Monday, December 2, 2013

Cyber Funday!

Monday, December 2nd, 2013

Well hello, Cyber Monday!  Nice to see you.  And it's nice you are doing your sweet thing on a Monday because Mondays are just pointless otherwise aren't they?  Dragging you out of a nice, warm bed way too early to scrape cold shit off your car before you can go anywhere?  Horrible.  Anyway, here's hoping everyone in the entire world listens to Scope and comes out to play.

Anyway, I hope the blogosphere responds because man, I miss all my old buddies, who're no longer out there and the rest of us who are when time permits, which isn't as often anymore.  I've had so many laughs out of this place it's been unreal.  Nowadays everyone's all "Tweet me this" and "Facebook me that!" and it's sad because is that all our attention spans are now?  Little bite sized chunks of information.

Plus dudes?  "Facebook" is not and should never be, a verb.  Or indeed a thing.

I like Instagram though, which FB owns, but shhhhh don't tell anyone.

How are you all this fine Monday? For me, this weekend was spent being too ill to celebrate my stupid birthday, then trying to fit insanely large Ikea furniture in a less insanely large car, putting together said furniture (always such a fun, fun occupation, though immensely improved with the addition of an alcoholic beverage) and trying to jettison this damn flu thing into orbit or anywhere that isn't in me.  I've half succeeded, but the death rattle cough remains.  My neighbours LOVE me.  Soon as I'm horizontal, [insert hideous rasping cough straight from some hell demon, here].

Next week I start a new painting for my living room because I'm sick to death of staring at a blank wall that needs a giant-ass Airstream on it so that means a trip to the art store (yay!) so I can lovingly finger canvases and special paper and tweak the ends of brushes, all without fear of arrest.

So as I sit here, in my pleasant smelling John Dies at the End t-shirt and hair that hasn't seen a brush since Saturday, I bid you a gigantic, resounding HI! And I hope to see some of you either here or at your place or around because, wouldn't that be fantastic?  I miss you guys!


29 comments:

  1. I almost got sucked into the Facebook/Twitter vortex myself while using them to promote my blog. All the job changes & school work didn't help either. I think I found my balance, though. I'm trying to get back to blogging regularly. After that, my next goal would be to write something worth reading from time to time too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how the urge to resurrect our blogs seemed to happen for many of us at about the same time. I'm gonna try to do better. Happy Birthday and I hope you feel better, VA! I've missed everyone, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I would have commented sooner but only just saw your link on FB ;)

    Yay art!

    I saw a beautiful silver Airstream the other day and was reminded of my retirement plan to drive one about the US.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vinny: I have yet to give into FB. I am the last hold out, ha! Twitter though. I lurk. And occasionally tweet. Shhhhh!

    Chris: SIR! Long time no see. I like that you've crawled out the woodwork, yes indeed. And thanks for the wishes and hope you guys have a fine winter.

    Soda: Miss A! Long time no see YOU either. How are you? Are you blogging? I will check it out. HI!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There has been a definitely decline in the number of posts I write lately and I want to get better about that. I'm thinking I may even revamp the look/layout/design of my blog for the new year. I say that now but let's see if I actually do it. Sometimes laziness prevails. Probably a little too often but oh well.

    I love putting together IKEA furniture. Seriously. And I like doing it all by myself. I'm just odd like that.

    Down with Facebook! But long live Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Veggie! How are you? I miss seeing your lovely paintings!

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take pictures of that mothereffer on the wall when you're finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soda: I saw that! I commented!

    Nic: Same, but maybe my life will get more exciting and well...never mind. Haha! I don't mind Ikea stuff. It's quite intuitive really how they concoct everything so any monkey can build it (me).

    Red: RED!!!!OMG! Where have you been? So nice to hear from you again. You still out east or did you head back west?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in Texas now. The things we do for love :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ellet: I WILL! :) I'm actually going to paint the same one as the top of my sidebar (I sold that one and it was fairly small so I want to do a bigger version as I liked the colours). So yay?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Red: OH!!!!! Texas :) That does sound intriguing. But a happy reason!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can smell you from here and you're old! :-) Happy birthday, art and so on!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you get rid of the pestilence, and wonderful to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dale: YOU ARE CORRECT! :) And thanks, fucker.

    Skypop: It's on the way out now (I hope!) so thank you. And wonderful to see YOU too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have, indeed, resurrected my long-neglected bloggy blog blog as well - and moved it to new digs over at WordPress as a learning exercise (I learned that learning new things makes my head hurty). I'm finding that I'm very prone to blogging what should be Facebook posts. "I had Chinese for breakfast! Yum!" I'll string fifteen half-thoughts, little snippets of things, together and call it a Blog Post now. It's like I've forgotten that you can have a thought longer than one sentence.

    I'm wearing overalls today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You were sick on your birthday? That is complete bullshit. You need a birthday do-over once you're well again. It's totally allowed--nay, EXPECTED--I promise.

    Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel a little proud of all the bloggy going on today. Hope things start hopping around blog worlds again.

    And I've finally gotten around to adding you, too.

    And when you paint your living room, go this way: LINK

    ReplyDelete
  18. We miss you more! at least, I do!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chris: Yes, I found and added your new one. I'm glad you're still out there blogging though instead of me dropping you a line every two years going "ARE YOU ALIVE?" haha!

    Cora: I was! I was just a big, energyless, coughy mess. Didn't even have a cake. Had no enthusiasm for it. Not to say that I won't this week sometime. I mean make up for lost time, why not!? You need to post more entries again lady. There. That told you.

    Scope: Hahahaha, I am SO doing that. Because that is not terrifying AT ALL. In fact, I might paint myself into that mural and make it truly awesomely horrifying.

    Eva: Awww you are too busy to miss anyone, woman. Hope Mr. Eva is home and well?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello there, dear Veggie!

    Being sick on your birthday?! Now what kind of shit is THAT? Don't do it again. Seriously. Do something else.

    Wish I were closer, to help you paint. Alas, while you and I are both out scraping cold stuff off of things before we can go anywhere, we're still hundreds and hundreds of miles apart...

    Welcome back.

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  21. I remember you from back in the day but I don't remember your awesome paintings! Do you have small prints of these, perhaps in notecard or postcard form?

    And here's the Birthday Rule According to Moxie: You are allowed to celebrate your birthday starting when the Sun moves into your zodiac sign and ending on the last day of your birth month. So there's still time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Veg! I emailed you - did you get it? How can I pester you properly if you don't acknowledge my pestering???

    Have missed you too. And since you've posted this, I am assuming you were nowhere near that helicopter crash in Glasgow on the weekend, or that at least you weren't killed!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pearl: I know, I have a NERVE! And well, go look at the Lounge. There's a question you might be able to answer. :)

    Moxie: Hello to YOU, Ms. Moxie and thank you for the compliment. I will soon have those in some print form as well as many other things so yay! If I get any postcards I'll let you know! And I like your birthday rule, I intend a cake this week because I CAN. Even though my birth month was November. I break ALL the rules.

    C&S: Nowhere near it, no. About as far from it as you can get actually. :) How are YOU my good buddy?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sick on your birthday? That's no good. You should get two birthdays next year.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dude...maybe I WILL! Or I'll have a random one somewhere when I feel like it. Like in the summer. Yeah. Summer birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You were allowed a birthday? I thought those were frown on by older women. But what do I know I've been frown on so much I've given up on the reason. So nice for you to browse over to my blog. I will start checking for updates here once again. FB has it's place but that place is much much lower on my list. Blogs are much more interesting and enjoyable. Happy Birthday kid.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey! Stop fingering those canvasses!

    Sorry you were sick for your birthday. I fully endorse the idea of a replacement birthday whenever you choose.

    I feel remiss as I see you have been blogging all along! Then again, it's okay because now I have some veggie goodness to catch up on. Glad to see you participated!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lisle, oh haha cheeky fucker.😁 I basically like an excuse for wine and cake is that wrong? Then I don't want to be right.

    Words: well not blogging really, more pretending to, haha. I see you are in the land down under, currently. I know why but not how long for and I'm nosy. Hope all is going well!

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your rhythm stick.

Here's the What What

So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...