agree. They are, aren't they? I mean they're COMPLICATED! :)
ReplyDeleteSkypop: Hi dude! No worries, take your time, lord knows it takes me months to respond to people all the time for the same reason. :) I need some sleep meds I think. I fight doing it but man, I remember back when I took Ambien. Sweet, sweet Ambien. I loved it SO MUCH...
I'm pretty sure than the ghosts in my house, would keep any demons from getting in.
ReplyDeleteI've never been a good night sleeper either. I can do a pretty awesome nap during the day though.
I'm better at the napping too. It's like my brain gets tricked. It's not too sharp you know.
ReplyDeleteI should be an insomniac. I lay down and think I will never get to sleep. And then I'm asleep before Cora.
ReplyDeleteThe most maddening thing about insomnia is when you get the fun night terrors. So, not being able to move, but you're not asleep, and thanks for the gigantic middle finger body. Being so tired you can't sleep sucks a big one too. Or you can have a rottweiler who likes licking his lips, and for some reason that sound drives you bonkers, and you wake up to him going at said licking. Good times.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure I remember what restful sleep feels like.
I was an insomniac in college. I couldn't sleep more than three hours a night. It was awful. On the plus side, I wrote a lot of interesting poetry during those nights. On the minus side, my hair started falling out in clumps. Insomnia can be a jerk, that's for sure.
ReplyDeleteCora, it's a total bitch of a thing! When I'm in it I'm delirious and over everything. Luckily no hair loss though. I could probably stand to lose some now I think of it.
ReplyDelete