In part one of my new, smash hit, informative series of short educational essays on how to be a non-suspicious, functioning human being, I tell you about one of the most important pointers of all – how to avoid becoming a serial killer.
You see, I have noticed that you can tell a lot about a person by the vessels they use to consume their beverages. For example, it’s a little known fact that anyone who drinks a cold beverage, like soda or milk or juice, from a coffee mug, has just unwittingly fulfilled the main marker criteria for a burgeoning serial killer. It’s an alert that’s up there with disembowelling squirrels and firing rockets at the postman while he's delivering your monthly copy of "JUGGS".
See, every sane person knows that mugs are for coffee and even, on occasion, for tea or hot chocolate or even a warming beaker of steaming hot tomato soup while trying to snuff out an untimely bout of the influenza or other insistent, system-attacking pestilence. Only a heinous, in-bred, red-eyed, mutant, who carries a meat cleaver and a diagram of the location of all the major human organs in their bag or man-purse, would think there was nothing wrong in sipping a cold refreshment from a coffee mug. This is an etiquette no no, like wearing a scrunchy to a cocktail party, or Paris Hilton doing anything, anywhere, anytime that involves us having to hear about it.
Cold drinks go in glasses or even plastic tumblers or bottles. If you put them in a mug, you are basically declaring, “I am going to suck all of the blood out of a kitten and yank out the entrails of a kindergarten student with pliers before stuffing the entire bloody mix into your mama’s vagina.”
My other criteria for spotting a twisted serial killer are as follows:
Wears taped glasses
Blinks a lot
Has the names “Luther” or “Lucas” somewhere in their name
Uses three names (Wendy B. agrees!)
Wears pants that are too short
Is obsessed with Tom Hanks
Can’t say the word “panties” without drooling on his shirt
Gets a boner from any of the following; power tools, butter, bile, armpits, cat food, covering nipples in Creosote, videos of amputations, the movie “Titanic”, Howie Mandel.
Basically, stay away from any of those and you should never have to keep dismembered bodies in the crawl space under your house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Here's the What What
So. People have nudged me about my total ineptness at updating this thing and they are correct. It's just, I don't have a life reall...
-
Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 - the wee small hours of insomnia Religion. It's all around us. And it's killing us in record num...
-
You know what? Swearing's a fine tool to have in your arsenal, and Lord knows it's my favourite power tool of all - even better tha...
-
Tuesday, April 19th, 2011 – achey breaky knee, Tonka Bean chocolate is good, digging plaid Hi! Yes you! Remember me? I sometimes post n...
amen! however, now i'm a little afraid of my girls. they use every opportunity they can get to misuse coffee mugs. if i should die before i wake, you know what happened. (and please get to the top nightstand drawer on the right before my mother does.)
ReplyDeleteHahaha, man, I hope that nightstand has a solid lock. :) An armored guard would be better I suspect. Ha!
ReplyDeleteGreat tips! I definitely won't be killed by a serial killer now!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy I caught you in time, dude. Phew!
ReplyDeleteI think another dead giveaway (pun totally intended) is if the person doesn't own a cell phone for 2 + years. It's just.. not right. Not to mention not being able to be reached would be really beneficial. Your criteria is dead on though (intentional pun). Although someone using 2 intended puns in one comment is really questionable too. Hmmm
ReplyDeleteHahahaha! Oh touche Mrs. Beer, touche! :) Fucker!
ReplyDeletePhewww, for a moment there I was getting a bit worried in paragraph 3. Then I realized I don't own a man-purse, so all is well!
ReplyDeleteDrinking cold drinks from a coffee mug? What kind of freak would do that?! I'm alright. I just psychoanalysed myself and although I do drink from a disembowelling squirrel, there's nothing weird or serial-killerish about that.
ReplyDeleteLe Papa de Skyler: Right? Close call, huh! Still, you better lose that scrunchy before anyone picks up on THAT. Shhhh!
ReplyDeleteMo: Drinking from a "disembowelling squirrel" eh? FREAK. So let me get this straight. He's IN THE ART of being disembowelled as you drink? WTF man, you are twisted. At least wait till he's dead then use his skull as a tiki mug.
ReplyDelete"Butter, Bile, And Armpits", coincidentally, is the title of my upcoming autobiography due out in bookstores this summer.
ReplyDeleteWell fuck man, I'm totally buying THAT!
ReplyDeleteFor a minute there I thought I might be a serial killer. I just seemed to hit all the right criteria, except one. I don't get a boner from Howie Mandel. I'm surprised that anyone would, but now that you mention serial killers having that affliction it totally makes sense.
ReplyDeleteVery funny post! Gotta go set fire to the hamsters now. Cheers!
Tom Lucas Goette
Serial Tom: Well, to be honest, you don't need to fulfill ALL the criteria but just embody some of them. SO I'd say you win. Or lose. However you choose to look at it. Put those hamsters down, Hannibal.
ReplyDeletei drink everything with a coffee mug, cold or hot. i haven't killed anyone yet, but you never know. several times i came dangerously close. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing. And letting every one know you're on the FBI watch list. Freak. :)
ReplyDeleteDear Vegetable Assassin,
ReplyDeleteI had hoped to embark on a career as a serial killer, but I am now unsure if I could ever qualify, as I don’t fulfil any of the requirements you have laid down.
Simon
P.S. I have just seen Mrs Beer’s comment about not owning a cell phone for 2+ years, and now feel there is hope for me! Thank you.
Hahaha, good for you. However, I tend to think that anyone not owning a cell phone for a lengthy period, designates them as merely "AWESOME".
ReplyDeleteFreaky! And speaking of freaky things/potential psychopaths, you will be thrilled to learn that your beloved lolololo man is becoming something of a celebrity over here thanks to a certain Radio 1 DJ. Now I am waking up to the sound of....."lolololo". It's enough to turn anyone into a serial killer. Strangely enough, today I started drinking cold water out of a coffee mug....
ReplyDeleteWow! Such helpful tips! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteNat: Mr. Lololo is merely a happy chappy, NOT a serial killer. He might turn YOU into one however, but that's all dependent on your other "tendencies". Like water from a coffee mug. Hmmmm..
ReplyDeleteAFANM: You're welcome. Now stay off the most wanted list, ok?
Well... I was worried when I saw the title of your post that you would profile me... Luckily I never drink from coffee mugs. I do always drink from wine glasses, but 95% of the time that's because I'm actually drinking wine..
ReplyDeleteWhat about drinking soda from wine glasses? That just makes me a fancy lady right? and not a serial killer? I would never drink it from a coffee mug. That is just... mental.
ReplyDeleteThey also live in their mother's basement, torture cats, drive a van, and spank Mr. Wanky off to Sears Roebuck catalogs. I think the coffee mug thing is OK...LOL.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking from experience?
ReplyDeleteI guess, if your mama's vagina wasn't so big, you wouldn't have to worry about people shoving shit up there.
just slayin
I think maybe the perception of serial killers having 'three names' is because the news reporters don't want to make a living hell out of life for people named 'John Duane Gacey, Jr.' and 'Henry Louis Lucas'.
ReplyDeleteHey I have a great house for you to buy, John Gacy and Henry L. Lucas live just down the street.
Mmmmm, panties
I have a friend who owns one of those big plastic tumbler mugs like you'd get free for buying a tank of gas. He has covered it in stickers like the young people do with Doc Martens or skateboards. And he carries it with him at all times...when he is in a restaurant and orders a fountain drink, he asks that they fill his cup instead of one of the restaurant's glasses.
ReplyDeleteAm I lucky that I am not long dead?
Having three names is a dead giveaway, but these other little known red flags are good to know. You are providing a very important service here, miss.
ReplyDeleteI also think people who put the toilet paper roll on so that the paper goes UNDER the roll are probably on their way to becoming serial killers. They're sociopaths, at the very least.
Bah! You say serial killer I say ghetto. My (pretend) friends were discussing this the other day. We (me myself and I) thought it was just a ghetto thing, since every hispanic family I know uses mugs or disposable plastic cups to drink out of. Those are our "fancy cups".
ReplyDeleteI was worried until I saw the rest of your list. 2 outta 9 ain't bad. *phew*
Hey! I just realized you forgot to mention having an affinity for off-white, raised lettering business cards.
ReplyDeleteYou are so right about the taped glasses thing. Serial killers tried to disguise this as just being nerds in the 80's, but I knew better.
ReplyDeleteCan I drink soda from the stiletto of a hooker I found bludgeoned to death in a dark alley by my home? If someone ELSE killed her, it's cool right?
ReplyDeleteI can't wait until we see Vincent D'noffrio peering intently into a coffee mug and murmuring, "ahh soda in the coffee mug, according to the Veg Criteria, clearly a serial killer". Oh crap I just admitted that I watch Law & Order. I'm officially sad.
ReplyDeleteDidn't know about the Tom Hanks thing.
ReplyDeleteAll this time, I thought a serial killer was someone who put too much milk in his/her bowl of Captain Crunch....oh wait, that is CEREAL killer.
Sorry....I just had to go there.
sooo true- i never even thought about that! only a crazy person would drink a cold drink out of a mug.
ReplyDeleteand blinking a lot? for sure. more like twitching.
I hope your tips help catch that serial killer before he gets to the Young and the Restless; he already offed Love of Life, Secret Storm, The Edge of Night, Ryan's Hope and Search for Tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteYou know what? I refuse to be a serial killer. I just refuse! Pure willpower, baby! I'm going COLD TURKEY on the serial killing!!
ReplyDeleteBut thanks for those tips, though. That's just extra ammunition towards my motivation.
Doesn't everyone get aroused from butter?
ReplyDeleteI like to think taking my hot drinks in a glass tumbler makes me look very continental - you may have another theory!
ReplyDelete“I am going to suck all of the blood out of a kitten and yank out the entrails of a kindergarten student with pliers before stuffing the entire bloody mix into your mama’s vagina.”
ReplyDeleteI officially love you and fear you.
I can't decide if I should be scared you or be thankful to you for this great service you have to the entire human race...
ReplyDeleteWhew! Thank GOD you wrote this before my parent/teacher conferences next week! MUCH appreciated!!
ReplyDeleteBut what if all your other cups were dirty and you were soooo thirsty? It only happened a few times. I swear.
ReplyDeleteAnd power tools shouldn't be on that list. Ever watched a man with a drill? Holla.
I'm just thankful that I don't have Luther or Lucas in my name.
ReplyDeleteI guess I'm free and clear.
Now..
..where to bury all these prostitutes...
Oh Christ! Yesterday I ate ice cream out of a coffee mug (it was that or do the dishes. I made the proper choice. Clearly) soooo what do the rules of Serial Killerdom say about THAT????
ReplyDeleteDrinking cold things from mugs also gets you killed by serial killers, or at least by the Fate Monster like in the first Final Destination movie. The teacher had hot coffee in her mug and then poured it out, added ice cubes and maybe vodka and the mug split and dripped and electrocuted her. I'll always remember that one death because my roommate had already watched the movie and was so impressed that I knew the porcelain mug was going to split before it did. She was a bit slow, that one.
ReplyDeleteCarissa: Well wine from wine glasses is perfectly fine. I mean hello! Just don't pour any into a coffee mug and drink THAT, otherwise, well...
ReplyDeleteSoda: Oddly enough soda from wine glasses passes as merely "eccentric" as a) I have been known to do this with apple juice, and b) it's still cold drink from a GLASS. See how it goes? If I do it, it's ok. Otherwise, no.
Momma F: Yes they do. Basement dwelling, rape-van driving, catalogue wanking, Coke drinkers from coffee mugs. Yup.
Ed: How do YOU know the size of my mom's vagina, SERIAL KILLER? Pfft.
Eric: Well you do live in Texas. I mean, isn't it ALL deviants and serial killers down there? (Sorry Texas!)
Words: Now see, that's a-ok. Big, plastic tumblers with soda in them is normal. If it was a big soda cup he was filling with COFFEE, I'd do a psych profile before letting him near any women/old people/kids/pets. :)
BeckE: You're welcome. I'm happy I can prevent you from being either murdered or becoming a murderer. And I AGREE with the toilet roll observation. Under is just wrong. That's a deviant for sure.
J: Off white raised font business cards eh? I think maybe YOU are a latent serial killer. And the mug thing? You say ghetto, I say psychopathic sociopath. Same difference, man, same difference.
Miss Y: See? Not so harmless now are they? Now you know they don't just deal in Star Trek, but also ENTRAILS.
What if you put hot things in tumblers? I mean, apart from a scalded hand.
ReplyDeleteSteamy: Oh well, if someone ELSE killed her, it'd be a shame to waste a good stiletto, FREAKAZOID. :)
ReplyDeleteRusty: Now see you've brought up another subject entirely. Vince d'Onofrio, in my opinion, might BE a serial killer himself. Have you seen that guy? He's major freaky. I bet he has some serious quirks. The way he looks at people just screams "Tonight I will be EATING your eyeballs!"
Little Ms. B: I knew someone would stoop to it, so I'm sort of happy it's you. I deliberately stayed clear of the cereal jokes but hey, someone just had to. Pffft!
Aladdin: Damn right. Although I think NOT BLINKING might be a bigger signifier. That's just plain CREEPY.
Eva: My goodness, what sort of serial killer spends his time massacring soap opera characters? That's one sick puppy, you mark my words.
Dog: That's the spirit, dude. Refusal and denial. All I'm saying is, stay away from the cold beverage in a hot beverage receptacle and you'll be just fine.
Dreich: Oh dear. Yes. Yes they do. Butter and Irn Bru. I've been calling you a psycho for a while now too. I know these things.
T.N.M.Age: Can I plead the fifth? And keep my tongue?
Jessica O: Also a serial killer I think. I mean encouraging such barbaric behaviour even by finding it amusing? Bodies. I bet you crush old people with your car. :)
Jana: I think a healthy measure of both, never hurt anyone. Just build a shrine to me in your basement and offer regular chocolate sacrifices and well...you'll be ok.
Jules: I know, I pride myself on my timing Jules. As Bryan Adams once famously and annoyingly said "Everything I Do, I Do For You".
Ms. OWO: See someone else brought up this fascinating idea in person yesterday and I will tell you what I told them. Get off your lazy arse and WASH A GLASS, FUCKER. :)
Moooooog: Yeah. Yeah you're practically an angel of humanity. Crazy guy.
Cora: Ha! Ha ha ha! Again, wash a damn BOWL you latent serial killer. Before it's too late and the dark side completely claims you!
Jenna: A very good point! And thanks for bringing it to my attention. It works both ways. Either you die a horrendous death or you turn into a soul-less serial killing lunatic. The end.
Kate: Well see that's slightly different. If you put hot things in tumblers or highball glasses say, you won't necessarily become a serial killer, however you won't get into MENSA anytime soon either. Are we understanding each other? If you drink hot drinks from a tumbler, we are probably not, otherwise, word up!
ReplyDeleteI never knew that about Martin Luther King. And he seemed like such a nice, non-violent type. I guess it goes to show that you never really know someone...
ReplyDeleteIt's not exactly a secret that I have aspirations of being a successful (as in not getting caught) serial killer ... I wonder if it's because I cannot, just cannot, drink soup from a mug or those new sippy cans? I have to use a spoon no matter what.
ReplyDeletehow can you *not* get a boner from butter? i ask you. i have one right now.
ReplyDeletethank you for helping me blend in for a few more years. but i think you know a leetle too much for your own good. *foreshadowing*
Um, SO true! The nastiest is water out of a mug. I will dehydrate before that day.
ReplyDeleteBrutalism: Damn, I forgot about MLK. I didn't say there were no EXCEPTIONS to the Luther rule. Although maybe he was a secret serial killer? Who knows? Not me.
ReplyDeleteDJ: You're a proper lady that's why. Silverware only, thank you very much.
MLB: I am in the know. Nothing sinister. I just know things. Like butter is not sexy, I know that.
Buffster: Oh God yes. It's far too wrong to even contemplate!
I don't drink my bru from a mug though, in fact I've not had any at all for a few weeks. So I'm not a psycho...damn I've finally killed everyone in Scotland.
ReplyDeleteUmmm. I had a glass, sorry MUG, of cranberry juice last night. But in my defense it was because we were all out of clean glasses. Anyone that would admit that they haven't run the dishwasher in 2 days can't be all that bad can they? At least they are honest, even if it makes them look like a slob. Right? Right?- G
ReplyDeleteYou know me, Veggie Ass, I like to live life on the edge.
ReplyDeleteI read your post last night, but it wasn't until this morning that I realised I could put a little extra spice in my life...
I was about to pour out some grapefruit juice into a glass when I thought "No, Richard, pour it into a mug!"
And I did!
I felt a little thrill knowing that when he drank grapefruit juice, this was how Hannibal Lector did it!
Oh Crikey - this might not be the best time to tell you that my full name is Lucas Luther Labonne
ReplyDeleteLMFAO dude, where do you come up with this stuff?!?!? HAAAAAAAHAHAHAA!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you. Milk from a mug does NOT taste the same either. Just doesn't!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I think my fiance might be a serial killer. Good thing you gave me a heads up. :)
One more thing. I've thought more about this drinking thing, and I've determined that people who don't drink ANYTHING with a meal are probably serial killers or, at the very least, very mentally unstable. Who does that?? I remember when I used to waitress (500 years ago) and when someone would place their order and I would ask what they wanted to drink and they said, "nothing," I would always go, "are you sure?" And if they said "no" again, I'd hesitate and be like, "just water?" And they'd go, "No, nothing." And then I'd slowly back away, go back to the wait station and call the authorities.
ReplyDeleteSad thing is I match a couple of your criteria. Something to look forward to I guess.
ReplyDeleteDreich: Not a psycho. Got it. Not at all convinced, but got it.
ReplyDeleteGeorgina: Nope. We have covered LAZINESS, missy and using a mug so yo don't have to wash a glass still makes you eligible. :) Ha!
Rich: You're living on the edge now, man. You dangerous being.
Lulu: Wow. Not only two serial killer names but also three Ls. That has to be a marker too. At least it's not three Ks though.
Cass: I buy it on Ebay!
wsxwhx: Balloons!
Mainland: Damn straight! Now to convince your fiance.... Hmmm.
Beck: FUCK YES. What's wrong with those people? Who can eat without a beverage? WHO BUT A SERIAL KILLER? That's got to be a pointer. They might as well have a Jeffrey Dahmer tattoo on their forehead.
Melissa: Something for YOU I guess. The rest of us are leaving the country. :)
The woman who shares my office doesn't drink with her meals. This explains SO much.
ReplyDeleteAnd certainly old model white vans with no windows. Never park next to them without a Swiss Army knife. You can't just lace your keys between your fingers and make a fist. You don't even know HOW to punch.
ReplyDeleteDuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude... I totally drink EVERYTHING out of mugs! LOLOLOL. YOU SUCK.
ReplyDeleteJ/K I love you. Or DO I?!?!?!? Bwaaaaa hahahaha.....
And BTW, it's been way too long since I've been here. WTF.
ReplyDeleteMmmmmmmm.....butter! BUTTER!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWords: That woman is clearly related to Satan. It's the only explanation.
ReplyDeleteSharon: Noted. I am taking this down. Keys, fist. Got it. :)
Cindy: I'm going to pretend you didn't tell me the mug thing and then you can continue being cool. Haha!
Wendy: Calm down woman! You'll never fit in to those tres cool threads if you keep snorting butter!