Thursday, January 17, 2013

Then There's This...

Wednesday, January 17th 2013

Awwww yes! The sun is shining and turns out there IS a world out there.

I hope you are all well?  I'm not at work today, but I AM hard at work, procrastinating.  Not just anyone can procrastinate at my lordly levels, I'll have you know.  It takes practice.  Routine.  Coffee fueled marathons of staring blankly at things, while hoping they take care of themselves.  They don't. Yet still I live in hope.

I have developed a tickly cough.  I am not sick in any way (except maybe the part of my brain that weaves elaborate tales and talks to animals) I just have this cough.  And also, my hair is too long again.  And I haven't touched it with a brush today.  And I have bags under my eyes.  And there's a rumour I might still be wearing pajamas. And starting lots of sentences with "and".

But there are good things!

1) I have commenced on the second draft of my NaNoWriMo 2012 project, after a month of not going near the thing and a complete rewrite is underway as well as some big changes.  Obviously this is good for ME, not necessarily YOU.  Sorry to be misleading.

2) Also it's actually almost light when I get to work in the morning now, after a "30 Days of Night" scenario (thankfully minus any rabid Danny Huston vampire types!) where I barely saw daylight at all for a month or so.

3) Dogimo has a new Stranger Lido episode up and well...I just fucking love The Stranger Lido to death, so you should go read that and the nine earlier episodes too and see if you don't just fall in love with TSL too.  I might just be weird.  You decide. (don't)  I also have Boz Scaggs' "Lido Shuffle" stuck in my head now, so eff YOU, guy.

4) Greek yogurt with honey, how come that isn't the elixir that heals the world?  I think I may have discovered this fact, get right on that, Middle Eastern leaders and reality show divas.

5)  I added three of my latest paintings to the sidebar.  Some of you have already seen them, most of you have not.  Almost all of you don't give a shit.  Ha!  Yes, two of them are Airstreams, AND???

Okay, on reflection that's not a LOT of good things, but it's a start.  I mean it's only January, for crying out loud. And I apologize for all the profanity but well.  I don't really care either.  I'm foul mouthed, I deal with it.


33 comments:

  1. Well, Hello, you're back on here then (says the man who missed your Monday post by a couple of hours and has only just started commenting again today after trying to find out if blogger does domain names and email addresses).

    It's so pleasant to see this other side of you. Yeehaaa! I look forward to your ramblings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I'm up for critiquing your book when it's almost ready

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first comment got lost, stupid internets.

    It has come to my attention that your blog has stopped appearing in my feed. No wonder I was missing you. I am glad to have your musings again.

    Procrastination is something I know all too well. I am still working on those Jedi mind-tricks too. One day things will do themselves. They will!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you again. I'm about to start the second draft of my NaNo from two years ago. The one from last year...will need to be redone. Good luck with your second draft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really know much about you but I love reading your posts even though you are far too intelligent for me. I love your paintings and you seem to be super-talented in a multitude of things.
    I must however, sadly let you know that I am the queen of procrastion. Need proof? OK. My hunter/husband left early Monday morning. He will be gone several weeks. Since that time-and it is Thursday now-I have only gotten dressed two of those days. I have taken one shower. I ran the dishwasher and put out the garbage on trash day. I also spent yesterday shopping for 6 peaceful hours at the thrift shop.
    What have I been doing? Not a damn thing. I sit all day in the kitchen watching TV and smoking and drinking coffee. And then there is the obligatory chocolate. Hours and hours of Hoise and Criminal Minds re-runs EVERY DAY. I need to water the petals that are still left on my neglected poinsettias. I need to spray lube on my car door gaskets so they don't freeze shut. I need to scrape the ice off my skating rink of a driveway. I need to do laundry and empty the dishwasher and clean and so many other things. So, while you are the most talented and artistic person I know, I am the best procrastination. The queen! In fact, I have the tiara to prove it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have a mysterious cough of dubious origin! What gives? It's good to see you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Martin: Haha, I will bear that in mind, thanks! It's going to be a while.

    Daniella: That happens to me ALL the time. Especially when I have those gibberish captchas in two parts to type. Those things are the bane of existence! As for procrastination? I'd do it more but I can't be bothered. :)

    Joshua: Ditto to you! Man, restarting is HARD! I don't have to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Middle Child!!! Well I don't know, lady, that sounds like what I call GOODTIMES! Especially the pajamas and chocolate thing. And the coffee. And add in a little wine maybe. YES MA'AM! You enjoy that you time, that's what I say. Happy new year!

    Jenna: Haha dude. I have no sympathy for your cough in your f*cking 75 degree January heaven. :) No, I'm not jealous. What gave you THAT idea?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hell Yeah! bring on the sun.....I dont care if its -10 and sunny just need to get rid of the dark grey cloud bizniz! Not much hope of that though, everyone here panic buying cos they say its going to snow like all of 3-7cm tomorrow and the world will end or something....hah, lightweights!
    Reminds me, must stock up on essentials....wine beer taco's.(oh and horse burgers)
    Got plenty of the Greek yoghurt, works wonders for thrush apparently...just dont get my "special" pot mixed up with yours in the fridge......mmmmm so smooth soo coooling, ahem!
    Anywho.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hair's too long??? Hmmm well I can see how you would be quite busy for months just growing your hair

    Maybe I'll resolve to do that this year too...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know, Bloggs, you can ALWAYS rely on you to lower the tone! And that's always a surprise to anyone who thought there were no further depths it could sink to! Awesome! Also, if my yogurt is even ever in the same COUNTY as yours there will be LABELS. :)

    Macy: It is! I always let it go till I can't stand it any more then go and cut it off and then the whole thing starts over. It's like a weed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so very awesome to see you blogitizing out in this corner of the woods again!

    What? That isn't a word? Of course it is, and worth a metric shitload of points in scrabble.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there Mr. Skypop! Yeah, you know, I like to stress my omnipotence when I can. So surprise! I'm sure Scrabble and dictionaries all bow down to your deputizing of new, important words, don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are you back to blogging again? You don't need to brush your hair to blog unless you can't see the screen. How bad is your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lisle: Well it's not quite THAT bad. I mean I'm not tripping over it or sitting on it or obscuring screens with it (not on a good day, anyway) So I guess the answer is YES! (was there a question? I don't know!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your paintings. And I too go to work in the dark...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Why, thank you, miss Libby! I appreciate it since I never think they're good enough. I'm improving though! And yeah, let it be light soon. So much more cheerful when there's light in abundance!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your new paintings are beautiful! NIce to see you back in the blogverse.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dude, it's your trailer right? The one you scoot around in the world with, visiting places! Right?

    I'm gonna assume it is.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey stranger! Only when you appeared in my google reader did I realise just how long it had been since you last popped up.

    Don't disappear on us again, okay???

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww you're so nice! :) I noticed the other day you can climb that pole like a crazy person now. WELL DONE! Man, I would be the worst pole climber ever. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Greek yoghurt with honey... music to my ears! Magic for my tastebuds!

    Why don't I have any in the fridge right now?! And it's too late to hit the supermarket! (well, it's not, but it's cold, dark and raining... even Greek yoghurt wouldn't get me out in this weather!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh holy night! You're back!!! And that's the best thing of all! That, and I really liked that you started a shit ton of sentences with and. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cris: I trust you rectified that situation? Because it has to be done to retain your coolness.

    Vix: Yes, soon I'm planing on actually becoming a six year old and asking "Why?" every two seconds too. You won't like THAT! Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Not yet... haven't had a chance to hit the supermarket lately. I've been making do with mango yoghurt. ;o)
    Thursday will be the big grocery shopping day!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well then I guess you're HALF way there at least! I'll allow this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those are some mighty fine paintings you've got there, lady. It appears you have been busy after all.

    ReplyDelete
  28. !!!!!! !! !

    Like a mirage of water to the dying traveler in the desert, your words flicker on the horizon. I pinch myself in speechless disbelief for a moment, but then realize I'm not actually speechless. Quite the opposite...

    X

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cora: well thank you! and I painted them last summer so um...not really. Haha!

    Eric: and we wouldn't want you any other way, Tex. Really. Except maybe carrying cake.

    ReplyDelete
  30. 'Almost all of you don't give a shit.'

    Too damn right. That was a very boring post.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Agreed Fat Doc! I mean I did say so. You were warned! The next one might be better though.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey 149, are you doing that whole twitter thang?
    I saw someone on there with your wit, talking of cake and winter... looked like you a bit, but less animated. It brought a wistful smirk to my lips, and temptation to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  33. HEY TEX! No, I am not on the Twitter machine, therefore it must be my mind twin or something. Sorry! Gosh now I feel disappointing. HOW ARE YOU?

    ReplyDelete

Hit me with your rhythm stick.

Here's the What What

So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...