Well, winter is in full swing here, with some grey, rainy doom making me want to work in my fuzzy pajamas and drink coffee all day long. You might argue that is me most days, but you'd be only partially right, I WEAR REAL PANTS THANK YOU. Oops, yelling.
Then the next day arrives, where the sun shines and everything is beautiful and you get all smug and gloaty, before the following day when it decides to be all rain again to teach your smug self a lesson.
But it's 2018 finally, and while we might not yet have our flying cars and no poverty and free food and wine, it does at least mean that 2017 is a distant, blurry nightmare, fading in the rear view mirror. That has to be a good thing, right? Can we just pretend it didn't happen?
While we're (vaguely) on the subject though, flying cars are a terrible idea. I mean how would you even police that?
In the worst segue ever to exist, we have a Phillips Hue bulb in our office here, so I can make it orange, or pink, or any other color I feel like, and it honestly, really helps make the place feel cosy and lovely against all the grey outside. Also I can do that thing where you make the light bright red and dim so the outside world thinks you're living in a brothel. I mean who doesn't want that?
Other than this, January is all about sitting around filling the time with semi-interesting things to make February arrive faster. And February is, at least, short. So there's that. Then it's spring and real life can commence again.
In case it's cold, snowy, rainy, or grey in whatever shithole country you are in [(c) Trump 2018], please enjoy this photo from yesterday, when it was gorgeous here and not the depressing mess it is today.
You are most welcome.

So in your area of Canada it rains more than snows?
ReplyDeleteOur president (I refer to him as Donny John) is a shit-word genius. He might also be a twitter genius. While he is great at generating offensive names for his enemies (if only he would leave office and start a name calling reality TV show) don't think he understand even one policy within our government. "Make America Great Again" is a slogan not a policy.
Oh wait, sorry you had a post that I just read. So this colorful controllable light that you misuse as a brothel sign - interesting to find in an office. Like a work place - right? Does everyone get to change the color? Do others think it's a brothel sign? You might know from my blog that I build gadgets as a hobby. I have a few LED displays with rainbows of color. Grandkids like them until they get bored. My latest one is an old rotary dial hooked to microcontroller and colorful LED matrix. If you dial the secret number a rainbow of color is display. Maybe I sell one (I only have one at the moment) to your office.
I must create a better way to correct my comments. I hate to admit that I did look my comment over quickly. God that last sentence reads like English is my third language.
ReplyDeleteThey both amused me. :)a proper response when I'm at my computer later.
ReplyDeleteThat is indeed gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteAnd goes very well as an emphatic way to wind up the text, too! Hit 'em with the clear-day view.
I wonder if we can compile by inference and subtle attention to detail a list of countries which are officially* not "shithole"?** I feel like at this point, we could really only go so far as:
1. Norway.
Which is already quite a list!
Anyway.
*I mean of course "officially" only according to your afore-cited copyright holder.
**I prefer it as an adjective! "What do you think of this top?" "Eh I dunno. It's a bit shithole innit?"
Lisle: Yes, more rain than snow in winter. Nice in summer. No freezing cold, at least not often.
ReplyDeleteAs for The Turnip, he couldn't compile even a list of insults without messing it up or at the very least, taking credit for inventing them all himself. He IS the best at everything, remember...
Also, your inventions are interesting and fun and way more exciting than anything the orange turnip could possibly come up with.
I don't even bother with grammar checks at this point in comments as I usually do them on my phone and well...LAZY.
Joe: I believe even the great Shithole himself named Norway, which - I have Norwegian friends and they have a great quality of life, are talented, very modern...but now I have to question all of that because if the Shithole believes Norway to be all that is pure in this world, how pure can it really be? I mean if I were Norway right now, I'd sue that fucknut. He just probably heard the word somewhere and got someone to google it. He then went "oh. Norway. I guess it's pretty good. Not America good, but pretty good. Is it white? I like it." Then went back to picking nits out of his toupe or whatever it is he does when he's not...you know...fucking up a country.
Hey, you! Winter in full swing now? It's supposed to be on the downside. Groundhog day is in 2 days. I bet spring is around the corner in our neck of the woods and 6 more week of winter in the other. Happy 2018!
ReplyDeleteMOMMA: you know, winter never really came this year. Got rainy with intermittent sun, and it snowed one day (Christmas! ) and that's been it. Awesome! Still haven't worn a coat. :)
ReplyDelete