Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Yeah...

What the hey, old blog world, are you still there?

Man, I've been busy. And lazy. And non-involved in stuff. And I got a new computer and once again, lost all my blog subscriptions and am now scratching my head in confusion as to how to find everyone again. Hi, I haven't changed AT ALL!

I'm considering doing this again here and there. I miss it. Sometimes. I don't know if anyone's still out there though and well. It's never going to be the heyday of the early thousands right? Everyone's Facebooking their asses off nowadays and I'm still NOT doing that, and only embracing the continuing joy that is Instagram while trying avidly to avoid their constant insistence that I might like to check out Kim Kardashian's latest nude celebration of self (um...no?) or other some other vapid fame whores I care nothing about.

Wasn't there a cyber Monday recently? Did anyone blog? Am I delirious? Don't even answer that.

If you're there, say hello. If you're not there, I'll just send you vibes.

Good?

24 comments:

  1. I haven't taken the Instagram plunge yet... which is strange since even my sixty-something-year old mother is on it. When Pinterest came out I decided I wasn't getting caught up in another social media platform. That & the fact that, with Instagram, I'm afraid I'll get sucked in (especially since there are so many hot, young, aspiring models trying use it to get their big break by posting thousands of pics of themselves in bikinis or yoga pants). N-not that I know what goes on Instagram, mind you! I'm totally not paying attention to it.

    Glad to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I’m trying to do this too but it seems like it just doesn’t take off ya know. Even opened up W again but haven’t posted in a while. Well, why may be obvious but still. I miss it. Maybe it’s just over? Beating a dead horse? Everyone’s stepped over to Instagram that Facebook is now ruining with their fucking asshole algorithms so that’s gonna suck. What are we gonna do? None of all the awesome blogs I’ve read posts anymore, I can’t find any new ones, and inspire of my reading numbers increasing before I went on a break, fewer people comment. Are blogs dying for reals now? I hate this image-based media that rules now, I want to know what people have to TELL me, not just show me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And then... the very next day, Vinny joins Instagram...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vinny: Hahaha, you did NOT? Did you? Hilarious. It's a weird thing IG because I have a private account and only have about five followers who I know. I'm not one for public social mediaing my ass off. Still no FB either. But I'm all for IG as I love photos, I just don't need to see celebrity photos and stuff, screw that! If you have a public account where are you? I WILL SPY ON YOU! :)

    Ellet: Dude, seriously, it's sad. It used to be the best community and so much fun but everyone's off having lives and things and updating FB and as I don't have one or want one I never see what they're up to. BOO! I need to get my act in order and sort out my subs again and get your new blog on my list here (are you still writing it, since the google reader fucked off I never remember to check anyone's blogs anymore). Let's try it. Let's try it again for a bit and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still posting but not as often as in the heyday of blogs. Actually my peak was never all that high.
    You words "non-involved in stuff" - that sure is a whatever type phrase. Slogging along through the muck of life? Well don't slog, blog.
    I thought you ran out of vegetables to kill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisle, dude, you NEVER run out of vegetables. I tend to kill them by turning them into delicious casseroles. I'm THAT sadistic.

    Non-involved in ONLINE stuff then, how's that? Jeez. :) One day I'll have something to write about then you'll be sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vibes! Etcetera! I keep wanting to go back to the blogging - it was so much fun! Happy you're there, or here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same to you, Sir! Yes, they were fun days. My brain feels...rusty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would ya please start writing again? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Veg, your return has inspired me.

    Not sure yet whether that's a good or bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CAROLYN: Well, if only I had something to write about! :) I'm going to try though. Hi!

    Dog: It's a 'look out world' thing. It's a 'the stranger Lido is back in town'thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. VEGGGG! HIIIIII! I'm still here!

    I haven't blogged in years. I miss it. I want to get back into it but at this job, my computer faces the doorway so anytime anyone walks by, they can see my computer screen, which isn't conducive to effin' about writing blogs, not doing work. But since it seems no one is blogging anymore (except those few famous powerhouse career bloggers who I don't care much about anyway) I'm not missing much by not posting. I do miss having that outlet though and I miss the little community of regular blogger friends that I'd love to read about and hear from. I still have Feedly on my cell phone though so on the rare occasion that someone does post, I can happily consume their words.

    I'm on Twitter regularly and Instagram. If you've gone this long without Facebook, don't join now. I hate it so bad. But it's the only way I know anything about some family members so I remain on it, even though it enrages and frustrates me on the regular.

    My friends convinced me to join Snapchat last week and I hate it with every essence of my being. It's too much. I just can't with it. I am an adult woman. Why am I on Snapchat? Why? WHY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiiiii Veggggg!

    It's nice to hear from you. I haven't posted to my blog in years. I miss it though. But my computer at work faces the doorway so anyone who walks by can see what's on my computer which isn't conducive to effin' about, reading and writing blogs, not working. And since I did all of my blog writing at work, I can no longer blog. I do miss the outlet that blogging offered and I miss my little community of fellow bloggers who'd become my virtual friends. But since no one seems to blog anymore, I guess I'm not missing much. I do still have Feedly on my cell phone though so in the rare instances when someone posts to their blog (like you did), I can happily consume their words.

    If you've gone this long without Facebook, never look back, never join. I hate Facebook but am obligated to stay on it because it's the only way I communicate with some of my family members, who are scattered all over the place. I enjoy Instagram and still post regularly to Twitter. My friend convinced be to join Snapchat last week but I hate it with every essence of my being. I hate it so bad. I cannot with it. I am going to cancel my account and go back to living a Snapchat-free life, which is a better life.

    Byeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiiiii Veggggg!

    It's nice to hear from you. I haven't posted to my blog in years. I miss it though. But my computer at work faces the doorway so anyone who walks by can see what's on my computer which isn't conducive to effin' about, reading and writing blogs, not working. And since I did all of my blog writing at work, I can no longer blog. I do miss the outlet that blogging offered and I miss my little community of fellow bloggers who'd become my virtual friends. But since no one seems to blog anymore, I guess I'm not missing much. I do still have Feedly on my cell phone though so in the rare instances when someone posts to their blog (like you did), I can happily consume their words.

    If you've gone this long without Facebook, never look back, never join. I hate Facebook but am obligated to stay on it because it's the only way I communicate with some of my family members, who are scattered all over the place. I enjoy Instagram and still post regularly to Twitter. My friend convinced be to join Snapchat last week but I hate it with every essence of my being. I hate it so bad. I cannot with it. I am going to cancel my account and go back to living a Snapchat-free life, which is a better life.

    Byeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. THERE YOU ARE, NIK!

    You're all in this post! Yeah, hardly anyone on my blog list seems to be still blogging and I can't complain since neither am I till now. Hey, I don't feel like you've been gone though since I see you every day on IG!

    Oh well. We'll see what happens here I suppose...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I felt the vibe and here I am. Of course, I check every once-in-a-while anyway to see if you've posted something. I like what you've done to the place. Your header photos look kind of like rock art (of the ancient type).

    I hope you continue to post, even if it's on a limited basis. You are so funny and creative and always one of my favorites.

    I have a FB page, but pretty much only use it after I post something on my blog. I usually don't even do that. Most of what is there, is the result of other people "tagging" me.

    I draw the line at a much lower level. I refuse to do texting. Everybody seems to expect instant response these days and I don't want any part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know Pat, you are always so nice to me, you're an ego boost! I'm surprised you have time to post ever with your fab traveling life. You really should be a historian. My tablet insisted in trying to change that to histogram which...don't be a histogram.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome back. You were missed.

    Gotta say, I periodically really want to hop back on to something like this again... Sadly, adulting takes most of the time. And canine. One must not let Bored Rottweiler Syndrome happen.

    Unless you don't like your couch. Then you let it set in. Maybe join in the fun? Who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lord: Hahaha, is that puppy the boss of you? What am I saying, of COURSE he is.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whee! You found me and I found you! This has brought me joy. Your funny shines on the world.

    ReplyDelete
  21. BTW...I did not mean any of that in a creepy way.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey you! I miss ye olde blogginess too. *sniffle* I sometimes think about starting mine up again too. Or maybe a brand new one. Facebook is an annoying time suck mostly. AND a tattletale. Half of what I say on FB gets someone's skivvies in a bunch and I end up having to explain misunderstood things to my dad. GRR. I can't even post pictures with my own kid tagged in them without causing my ex's family to lose their shit and either leave mean comments directed at my kid or send me enraged psycho emails in which they say they don't think I'm allowed to enter WA State without their permission. For real! I miss the safety bubble of Blog World. It was a much friendlier place. I could say what was on my mind without the sky falling as a result.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Momma: Suuuuuure......:)

    Cora: Jesus,I still have no idea what you ever did to get stuck with these frightening neanderthal idiot ex in laws. WTF? I so glad you're not under their control, good Lord. Screw those guys.

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your rhythm stick.

Here's the What What

So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...